The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

22 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

I give Carr credit for being the emotional leader of the team and doing a great job of keeping that team together for all the madness they endured last year. But my point was that his play wasn't the main rdriving force for our playoff run. He in my opinion has never elevated his play when needed the most. 

But anyways I'm excited for this next season and I hope to see the best Carr yet in year 9. 

I can’t say I totally agree but I respect the viewpoint and am excited as well. Hoping year 9 makes all of us stop arguing about Carr one way or another quite frankly lol. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BackinBlack said:

The biggest problem is you put losses on QBs alone, and wins on the team. 
Losses when our D gives up a Td with 30 seconds left, still go on the QB to you some how. 

Cant have it both ways my dude. 
Its either all on the qb, or its not. 
I dont think it should be. 

That’s the culture w/l is a qb stat and they get the blame and the glory. It is what it is.

dilfer is a sb winning qb who gets his spoils but every football buff knows it was the defense. He’s still a super bowl winning qb tho. 

carr got credit for the w’s if he was a main contributor or not it is what it is. It’s the culture. 

50 years from now nobody will care how we get w’s just who was the qb and who was the coach and they will get the spoils. 

2 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

That’s the culture w/l is a qb stat and they get the blame and the glory. It is what it is.

dilfer is a sb winning qb who gets his spoils but every football buff knows it was the defense. He’s still a super bowl winning qb tho. 

carr got credit for the w’s if he was a main contributor or not it is what it is. It’s the culture. 

50 years from now nobody will care how we get w’s just who was the qb and who was the coach and they will get the spoils. 

I guess, but I value people who can form their own opinions, and not just spew the same garbage coming from media.

36 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

I give Carr credit for being the emotional leader of the team and doing a great job of keeping that team together for all the madness they endured last year. But my point was that his play wasn't the main rdriving force for our playoff run. He in my opinion has never elevated his play when needed the most. 

But anyways I'm excited for this next season and I hope to see the best Carr yet in year 9. 

I don’t get that never elevated when needed the most line. How many comeback wins or 4th quarter game winning drives has he led? 

what sucks is when he balls out this year all the credit will go to his weapons lol

2 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Defense definitely got some breaks last year facing lesser QBs, but the fact is we really couldn't score much over the last half of the season. Add in the fact that Carr was also tied for 2nd in league for total turnovers for a QB last year. Luck and the defense putting together a few solid weeks of good play was the main driving force in our playoff birth. 

Yeah that couldn’t score as much, but we all know the reasons for that. Call them excuses all you want, but take away weapon and production will dip. 

Crosby goes to jail and Jones get hurt and our sack numbers will decline. I won’t expect the other guys to elevate to their level. 

This is what you sound like to me. 

54 minutes ago, true2form said:

Yeah that couldn’t score as much, but we all know the reasons for that. Call them excuses all you want, but take away weapon and production will dip. 

Crosby goes to jail and Jones get hurt and our sack numbers will decline. I won’t expect the other guys to elevate to their level. 

This is what you sound like to me. 

Big difference between “dip” and “fall off a cliff”. We were a Bottom 5 Offense the second half of the year no question. Carr gets love for completing some clutch passes, but was horrible most of the second half of the season. As he has been three years in a row. You think any elite QB’s would have a Bottom 5 Offense regardless of cast? Lol. 

He’s not wrong. Our final four games we got wins with defense and luck. The luck being two of those teams had tons of people out due to covid. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, FloydFan said:

Well that sure isn’t the narrative most of the Carr critics on here used up until after he won 10 games this year.

That was not my stance.  I do not believe it is just a QB stat.  The QB is the most important player and if you have one that gets hot they can carry a team but you also have to look at the games.  Trent Dilfer won a SB but he does not deserve the credit.  Dan Marino never won a SB but he does not deserve the blame.  Last year the team came together and we had some good luck with our opponents.  Carr may have rallied the locker room but we do not know for sure.  His play did not carry the team however.  He did have moments when he showed up but it was not nearly as often as I would like.  

29 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

That was not my stance.  I do not believe it is just a QB stat.  The QB is the most important player and if you have one that gets hot they can carry a team but you also have to look at the games.  Trent Dilfer won a SB but he does not deserve the credit.  Dan Marino never won a SB but he does not deserve the blame.  Last year the team came together and we had some good luck with our opponents.  Carr may have rallied the locker room but we do not know for sure.  His play did not carry the team however.  He did have moments when he showed up but it was not nearly as often as I would like.  

According to what seems like every player interviewed out of that locker room Carr seems like he rallied or at very least played a hug leadership role in getting that team tot he wins they did. I don’t think it’s right to say he didn’t from every interview you basically see from someone in the locker room. I appreciate being skeptical, but I’m having a hard time seeing the evidence otherwise there. It seems like the contrary point to the actual testimonials of folks in the locker room are all what if after what if. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

I guess, but I value people who can form their own opinions, and not just spew the same garbage coming from media.

I agree and my opinion is the defense carried lol but culture doesn’t care about my opinion 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I agree and my opinion is the defense carried lol but culture doesn’t care about my opinion 

100% and id agree with you for the last couple weeks. They def did. 
But your opinion after 2020 season was that Carr didnt lead us to the playoffs. . . When we had a historical bad D. 

So that is why its tough. You cant flip like that. 
No doubt if we had last years D, we wouldve made the playoffs in 2020.

And then people would be talking about how Carr has led them to the playoffs back to back years, watch out for a sleeper MVP candidate LMAO.

But how our D plays, has nothing to do with how I judge or form my opinion of Carr. 

Edited by BackinBlack

Also to Add, teams like the broncos and Browns and even Indy. . . 9 Times out of 10, Id say your D will out perform your O on that day.
Because they have great D but bad O. 

So to expect to win 30-28 would be our O playing lights out, and our D playing terrible, considering the opposition talent.