The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

2 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

How about you show me a throw over 50 yards where Carr clearly lacks the arm strength to accurately make it, that is what you're implying correct?  I showed you a video that he can throw a 60 yard dime....  I'll wait for something other than our opinion. 

12 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Well you find a better example then that’s recent.... I’ll wait

my opinion is worthless lol ouch lol

I respect your opinion very highly Ncoughman, really enjoy reading your posts but just wanting to clarify what you are saying here. Do you think Carr's arm is in decline or do you think he puts too much air under his long balls and only recently?

He still seems to be able to throw lasers down the seam like he did with Williams' TD against the Chargers I think it was, his arm looked electric there to my uneducated eyes 😀

• Like 1

Reflecting on DC since the 2016 "MVP" season

2017- DC still wasn't right coming back from his major injury he suffered at the end of the 2016 season. He tried to Brett Favre it for the Raiders. Add to the fact Marshawn Lynch wasn't the Marshawn Lynch of old, Crabtree lost a step, and Cordelle Patterson was bust free agent signing, Seth Roberts started to drop the ball(after getting paid), and coaching. Jack Del Rio was exposed as a bad coach, and hired a OC who was in over his head. The defense was a liability, which did the team no favors

2018- in comes Gruden and his complex playbook. Mack was traded right before the season, which sucked out the soul of the team. Amari had checked out, and eventually traded. Jordy Nelson was over the hill, and retired the next year. Lynch body broke down, and barely even contributed. Raiders also were starting two green rookie tackles in Miller/Parker. Martevuis Bryant was suppose to be a key piece(who Gruden traded a 3rd round pick)and he barely even seen the field. The defense was pathetic yet again! The team was basically torn apart, and entered rebuild mode to win with Grudens vision. 

2019- AB went crazy right before the season. Raiders offense was suppose to be centered around AB. Tyrell Williams was injured during the season. Free agent pickups JJ Nelson and Ryan Grant couldn't even make it out of camp. DC didn't have a bad season, actually was solid. Raiders showed improvement and were in most games. DC was knocked because of "check downs" and not punching it in the end zone. Thats where playmakers come into play, and the Raiders were in a weekly disadvantage in that regard. A small 5th round pick was the teams best wideout. It was so bad MM/Gruden made two separate trade Trevor Davis/Zay Jones to get talent into the unit as a panic move. MM/Gruden really focused on the lack of playmakers the next offseason by bringing in Ruggs/Edwards/Bowden/Agholor

I fully expect DC to have a good year staying within the same system/actual NFL talent/no health concerns/better defense. It's lazy to ignore the variables of the past few years, and come to the conclusion that DC is the bottleneck for the organization.

Edited by Humble_Beast
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Darbsk said:

I respect your opinion very highly Ncoughman, really enjoy reading your posts but just wanting to clarify what you are saying here. Do you think Carr's arm is in decline or do you think he puts too much air under his long balls and only recently?

He still seems to be able to throw lasers down the seam like he did with Williams' TD against the Chargers I think it was, his arm looked electric there to my uneducated eyes 😀

I know this was not directed to me but I believe Carr has the ability and chooses the to float the ball to often.  His issues come back to decision making ability almost every time.  Carr's arm is at worst  above average.  Just hard to throw lasers to your RBs who are less than 10 yards away.  On his deep ball I think he has an infatuation with trying to float the ball but puts to much air under it.   Maybe he is trying to make it look easy.

29 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Reflecting on DC since the 2016 "MVP" season

2017- DC still wasn't right coming back from his major injury he suffered at the end of the 2016 season. He tried to Brett Favre it for the Raiders. Add to the fact Marshawn Lynch wasn't the Marshawn Lynch of old, Crabtree lost a step, and Cordelle Patterson was bust free agent signing, Seth Roberts started to drop the ball(after getting paid), and coaching. Jack Del Rio was exposed as a bad coached, and hired a OC who was in over his head. The defense was a liability, which did the team no favors

2018- in comes Gruden and his complex playbook. Mack was traded right before the season, which sucked out the soul of the team. Amari had checked out, and eventually traded. Jordy Nelson was over the hill, and retired the next year. Lynch body broke down, and barely even contributed. Raiders also were starting two green rookie tackles in Miller/Parker. Martevuis Bryant was suppose to be a key piece who Gruden traded a 3rd round pick, barely even seen the field. The defense was pathetic yet again! The team was basically torn apart, and entered rebuild mode to win with Grudens vision. 

2019- AB went crazy right before the season. Raiders offense was suppose to be centered around AB. Tyrell Williams was injured during the season. Free agent pickups JJ Nelson and Ryan Grant couldn't even make it out of camp. DC didn't have a bad season, actually was solid. Raiders showed improvement and were in most games. DC was knocked because of "check downs" and not punching it in the end zone. Thats where playmakers come into play, and the Raiders were in a weekly disadvantage in that regard. A small 5th round pick was the teams best wideout. It was so bad MM/Gruden made two separate trade Trevor Davis/Zay Jones to get talent into the unit during the season. MM/Gruden really addressed the lack of playmakers by bringing in Ruggs/Edwards/Bowden/Agholor

I fully expect DC to have a good year staying within the same system/actual NFL talent/no health concerns/better defense. It's lazy to ignore the variables of the past few years, and come to the conclusion that DC is the bottleneck for the organization.

Well said and spot on.  Summed up very nicely yet some people just can't grasp this....

1 hour ago, Darbsk said:

Just asked a question about how far people thought carr could throw someone offered their opinion I offered mine and was told that mine was worthless lol

curious how far do you think carr can throw currently?

Just now, NCOUGHMAN said:

Just asked a question about how far people thought carr could throw someone offered their opinion I offered mine and was told that mine was worthless lol

Oh heck, I simply dont know. How far he can throw it or how far he can accurately throw it to a running receiver.......big difference. I guesstimate 53.74 yards 👍 

I just love the lasers he throws down the seams and hope we see more of those to Waller, Renfrow and Agholor this year!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I was just wanting proof to substantiate what you are saying because I have seen nothing at all to warrant that opinion.  You still have shown me zero proof and I showed you a clip where he can throw a 60 yard laser.  You only retort was that was 3 years ago?  That is a pretty lame stance considering your hard lined stance that Carr's arm strength has severely diminished.  

4 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Carr steps up and hits a wide open Gafford in stride on a beautiful throw.  

Started throw from 43yard line landed 15 yard line =42 yards effortlessly imo so consistent to my original worthless opinion 

2 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I was just wanting proof to substantiate what you are saying because I have seen nothing at all to warrant that opinion.  You still have shown me zero proof and I showed you a clip where he can throw a 60 yard laser.  You only retort was that was 3 years ago?  That is a pretty lame stance considering your hard lined stance that Carr's arm strength has severely diminished.  

That’s like al Bundy Polk high stories living in the past

Edited by NCOUGHMAN

3 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Started throw from 43yard line landed 15 yard line =42 yards effortlessly imo so consistent to my original worthless opinion 

So you're saying that was 100 percent of Carr's arm strength on that throw?  He can't throw one more yard?  I'm confused as to what your point is....  Come on man, tell me you're kidding bc that is a pretty pathetic example. 

Edited by Frankie2Gunz