The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

7 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Huh?  I can't even follow your convoluted thought pattern as I have no clue what you are talking about.

Lumping Carr and Kap in the same universe as a QB is beyond insane.  Kap was benched for a bum after stinking up the joint and over his 6 year  NFL career averaged 2045 and 12 passing TD's per season.  Absolutely atrocious.  Kap has also not taken a snap in the NFL for years and the stats that I have listed can prove exactly why....

Carr on the other hand has never been benched over his 6 year career, always had a job and has also been a starting NFL QB ever year during the prime of his career.  Over those prime, employed years of Carrs he has averaged 3800 yards and 24 Td's per season which is pretty stellar considering he has been on a dumpster fire of a team every single year of his career.  

So to answer your question the answer is no.  There are a ton of factors that make Carr a far superior QB to Kap and the fact that he still has a starting job as a QB speaks volumes about who is right and who is wrong in this argument. 

For all that 1-11 talk and how bad kap is. Kap still has a higher win % than carr. That’s in the regular season and playoffs.

12 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I give you props tho man you stand your ground and you don’t hide. Props for real you been around here a while too. 👊🏾

Thank's man and same to you!!!

I know we both want the same thing we just have different approaches on how to get there.  I enjoy the back and forth banter with you as it passes the time hahah 

Go Raiders!!!!!

• Like 3

Just now, Frankie2Gunz said:

Thank's man and same to you!!!

I know we both want the same thing we just have different approaches on how to get there.  I enjoy the back and forth banter with you as it passes the time hahah 

Go Raiders!!!!!

Exactly same here man take it easy.....until next time lol.

Go Raiders!!!!

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

For all that 1-11 talk and how bad kap is. Kap still has a higher win % than carr. That’s in the regular season and playoffs.

But isn't that the perfect justification for believing that the whole team is more important in win/loss record?     

I mean if we think Kaep is an inferior QB to Carr (I dont think that's an unfounded or unusual position) and yet he has a better record then it must be an external factor like the supporting cast or coaching .......unless you think Kaep is a better overall QB?

NCough and Frankie I think you both raise good points, I believe the team as a whole is responsible for the win/loss record but the QB can play a big part in it. 

I also believe that on occasion a QB can pull a win from out of nowhere, as Kaep has done despite being not a great QB and most good QBs can elevate the team at least on occasion. We need Carr to do this more.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

But isn't that the perfect justification for believing that the whole team is more important in win/loss record?     

I mean if we think Kaep is an inferior QB to Carr (I dont think that's an unfounded or unusual position) and yet he has a better record then it must be an external factor like the supporting cast or coaching .......unless you think Kaep is a better overall QB?

NCough and Frankie I think you both raise good points, I believe the team as a whole is responsible for the win/loss record but the QB can play a big part in it. 

I also believe that on occasion a QB can pull a win from out of nowhere, as Kaep has done despite being not a great QB and most good QBs can elevate the team at least on occasion. We need Carr to do this more.

It’s a toss up imo cause prime kap can do things that prime carr can’t do and vice versa. 

Crapernick was once a far better QB then Carr but his fall was big and fast and given his age and play style and time away from the game there’s plenty of reason to doubt he’d be successful now.

secondly, Crapernick would be coming back as a backup and teams prefer their backups Be similar to their starters so if the starter gets hurt the transfer to the backup is as seemless and possible.  That limits the teams that would be interested in him.

lastly, he loves the idea of martyrdom and the idea of being a victim not to mention he’s making way more now (which will last longer than a brief return to football would) with his sponsorships.

11 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Does anyone else here think that Carr trying to bulk up has caused him some problems.  

I think his lack of improvisation and him overthinking things are causing him problems. 

if he could just extend a play/ drive or 2 it would do wonders for him imo. He’s his own worst enemy. And him leaving after a failed third down and having to think about it on the sidelines just kills his confidence. Imo the qb has to be the most confident player in the huddle.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

Crapernick was once a far better QB then Carr but his fall was big and fast and given his age and play style and time away from the game there’s plenty of reason to doubt he’d be successful now.

secondly, Crapernick would be coming back as a backup and teams prefer their backups Be similar to their starters so if the starter gets hurt the transfer to the backup is as seemless and possible.  That limits the teams that would be interested in him.

lastly, he loves the idea of martyrdom and the idea of being a victim not to mention he’s making way more now (which will last longer than a brief return to football would) with his sponsorships.

This I do not agree with.  Kap never had to do much early on in his career because he played under the cover of an elite D that only allowed 17 pts a game which ranked 2nd in the NFL in 2012.  He also had a top shelf Oline and running game to mask his deficiencies.  It was the perfect storm to give the appearance that he was better than he actually was.  We all now realize that was only a mirage....

Once the 9ers D got dismantled, they lost Gore and Crabs and started to shoulder more of a load on Kap he failed miserably. 

Now I am not comparing Jimmy G to Kap bc I think Jimmy G is a much better QB than Kap but Jimmy G rode the wave of an elite D, Oline and running game all the way to the Super Bowl.  What happened the minute the 9ers lost the lead and the pressure was on Jimmy G to lead them down the field with his arm?  We all know what happened LOL

Kyle Shanahan also showed in the Super Bowl what I had expected all season long and that was that he did not trust Jimmy G to lead that team to victory.  

Edited by Frankie2Gunz
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

This I do not agree with.  Kap never had to do much early on in his career because he played under the cover of an elite D that only allowed 17 pts a game which ranked 2nd in the NFL in 2012.  He also had a top shelf Oline and running game to mask his defines.  It was the perfect storm to give the appearance that he was better than he actually was.  We all now realize that was only a mirage....

Once the 9ers D got dismantled, they lost Gore and Crabs and started to shoulder more of a load on Kap he failed miserably. 

Now I am not comparing Jimmy G to Kap bc I think Jimmy G is a much better QB than Kap but Jimmy G rode the wave of an elite D, Oline and running game all the way to the Super Bowl.  What happened the minute the 9ers lost the lead and the pressure was on Jimmy G to lead them down the field with his arm?  We all know what happened LOL

Kyle Shanahan also showed in the Super Bowl what I had expected all season long and that was that he did not trust Jimmy G to lead that team to victory.  

Maybe Far better was a poor word choice... more accomplished.  I actually agree with you.... I was just basically giving into the point that Kapernick was once good, it’s an argument I didn’t want to take on.  But yeah I agree with you actually.

Edited by jimkelly02

6 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

Let's stick to football. Otherwise, some good banter in here. Continue to keep it clean everyone.