The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

4 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

Obviously he wants to play with his friend from college, if that hurts other peoples feelings I dont know what to tell you. 
People call Carr soft . .. . 
If Crosby is upset about Carr wanting to play with Adams, I dont think anyone can call Carr the softest player on the team LOL

It’s about principles and taking care of your home grown drafted talent first.

Not being able to retain our true top talent has killed us. Stuff like this sets precedents and will have ripple effects similar to Khalil Mack.

Or you probably think Mack is soft too. Maxx won’t cry about it lol he’ll just leave and get $ somewhere else just like Khalil did. 

17 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

All indications so far is like a 3-4M discount which is nothing when it comes to 40M. If he takes 36 instead of 40 thinking we are gonna get Adams, he’s a moron. 

If that was the case I would trade him to a team in California and let him lose that $4 of the top just paying state taxes.

3 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

It’s about principles and taking care of your home grown drafted talent first.

Not being able to retain our true top talent has killed us. Stuff like this sets precedents and will have ripple effects similar to Khalil Mack.

Or you probably think Mack is soft too. Maxx won’t cry about it lol he’ll just leave and get $ somewhere else just like Khalil did. 

“All along the way I was like ‘how do we keep my teammates?’” Carr said of his contract negotiations. “That’s what I kept telling [my agent]. I was like . . . ‘Is this good for Gabe [Jackson]? Is this good for Khalil [Mack]? Is this good for Amari [Cooper]? . . these are things that I said to him numerous amounts of times. I didn’t want to hurt our team.”
https://www.silverandblackpride.com/2017/6/23/15864748/derek-carr-told-his-agent-to-structure-his-deal-so-raiders-could-re-sign-other-top-players

Carr was told they would still have room for Mack. I honestly think Gruden wanted AB more. Not sure you can put that on Carr.

Again, I am just going off what he has said. He said he wanted to keep Cooper Gabe and Mack together, exactly the point you are saying right now. 

Unfortunately Carr is the QB, not the GM.
It is not up too him. 

You blaming him for Mack, again I think is your opinion of him as a QB tainting your view on him overall

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BackinBlack said:

“All along the way I was like ‘how do we keep my teammates?’” Carr said of his contract negotiations. “That’s what I kept telling [my agent]. I was like . . . ‘Is this good for Gabe [Jackson]? Is this good for Khalil [Mack]? Is this good for Amari [Cooper]? . . these are things that I said to him numerous amounts of times. I didn’t want to hurt our team.”
https://www.silverandblackpride.com/2017/6/23/15864748/derek-carr-told-his-agent-to-structure-his-deal-so-raiders-could-re-sign-other-top-players

Carr was told they would still have room for Mack. I honestly think Gruden wanted AB more. Not sure you can put that on Carr.

Again, I am just going off what he has said. He said he wanted to keep Cooper Gabe and Mack together, exactly the point you are saying right now. 

Unfortunately Carr is the QB, not the GM.
It is not up too him. 

You blaming him for Mack, again I think is your opinion of him as a QB tainting your view on him overall

Again It’s a free country if you think Carr’s contract had no effect on us not being able to sign Mack aye more power to you.

4 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Again It’s a free country if you think Carr’s contract had no effect on us not being able to sign Mack aye more power to you.

lol yeap your right  we could afford AB Joyner and Brown but couldnt afford Mack. 
It had nothing to do with wanting more first round picks. 

It was 100% Carrs fault. 
It was lso Carrs fault we drafted ruggs, and Carr shouldve been there to pick ruggs up that niht too. He is the leader after all

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

lol yeap your right  we could afford AB Joyner and Brown but couldnt afford Mack. 
It had nothing to do with wanting more first round picks. 

It was 100% Carrs fault. 
It was lso Carrs fault we drafted ruggs, and Carr shouldve been there to pick ruggs up that niht too. He is the leader after all

Think about it which of our drafted players did we give a 2nd contract to. Iirc

-carr

-gabe

-kolt

am i missing anyone 

woodson?

Edited by NCOUGHMAN

9 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Think about it which of our drafted players did we give a 2nd contract to. Iirc

-carr

-gabe

-kolt

am i missing anyone 

woodson?

LOL not to sure what you are trying to say here? Its Carrs fault we cant extend anyone? 
Honestly, the fact KC paid Frank Clark a 5 year 100 mil contract 
And Mahommes a 10 year 450 mil contract

Shows you can pay both a QB and Rusher top tier money. 
Literally destroys your argument. 

They are paying Mahommes double what Carr made, and still could afford Clark. 

Our crappy roster management is not on Carr, but I know you believe it is all his fault. 
So lets call just call it here, no point talking about this more with you at this point. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

2012: Flacco, Rookie Contract.

2013: Wilson, Rookie Contract. 

2014: Tom Brady, Discount. 

2015: Peyton Manning, Restructured his contract to take a 25% discount specifically for this season. 

2016: Tom Brady, Discount. 

2017: Carson Wentz, Rookie Contract. Foles, Backup Money. 

2018: Tom Brady, Discount. 

2019: Patrick Mahomes, Rookie Contract. 

2020: Tom Brady, Discount. 

2021: Matt Stafford breaks the norm, but Rams went completely “All In” like a Baseball team. After next season, their window will be closed for a long time.  

I don’t everrrr wanna hear the salary cap doesn’t matter when it comes to QB’s. 

Right. Nobody seems to notice this. Paying a QB a top tier contract who can’t carry your team is a disaster waiting to happen in this era

We are literally replaying 2016 over again 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

LOL not to sure what you are trying to say here? Its Carrs fault we cant extend anyone? 
Honestly, the fact KC paid Frank Clark a 5 year 100 mil contract 
And Mahommes a 10 year 450 mil contract

Shows you can pay both a QB and Rusher top tier money. 
Literally destroys your argument. 

They are paying Mahommes double what Carr made, and still could afford Clark. 

Our crappy roster management is not on Carr, but I know you believe it is all his fault. 
So lets call just call it here, no point talking about this more with you at this point. 

Difference is Mahomes can win 3-4 games in a given season based on his talent alone. Same with Josh Allen

3 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

So why pay carr 40 mill if he’s not doing 40mill worth of work to get us wins.

While you have guys like maxx who are undeniably doing 30-40 mill worth of work to help us win. That’s a spit in the face to guys like maxx.

You could literally replace carr with Mac Jones and get the same production for a bargain 

can’t say the same about maxx 

Did you just say Maxx is "undeniably" worth 30-40 million a year?? Holy **** dude lol

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Did you just say Maxx is "undeniably" worth 30-40 million a year?? Holy **** dude lol

You do realize the Top Two Edge Rushers Watt and Bosa make 28 and 27M a year respectively right? The next EDGE player to get paid will get paid 29-30M per season. The next EDGE player to get paid is Crosby as he’s entering his final year. His payday will likely be 29 or 30. And Crosby is in the same class as Watt, Bosa, etc. He led the NFL in pressures, and was Top 5 last year if I remember correctly. 

Saying Carr deserves 40M is way more absurd than saying Crosby deserves 30M. Carr is no where close to the level of Mahomes and Allen. While Crosby is right there with the Top EDGE Rushers. 

Edited by BayRaider

Clowns on here have been wanting to move on from Carr for years for a 2nd round pick.  Just like I have said for years those fans are about as clueless as they come and have no idea what value is.  Not a clue!

JM, one of the bright young minds in the NFL not only signs on here to coach with Carr as his QB but he and Ziegler immediately extend Carr to an extension for around 40 million per season.  

I blows my mind that some fans on here are so out out of touch with reality, that is unless they think they're right and both JM and Ziegler are completely incompetent.  

21 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

You do realize the Top Two Edge Rushers Watt and Bosa make 28 and 27M a year respectively right? The next EDGE player to get paid will get paid 29-30M per season. The next EDGE player to get paid is Crosby as he’s entering his final year. His payday will likely be 29 or 30. And Crosby is in the same class as Watt, Bosa, etc. He led the NFL in pressures, and was Top 5 last year if I remember correctly. 

Saying Carr deserves 40M is way more absurd than saying Crosby deserves 30M. Carr is no where close to the level of Mahomes and Allen. While Crosby is right there with the Top EDGE Rushers. 

So you’re still saying Tua is elite, Carr is worth a 2nd rounder on the open market and JM, Ziegler have no clue what they’re doing? Hahaha unbelievable.