The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

34 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Too bad Carr ain't Brady, maybe Carr should lay his neck on the line more often it could mean you know winning games.

I'm on trash team so I'm not going to give it all I got, sounds commendable.

You don't get it.  Why would a player risk their career and tens of millions of dollars on a team with a roster that is complied of trash?  Anyone who knows football understands that the talent Carr has played with for the majority of his career equates to teams that should win four games.

Have you ever heard live to play another day?  That is smart football, winning is contagious and we all saw what Carr can do when this team is winning games.  I am very confident that when this team is winning Carr will lay it all on the line.  You may not like it but players are business men and their bodies are their money makers.  Why would anyone who is making 25 million dollars a year risk their career and all of that money on teams that everyone knows are absolute trash.  Play conservative until you need to lay it on the line, Carr learned that from his brother who tried to lay it all on the line with trash teams.  It ruined his career....  

Tom Brady on the last few years of Rider dumpster fire teams would have looked old and washed up, 

16 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

He was digging himself a hole lol

That’s not mamba mentality 

never saw Kobe hold back cause his team wasn’t stacked

think Frankie just admitted that carr is/was not giving it 100% because the team isn’t up to his standards. While everyone else on the team is giving it 150% dam near risking their life for a win.

You think every player on that team gave it 100 percent?  LOL Players take their foot off the gas when they're getting embarrassed on a weekly basis.  You're kidding yourself if you think they dont.

It could also be that Gruden knows his teams are trash, his job is safe and has run a conservative O to keep Carr safe and fresh until his surrounding cast is ready.  

Possibly a hybrid of the two...

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

4 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

You think every player on that team gave it 100 percent?  LOL Players take their foot off the gas when they're getting embarrassed on a weekly basis.  You're kidding yourself if you think they dont.

It could also be that Gruden knows his teams are trash, his job is safe and has run a conservative O to keep Carr safe and fresh until his surrounding cast is ready.  

Interesting idea 

3 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Interesting idea 

It's not out of the realm of possibility.  Do you know how many talented QB's I have seen ruin their careers giving it their all on teams that couldn't support a talented QB.  David Carr is one of many on that list. 

I'm not sayin that this is a fact but it certainly is possible.  I have a feeling that both Gruden and Carr take the training wheels off when the time is right.  

I hope I'm right at least lol

Edited by Frankie2Gunz
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

You don't get it.  Why would a player risk their career and tens of millions of dollars on a team with a roster that is complied of trash?  Anyone who knows football understands that the talent Carr has played with for the majority of his career equates to teams that should win four games.

Have you ever heard live to play another day?  That is smart football, winning is contagious and we all saw what Carr can do when this team is winning games.  I am very confident that when this team is winning Carr will lay it all on the line.  You may not like it but players are business men and their bodies are their money makers.  Why would anyone who is making 25 million dollars a year risk their career and all of that money on teams that everyone knows are absolute trash.  Play conservative until you need to lay it on the line, Carr learned that from his brother who tried to lay it all on the line with trash teams.  It ruined his career....  

Tom Brady on the last few years of Rider dumpster fire teams would have looked old and washed up, 

Sometimes tomorrow never comes for some people. Some people don’t have that privilege. Lucky for carr I guess. 

1 minute ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

It's not out of the realm of possibility.  Do you know how many talented QB's I have seen ruin their careers giving it their all on teams that couldn't support a talented QB.

I'm not sayin that this is a fact but it certainly is possible.  I have a feeling that both Gruden and Carr take the training wheels off when the time is right.  

I hope I'm right at least lol

I hope so too cause he’s kinda running out of tomorrows

2 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Sometimes tomorrow never comes for some people. Some people don’t have that privilege. Lucky for carr I guess. 

That is very true.  He is lucky to be making that kind of money and being able to never have to work a day in his life after 35 if he doesn't want to.  

Every year this occurs is another wasted year of Carr's prime.  I blame these wasted years on the Raiders brass not on Carr.  

13 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

There has never been a coach in the history of the NFL that  doesn't try to win every game and every season. And simply save his average QB for a better roster? Never. Coaches are competitors and spend too much time in the office off-season and during the season to not give 100%.

BTW Gruden job is NOT safe. You sign 100 million contract, you have expectations to meet.

On 8/7/2020 at 8:19 AM, SilverNBlackFan said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/08/07/lincoln-kennedy-to-derek-carr-its-time-to-put-up-or-shut-up/

Carr is more known for being the most sensitive QB in the league over his play 🙄

Agree with Linc. STFU Carr and play well . Stop crying about being disrespected when you've won 4 games against winning teams in your career.

This is the same thing I've said since last season when Carr challenged the 1st take guys to a fight.

What has Carr done recently to feel like he's been disrespected? So in Carr's mind, he's played the QB position at the highest level whole pointing the finger at the players around him why he can't win.

That's what leaders don't do. That's what selfish players do. Put up or shut up time for Carr. The excuse train is over. He needs to win and score points

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

That is very true.  He is lucky to be making that kind of money and being able to never have to work a day in his life after 35 if he doesn't want to.  

Every year this occurs is another wasted year of Carr's prime.  I blame these wasted years on the Raiders brass not on Carr.  

Wow dam we’re wasting Carr’s prime lol

I think it's a little of both. Carr needs to step up a bit, but stability has killed him more than players around him. different system Every year or other year doesn't make it easier. they needed to draft and have guys grow with him. instead they had cooper who didn't seem to care if he was here or not. Cooper is talented but the passion to be a Raider didn't seem to match the talent. 

now we got dudes getting raiders tats, showing pride. this is good direction. hopefully it translates on the field. Carr needs to throw for 4300 plus, 29 plus tds and win 10 games. year three in system, tons of talent now around him. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

There has never been a coach in the history of the NFL that  doesn't try to win every game and every season. And simply save his average QB for a better roster? Never. Coaches are competitors and spend too much time in the office off-season and during the season to not give 100%.

BTW Gruden job is NOT safe. You sign 100 million contract, you have expectations to meet.

I disagree on both fronts.  If you don't think coaches have purposely sat players at the end of a season when games are locked up or if coaches don't try to lose games at the end of a season to get a better draft slot then I don't know what to tell you.  They don't make losing games to land a better draft pick obvious but to think it doesn't occur is downright foolish especially when there is a coach in place who's job is not on the line and may have had a down season. 

If you're a coach who's job is safe, you don't have a franchise QB in place, are down to the last game of the season where if you win you get the number 3 draft pick or if you lose you get the number 1 pick and the top college player is a projected franchise QB like Trevor Lawerence, you're telling me that you are doing everything to win that meaningless game to miss out on a potential franchise QB?  Come on man.  That is foolish.  

Gruden has a 10 year contract and while he does have expectations to meet he isn't going anywhere for at least the next 3 seasons.  You must remember that Davis is infatuated with Gruden and this organization is still considered a dumpster fire around the NFL.  No respectable coach would want to come here and coach, just look at our coaching track record over the last 30 years as proof of that.  

If you feel like Carr is an average QB tell me which QB's you would rather have over Carr to build your franchise around?

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

2 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I disagree on both fronts.  If you don't think coaches have purposely sat players at the end of a season when games are locked up or if coaches don't try to lose games at the end of a season to get a better draft slot then I don't know what to tell you.  They don't make losing games to land a better draft pick obvious but to think it doesn't occur is downright foolish especially when there is a coach in place who's job is not on the line and may have had a down season. 

If you're a coach who's job is safe, you don't have a franchise QB in place, are down to the last game of the season where if you win you get the number 3 draft pick or if you lose you get the number 1 pick and the top college player is a projected franchise QB like Trevor Lawerence, you're telling me that you are doing everything to win that meaningless game to miss out on a potential franchise QB?  Come on man.  That is foolish.  

Gruden has a 10 year contract and while he does have expectations to meet he isn't going anywhere for at least the next 3 seasons.  You must remember that Davis is infatuated with Gruden and this organization is still considered a dumpster fire around the NFL.  No respectable coach would want to come here and coach, just look at our coaching track record over the last 30 years as proof of that.  

If you feel like Carr is an average QB tell me which QB's you would rather have over Carr to build your franchise around?

NFL coaches don't lose games on purpose for draft position. That is a fantasy that the media and fans created. It has never happened or never will.

If a team is out of playoff position towards the end of the season, coaches and management will sometimes play other players on the bench to see if they can become contributors for the future. Many times the starters have injuries that they need to sit. However Coaches don't lose games on Purpose. Never! Could you imagine the coach telling a player who is fighting to stay in the NFL that we are gonna lose this game on purpose LOL

Gruden is Under pressure this season to improve the team. You sign a 100 million deal you're gonna have to win. Perhaps Carr is the fall guy here

37 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

NFL coaches don't lose games on purpose for draft position. That is a fantasy that the media and fans created. It has never happened or never will.

If a team is out of playoff position towards the end of the season, coaches and management will sometimes play other players on the bench to see if they can become contributors for the future. Many times the starters have injuries that they need to sit. However Coaches don't lose games on Purpose. Never! Could you imagine the coach telling a player who is fighting to stay in the NFL that we are gonna lose this game on purpose LOL

Gruden is Under pressure this season to improve the team. You sign a 100 million deal you're gonna have to win. Perhaps Carr is the fall guy here

coaches are under pressure every year. he's not getting fired even if he was 4-12. won't matter because he'll win like 9-11 anyway.