The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

5 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

lol, "my boy".... seems Davis is all in on him, so I guess progress in 2023, breakout in 2024. Or flameout, whatever happens first. 

i dont think Davis has a choice other than to roll with McD for at least another season. im holding out hope we finish decent enough, fix the OL add a couple pieces to the defense. do you think McD can afford to bring in a rookie QB, struggle in 2023 and still make it to '24 after giving Carr an extension in '22?

Im torn, i like DC and really liked the thought of DC and a supposed great play caller like Josh, especially with the weapons we came into the season with. I think Josh's best bet to get a 3rd season is with a vet QB with another offseason to adjust to his playbook. But then again, id really like to start over with a top QB prospect on a rookie deal and build around that. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Geezy said:

i dont think Davis has a choice other than to roll with McD for at least another season. im holding out hope we finish decent enough, fix the OL add a couple pieces to the defense. do you think McD can afford to bring in a rookie QB, struggle in 2023 and still make it to '24 after giving Carr an extension in '22?

Im torn, i like DC and really liked the thought of DC and a supposed great play caller like Josh, especially with the weapons we came into the season with. I think Josh's best bet to get a 3rd season is with a vet QB with another offseason to adjust to his playbook. But then again, id really like to start over with a top QB prospect on a rookie deal and build around that. 

Really depends on where they finish. If they have a chance at a young QB, they should take it.

I think this offense looks different with better protection upfront. That 3 game run with Jacobs rolling really showed a glimpse of what they can do. Unfortunately, it wasn't sustainable. They have to get better on the Oline.

• Like 3

Not gonna lie I feel bad for carr. I think they new staff is doing him dirty. Should’ve just traded him before the season. Imo they never liked carr but given jmd last hc debacle with the qb in den. He almost had to sign carr. Imo carr is more of a raider than any of the new coaches. I’m glad his stats are still looking good. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Not gonna lie I feel bad for carr. I think they new staff is doing him dirty. Should’ve just traded him before the season. Imo they never liked carr but given jmd last hc debacle with the qb in den. He almost had to sign carr. Imo carr is more of a raider than any of the new coaches. I’m glad his stats are still looking good. 

This happens to every team with holdovers from the previous regime. It’s how the league works. New regimes wanna win with their guys.

Gruden should of traded him a couple seasons ago

Edited by bucksavage1

9 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Naw... they were vocal about how much they liked Carr coming in. Extended his contract and Carr has been supportive of the staff.

If anything, I think it's the rest of the team buying into the staff and putting in the effort that Carr is tired of. 

I don’t feel bad for Carr. Don’t have anything bad to say about him as a person. Just ain’t working out business wise. Been 9 years. Evidence is there. He has the no trade clause and maybe he does retire instead of playing for another team. I do truly believe he gave this franchise everything he could give and for that I respect the hell out of him but it ain’t gonna have me sit here and say I feel sorry for him or want him around next year. We been in QB purgatory for years. Time to get out of it. Need someone new under center. Shake **** up. 

I do wonder what his trade value is. I think it peaked last year so don’t expect a first rounder for him but a second and another pick is not crazy to think on what they could get back. 

Edited by agarcia34
  • Like 6

35 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

I don’t feel bad for Carr. Don’t have anything bad to say about him as a person. Just ain’t working out business wise. Been 9 years. Evidence is there. He has the no trade clause and maybe he does retire instead of playing for another team. I do truly believe he gave this franchise everything he could give and for that I respect the hell out of him but it ain’t gonna have me sit here and say I feel sorry for him or want him around next year. We been in QB purgatory for years. Time to get out of it. Need someone new under center. Shake **** up. 

I do wonder what his trade value is. I think it peaked last year so don’t expect a first rounder for him but a second and another pick is not crazy to think on what they could get back. 

You can get a 1 I think. There are a number of teams who need a QB (Texans, Colts, Panthers, Lions, Saints, Giants).

A team who has a sound defense and feel they are a QB away could use him ala the Rams and Stafford. 

36 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

You can get a 1 I think. There are a number of teams who need a QB (Texans, Colts, Panthers, Lions, Saints, Giants).

A team who has a sound defense and feel they are a QB away could use him ala the Rams and Stafford. 

Add the Rams in the QB market. Rumors are Stafford is mulling retirement. Apparently his concussion is more serious than reported

It really depends how good of a negotiator Ziegs is.  Howie Roseman was able to get 1st for Wentz and what the rest of the league believes Carr is.

Is there admins in the NFL think they could get more out of Carr than the Raiders? Personally I think we get a 2nd at max for him. 

Edited by bucksavage1

40 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I just think it’s bad business to tell people like adams, carr etc that we’re going all in when in actuality they were faking. You waste players time. Why would anyone believe anything mark, jmd or zieg says. They made a hell of a first impression. 

I don't think that is what happened. I think they thought the roster was better than it actually was and it backfired. 

On 11/15/2022 at 11:25 AM, jpaulthe1st said:

Just need the weapons of 2022 plus the line of 2016 plus Musgrave as OC plus 80 degree sunny weather every game. Once that happens we will see the ascension of DC4. 

We'll have about $1.53 left to spend on the defense