The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

23 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

dont let our terrible drafting fool you into thinking we let Mack walk. 
Easy to do it seems, but we traded Mack and if our drafting had been better it wouldnt hurt as bad. 
If we took say DK and Justin Jefferson at the spots we got with Mack.

We would be loaded at WR, with those 2 Renfrow and Waller, wed have a passing attack better then the Bengals IMO.

Exactly, the Raiders take any DE not named Ferrel at 4 the team looks much better.

• Like 1

On 2/17/2022 at 6:04 AM, bucksavage1 said:

Incorrect. 

Mack’s contract demands got too high for what we were willing to pay him. Which would of made him the highest paid defender in the NFL. A year after making Carr the highest paid QB, we wouldn’t have been able to field a balanced team. Especially in the middle of a relocation.  According to Grudens vision. If Reggie Mac was still running show, he had a plan for Mack’s contract with the team. Gruden comes in and Reggies plan gets changed 

Gruden, from 2019: "If we came up with the money to make the (Khalil Mack) contract happen, we wouldn’t have Trent Brown, we wouldn't have Antonio Brown, Lamarcus Joyner, and Vontaze Burfict, we wouldn’t have Tyrell Williams" ...  - Vic Tafur 

That's really cute that you think that. Sorry but other teams around the league do it all the time. You are wrong.

On 2/17/2022 at 4:04 AM, bucksavage1 said:

Incorrect. 

Mack’s contract demands got too high for what we were willing to pay him. Which would of made him the highest paid defender in the NFL. A year after making Carr the highest paid QB, we wouldn’t have been able to field a balanced team. Especially in the middle of a relocation.  According to Grudens vision. If Reggie Mac was still running show, he had a plan for Mack’s contract with the team. Gruden comes in and Reggies plan gets changed 

Gruden, from 2019: "If we came up with the money to make the (Khalil Mack) contract happen, we wouldn’t have Trent Brown, we wouldn't have Antonio Brown, Lamarcus Joyner, and Vontaze Burfict, we wouldn’t have Tyrell Williams" ...  - Vic Tafur 

Those five guys cost around $57 million a year on the contracts we gave them.  The only person that played well was Burfict.  The more I see about Gruden the more I realize what an idiot he is.  Gruden wasted well over a $100 million in cap space and the value of close to 3 whole drafts while he was here.  The man really knew nothing about talent evaluation.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Those five guys cost around $57 million a year on the contracts we gave them.  The only person that played well was Burfict.  The more I see about Gruden the more I realize what an idiot he is.  Gruden wasted well over a $100 million in cap space and the value of close to 3 whole drafts while he was here.  The man really knew nothing about talent evaluation.

100%

23 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

If only people had been saying this on the forum lol. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dante9876 said:

We already did that. Than this forum cried for 4 years about having no pass rush and defense for carr. No way should we repeat the same experiment again. Maxx has gotten better ever year. This is coming from a person who argued early in the year with @MrOaktown_56that crosby was overrated. He improved his run defense and generate great pass rush with no scheme to help or a great secondary to help. Bosa a beast but he has been surrounded by talent and schemes to help. Maxx dont have to get paid the most. But he should get market value that isn't far off. 

Qb is more important, doesn't mean its the only position that should get money. It's qb than pass rushers. And letting homegrown pass rushers walk again would be ridiculous. 

I’m leading the Crosby fan club. He is an animal now. He should be untouchable and we should give him a 4-6 year extension.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chali21 said:

The Niners have significantly more talent on both sides of the roster. There is no way that the Raiders could keep Rodgers to one TD in Lambeau.

They’re probably going to lose their best player in the secondary, they have a Frankenstein’s monster of a LB corps, and they have holes on the DLine. We keep saying that if the Raiders upgrade the secondary Maxx will look better but with in my opinion it’ll take a season or two to get to that position. 

On reason sf beat gb is due to weather. After gb big rb got hurt it was game over imo. That snow made it a ugly defensive game and sf only got points due to st scoring at the end. In a dome gb wins imo.

agree with the rest tho

Edited by NCOUGHMAN

33 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

If only people had been saying this on the forum lol. 

I wanted him and Guenther gone as soon as I heard he did not even attempt to talk to Pagano.  Then I really wanted him gone as soon as I say him and Cable trying to be the smartest guys in the room with the o-line.  Then when it did not work they showed zero ability or willingness to adjust the o-line.  Set Carr back a couple years just from getting hits so many times in 2018.  I am not a Carr fan but what they did in 2018 was completely irresponsible and I felt bad for Carr.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, dante9876 said:

We already did that. Than this forum cried for 4 years about having no pass rush and defense for carr. No way should we repeat the same experiment again. Maxx has gotten better ever year. This is coming from a person who argued early in the year with @MrOaktown_56that crosby was overrated. He improved his run defense and generate great pass rush with no scheme to help or a great secondary to help. Bosa a beast but he has been surrounded by talent and schemes to help. Maxx dont have to get paid the most. But he should get market value that isn't far off. 

Qb is more important, doesn't mean its the only position that should get money. It's qb than pass rushers. And letting homegrown pass rushers walk again would be ridiculous. 

I remember some of those arguments.  I was questioning if Crosby even knew what it meant to set the edge.  I thought it could be Guenther's scheme but could not imagine a DC was so bad that he would send his end crashing down the line every play.  It sucked watching RBs and QBs get outside without any effort all the time and nobody ever adjusted.  Looks like it was Guenther.

2 hours ago, Chali21 said:

The Niners have significantly more talent on both sides of the roster. There is no way that the Raiders could keep Rodgers to one TD in Lambeau.

They’re probably going to lose their best player in the secondary, they have a Frankenstein’s monster of a LB corps, and they have holes on the DLine. We keep saying that if the Raiders upgrade the secondary Maxx will look better but with in my opinion it’ll take a season or two to get to that position. 

49ers have holes on the DL…? I don’t think so. Second half of the season and the playoffs they had the best DL in football absolutely obliterating OL’s. 

If Trey Lance progresses, they are a Top 2-3 Super Bowl contender this season. 

3 hours ago, FloydFan said:

That's really cute that you think that. Sorry but other teams around the league do it all the time. You are wrong.

So according to you …a quote from the guy who made the decision to trade Mack is incorrect.

However, your “kiss the ring” scenario based on innuendo and rumors is fact. Right….

3 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

Hindsight is 20/20. We can look back at the disaster that trade was but at the time, I could understand why  Gruden would think that. Substitute the players, what GM wouldn’t think about that trade?

Gruden at the time felt like a we were getting a

Top 5 RT

Top 1-3 NFL WR

solid #2 WR

starting CB

starting LB

Two 1st round picks

additional draft capital 

For defensive POY Khalil Mack

14 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

So according to you …a quote from the guy who made the decision to trade Mack is incorrect.

However, your “kiss the ring” scenario based on innuendo and rumors is fact. Right….

Jon Gruden is a proven liar and taking him for his word says everything I need to know. Godspeed sir. 

Just now, FloydFan said:

Jon Gruden is a proven liar and taking him for his word says everything I need to know. Godspeed sir. 

You have no evidence from this kiss the ring narrative. No quotes, nothing. So Unless you produce anything other than innuendo, it is nonsense 

The truth is that Mack out priced himself for what Mark Davis was willing to pay him. 

8 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

You have no evidence from this kiss the ring narrative. No quotes, nothing. So Unless you produce anything other than innuendo, it is nonsense 

The truth is that Mack out priced himself for what Mark Davis was willing to pay him. 

Whatever fairytale you want to believe man.  You can just look at testimonials from several of his ex-players but ok cool. Enjoy that dream world.