The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

12 minutes ago, FloydFan said:

Lol at replacing Carr with Jimmy. Are you trying to suck?

Not saying I agree with replacing Carr with Jimmy G but back in the day there was a Jimmy G group and a Carr group.  Use to have a lot of arguments about it on here.  I do not even remember what side I was on if I even had a side.

39 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

There’s an argument to be made, but as of right now the NFL counts W/L as a QB stat . Jimmy G is a winner

The NFL gives W/L to many people, not just QBs. 

Edit: I'll edit this and admit it's really only QBs and coaches. Both are incorrect usages of the stat FWIW

Edited by BobbyPhil1781
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Not saying I agree with replacing Carr with Jimmy G but back in the day there was a Jimmy G group and a Carr group.  Use to have a lot of arguments about it on here.  I do not even remember what side I was on if I even had a side.

If there was a new group, I'd be way more pro Mariota. Would be a lot cheaper and has a lot more mobility/upside and durability than Jimmy. It's actually not even close.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Oh I remember those days lol

1 hour ago, bucksavage1 said:

He wins

Niners win two SB’s with any Top 10-12 QB. DL dominated both playoff runs. 

He missed so many open passes in that Super Bowl it’s crazy. 

Also some site put a stat together, forget what site, maybe PFF, he had the most dropped INT’s for any QB in history in one postseason for 2021.

Edited by BayRaider

2 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

If there was a new group, I'd be way more pro Mariota. Would be a lot cheaper and has a lot more mobility/upside and durability than Jimmy. It's actually not even close.

If we got a good package for Carr I would be fine rolling with Mariota.  I can not remember who but someone posted a good video on Mariota and what happened to him in Tenn with the injuries and how it looks like he is back to form.  His broken ankle and an elbow injury that caused him to miss easy throws.  This is also why I wanted to see MM play more the past two years.  Imagine if he came in and there was no drop off in production.  We would be able to trade one of them for a substantial amount and McDaniels could keep whoever fit his plan more.  We have to remember also that MM is 3 years younger than Carr.  I hope we can retain him because I do believe he is a much better player than he is getting credit for but I doubt he takes a low deal if Carr gets a big extension.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, drfrey13 said:

If we got a good package for Carr I would be fine rolling with Mariota.  I can not remember who but someone posted a good video on Mariota and what happened to him in Tenn with the injuries and how it looks like he is back to form.  His broken ankle and an elbow injury that caused him to miss easy throws.  This is also why I wanted to see MM play more the past two years.  Imagine if he came in and there was no drop off in production.  We would be able to trade one of them for a substantial amount and McDaniels could keep whoever fit his plan more.  We have to remember also that MM is 3 years younger than Carr.  I hope we can retain him because I do believe he is a much better player than he is getting credit for but I doubt he takes a low deal if Carr gets a big extension.

Mariota is a total bum.  You must be kidding me. 

Do you think JM and Ziegler would do something so foolish as to move on from Carr, roll with MM for a year where they would most likely win 6 games then saddle their careers to an unknown at QB?  Can you even comprehend the pressure that would be on them to nail the QB position via draft?  If they fail and draft a bum they will both be fired, that is guaranteed.   

They both signed here to go to battle with Carr as their QB.  It pretty absurd to think that either of the would contemplate something so foolish.  

12 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Do you think JM and Ziegler would do something so foolish as to move on from Carr, roll with MM for a year where they would most likely win 6 games then saddle their careers to an unknown at QB?  Can you even comprehend the pressure that would be on them to nail the QB position via draft?  If they fail and draft a bum they will both be fired, that is guaranteed.   

They both signed here to go to battle with Carr as their QB.  It pretty absurd to think that either of the would contemplate something so foolish.  

It happens all the time that a new staff and FO comes in and gets a new QB.  I said if we got a good package for Carr also.  I am not saying to just move on from Carr.  Imagine we get a package similar to Mack's but for Carr before the 2018 draft with the Bills who needed a QB.  We walk from the 2018 draft with Allen and Miller.  Where are we now?  It is also possible that Gruden says lets get this kid Rosen.  He looks like he fits my system.  It can go both ways.  This is going to be the 5th year where we are saying we just need to build a team around Carr.  Eventually you have to try something different.

I do not think MM is better than Carr but I do not think he is close to a bum either.  Wish I had the video breakdown of what went on with him.

Edited by drfrey13

27 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

He’d be way better than Jimmy is what we’re saying.

12 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

It happens all the time that a new staff and FO comes in and gets a new QB.  I said if we got a good package for Carr also.  I am not saying to just move on from Carr.  Imagine we get a package similar to Mack's but for Carr before the 2018 draft with the Bills who needed a QB.  We walk from the 2018 draft with Allen and Miller.  Where are we now?  It is also possible that Gruden says lets get this kid Rosen.  He looks like he fits my system.  It can go both ways.  This is going to be the 5th year where we are saying we just need to build a team around Carr.  Eventually you have to try something different.

I do not think MM is better than Carr but I do not think he is close to a bum either.  Wish I had the video breakdown of what went on with him.

Happens all the time?  Explain to me when in incoming HC/GM combo has moved on from a Qb the caliber of Carr.  

Or we walk away from the 2018 draft with Mayfiled, Darnold or Rosen.  If a HC/GM moves on from Carr and drafts a bum like those guys they are fired. 

MM is a bum.  Explain to me what he does that is above average?  

4 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

He’d be way better than Jimmy is what we’re saying.

Both Jimmy G and MM are below average QB's although Jimmy G is a better QB than MM.  MM is a clipboard holder with decent mobility, nothing more.  

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

1 minute ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Happens all the time?  Explain to me when in incoming HC/GM combo has moved on from a Qb the caliber of Carr.  

Or we walk away from the 2018 draft with Mayfiled, Darnold or Rosen.  If a HC/GM moves on from Carr and drafts a bum like those guys they are fired. 

MM is a bum.  Explain to me what he does that is above average?  

Did I not say it can go either way.  I love it when people say the caliber of Carr like he is an amazing QB.  How about you tell me what you think other QBs that are the same caliber as Carr.  In my book he has phenomenal talent but the mental side of it holds him back.  Great talent but average production.  You can not blame the players around him because he produces the same whether he has trash or good players.  He is luke warm water.  Has a team ever moved on from Alex Smith because that is the caliber QB Carr is to me.  He can be better but he has not yet.  This is going to be year 9 so I am not holding my breathe.  Once again he might prove me wrong.

8 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Both Jimmy G and MM are below average QB's although Jimmy G is a better QB than MM.  MM is a clipboard holder with decent mobility, nothing more.  

MM only has decent mobility?  That is like me saying Allen has decent arm strength.  MM is not LJ but he is far better than decent.  MM is finally healthy but the team has refused to give him PT even when the season was over in 2020.  You have no clue what he can do beyond the Chargers game and the few plays he gets throughout the year.  For coming off the bench he has looked better than decent overall.  There is no evidence that he would be a good QB or a bum now that he is healthy.  I do believe he would be closer to if not better than his 2016 form.