> 2021 Draft Prospect Thread <

Kiltman

2 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Crazy how he was a widely projected first round pick, even like top 10. But then he moved outside and he crumbled. I imagine he could still be a nice nickel corner or a hybrid safety, no?

I would of thought so before but it's gonna take a good coach to bring back his confidence or something. His confidence is shattered or the tape caught up to him. I don't think it's the latter

10 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I listened to a TDN pod recently and a guy on there thinks Samuel Jr will play outside corner in the NFL despite his size. I think I like him the best of the second tier guys. Him and Horn. The two Georgia guys seem a little meh but I have to watch them more. Solak likes Stokes.

I'd be souped if we took one of the two WRs and stole Samuel Jr. I wouldn't care about the rest of the picks from a personal pick standpoint. They can take 4 QBs and I'll be happy lol not literally but yeah know

36 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I listened to a TDN pod recently and a guy on there thinks Samuel Jr will play outside corner in the NFL despite his size. I think I like him the best of the second tier guys. Him and Horn. The two Georgia guys seem a little meh but I have to watch them more. Solak likes Stokes.

Yeah, Samuel can probably play on the outside too. He definitely has good understanding/feel for the position which obviously isn't a surprise. I would prefer a corner with more size though. There will be some guys to consider. I just don't know how excited I am right now about it.

18 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

With some of the reports coming out regarding Micah Parsons and off field issues, Do yall feel like he may drop? and if so how far? 

Depends what the hazing was, was it a once time thing. By that report it made it seem the entire program was out to get that guy. Yet he only named one player formally, that wasn't Parsons.
He was an early enrolled Freshman when that would've happened...hard to say how teams will view it.

Also depends what you consider a drop.
He's likely not going top 6...but that's not really a shock.
Seems more likely he'll go 7-12 at this point.

12 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Depends what the hazing was, was it a once time thing. By that report it made it seem the entire program was out to get that guy. Yet he only named one player formally, that wasn't Parsons.
He was an early enrolled Freshman when that would've happened...hard to say how teams will view it.

Also depends what you consider a drop.
He's likely not going top 6...but that's not really a shock.
Seems more likely he'll go 7-12 at this point.

Parsons won't make it past Denvers pick, imo.

10 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Parsons won't make it past Denvers pick, imo.

Maybe, QB movement seems like it'll be stupid again nd could push him down.
Could see Fangio really wanting him. Have the Panthers right before them too, which could be held out from all the QBs.

4 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Maybe, QB movement seems like it'll be stupid again nd could push him down.
Could see Fangio really wanting him. Have the Panthers right before them too, which could be held out from all the QBs.

I don't see Denver getting the QB they want in the draft, so they probably make a run at Dak/Matt Ryan/Watson/Darnold/Jameis? And then use their 1st on getting a QB for the defense.

Edited by Jeezla

17 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Starting to grind some CB prospect tape. Who are some guys we could/should be targeting at 38? We need a starter opposite Slay.

At this point I flip flop between Asante Samuel jr and Tyson Campbell. Body type and potential vs production

On 1/23/2021 at 2:38 PM, ninjapirate said:

i dont know why we're getting our hopes up we all know howie is taking kwity paye at 6. 

He's probably the #1 edge in this class at least, but I would not like it. There's not much of a gap between the #1 DE and the #5 DE. And the DT class is even worse.

We need to target Ja'Marr or DeVonta, S (Ford/Cisco/Moehrig/Hufanga/Hamsah/Ar'Darius/Holland), and LB (McGrone/Browning/Moses/Werner/Suratt). If we come out of the draft with capable starters at those 3 positions, we're a noticeably better team. Then add guys along the OL/DL in the later rounds.

Get a QB, CB2, and more DL/OL in 2022. If we have cap room, sign a stud pass rusher in FA.

Edited by Jeezla

I wouldn't be surprised, or angry really, if they really just punt on defense a lot in the draft. An offensive minded coach and needing to figure out if either Wentz or Hurts is the long term play at QB. I wouldn't be surprised if they just said, well, let's make sure the offense has everything it needs to so that the QB has little to no excuse this year and then fix the defense later. 

• Kiltman changed the title to > 2021 Draft Prospect Thread <