The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Adams for his career has only averaged 12.1 ypc, lol. Rodgers has regularly choked in the playoffs throughout his career. 

Sorry but I was not going to get into a playoff comparison because Carr does not have much of anything to compare when it comes to the playoffs.  Quoting the yards per catch was to show how I could get stupid with using stats to prove a point.  Rodgers does not have a great post season record but it is not bad either.

12-10, 267 yards a game, 45 TDs,13 Ints, and 100.1 rating.

8 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

But we don't need his old production to be good. We just need RZ touchdowns and more 3rd down conversions.

That is when protection is likely to breakdown and improvising skills help.  Rodgers has more redzone TD passes (63) the past two years than Carr has TD passes.

19 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

That is when protection is likely to breakdown and improvising skills help.  Rodgers has more redzone TD passes (63) the past two years than Carr has TD passes.

In the redzone? I don't think so. 

Adams is the best WR in the NFL in the redzone. No one can tell me otherwise.

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

In the redzone? I don't think so. 

Adams is the best WR in the NFL in the redzone. No one can tell me otherwise.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2021/redzone-passing.htm

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2020/redzone-passing.htm

If I criticize Carr it is because his weapons suck.  If they players around him do good it is because Carr is helping them.  Then it is the complete opposite for a QB that is top 3 of our generation.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

If I criticize Carr it is because his weapons suck.  If they players around him do good it is because Carr is helping them.  Then it is the complete opposite for a QB that is top 3 of our generation.

Your agenda is actually so cringe. Davante adams is literally the best RZ WR of this generation. He has 20+ more touchdowns than Hopkins in the redzone. How is me saying that Adams will help Carr in the RZ making excuses? It's just pointing out that giving a good qb weapons will lead to better redzone production.

I'm just poking holes in the argument that Carr needs to become a Rodgers-level improviser to get huge production out of Adams, especially where we need it the most. 

Also, Lafleur coaches circles around what Gruden/Olson have done in the RZ for the past 3-4 years, but you'll come up with another excuse for why that's actually Carr's fault I'm sure.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Your agenda is actually so cringe. Davante adams is literally the best RZ WR of this generation. He has 20+ more touchdowns than Hopkins in the redzone. How is me saying that Adams will help Carr in the RZ making excuses? It's just pointing out that giving a good qb weapons will lead to better redzone production.

I'm just poking holes in the argument that Carr needs to become a Rodgers-level improviser to get huge production out of Adams, especially where we need it the most. 

Also, Lafleur coaches circles around what Gruden/Olson have done in the RZ for the past 3-4 years, but you'll come up with another excuse for why that's actually Carr's fault I'm sure.

I have said I think Adams will still have a really good season.  The double standard part was not directed at you specifically.  Just what I have been noticing lately.  Adams has 20 redzone TDs the past 2 years.  You can remove Adams completely and Rodgers still has 43 redzone TDs to Carrs 50 TDs overall and 32 in the redzone.  So once again my overall point is that Rodgers is a much better QB than Carr and you can expect Adams production to decrease because Carr can not do what Rodgers does especially in the redzone.  I have also said that if Carr can correct these issues it will make up the difference.  Once again Carr has the ability but has not done it yet in his career.  So Adams and Rodgers helped each other, Adams will help Carr, but Carr will hurt Adams.  This is from a redzone TD perspective based upon past production so it could all be completely wrong next year.  No agenda but just looking at past production.  My only agenda is to discuss this team and enjoy myself.  Have a good day sir.

Edited by drfrey13
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

Just like when the team doesn’t have a winning record, it is the team stat

Now Carr leads us to the playoffs 🤔

10 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

Just like when the team doesn’t have a winning record, it is the team stat

Now Carr leads us to the playoffs 🤔

Let me break this down real simple:

"Just like when the team doesn’t have a winning record, it is the team stat"

First line, I highlighted two words you wrote, Team. The Team doesnt have a winning record, you wrote it twice.

"Now Carr leads us to the playoffs 🤔"

Second line, assuming Us means the Raiders. . . Carr didnt make the playoffs, the Raiders did. . . again Team stat lol

Who is the 'Us" you are referring too, because if its the Raiders, you are referring to a team, not a single person.

How is this so complicated for some LMAO

• Like 1

15 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

I have said I think Adams will still have a really good season.  The double standard part was not directed at you specifically.  Just what I have been noticing lately.  Adams has 20 redzone TDs the past 2 years.  You can remove Adams completely and Rodgers still has 43 redzone TDs to Carrs 50 TDs overall and 32 in the redzone.  So once again my overall point is that Rodgers is a much better QB than Carr and you can expect Adams production to decrease because Carr can not do what Rodgers does especially in the redzone.  I have also said that if Carr can correct these issues it will make up the difference.  Once again Carr has the ability but has not done it yet in his career.  So Adams and Rodgers helped each other, Adams will help Carr, but Carr will hurt Adams.  This is from a redzone TD perspective based upon past production so it could all be completely wrong next year.  No agenda but just looking at past production.  My only agenda is to discuss this team and enjoy myself.  Have a good day sir.

I'd also add that Adams and Rodgers played together roughly 4x as long as Carr and Adams did. 

I think some folks are overplaying the "familiarity" aspect of Carr and Adams on game day. They spent 2 years together in college, almost a decade ago. Not saying they're complete strangers, just that I hear a lot about their "historical connection" that gets waaaaay overplayed, imo.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

First line, I highlighted two words you wrote, Team. The Team doesnt have a winning record, you wrote it twice.

Second line, assuming Us means the Raiders. . . Carr didnt make the playoffs, the Raiders did. . . again Team stat lol

Who is the 'Us" you are referring too, because if its the Raiders, you are referring to a team, not a single person.

Doesn’t fit the narrative. Some people will never be happy. 

3 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

Lol what?

Whenever I brought up Carr’s 2nd worst starting record in NFL history, I was met with “wins and losses” are a team stat.

Now that we made the playoffs, all people is say Carr led us to the winning season and to the playoffs. Which is it? Keep the same energy 

3 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Lol what?

Whenever I brought up Carr’s 2nd worst starting record in NFL history, I was met with “wins and losses” are a team stat.

Now that we made the playoffs, all people is say Carr led us to the winning season and to the playoffs. Which is it? Keep the same energy 

Here you go again. If you paid attention, you’d see that there are very few people implying that he carried us to the playoffs. Just that he did what he needed to do to HELP us win games. But keep going.