2021 NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread

Kiltman

My realistic ideal draft

Trade #12 and #84 to DEN for #9
Trade #37 and #70 to NYJ for #23
Trade #123, #150, and #189 to HOU for #109
Trade Ertz for a mid 4

1#9 - DeVonta or Pitts WR
1#23 - Zaven or JOK LB (Farley if he somehow slid this far)
4#109 Elerson Smith DE
4 Kendrick Green or Robert Hainsy C/OG
6 Tay Gowan CB
6 Buddy Johnson LB
7 Brandin Echols CB
7 Bobby Brown DT

or (Trade down version)

1#12 to Ten for 1#22 + 2#53 + 2022 4th
2#37 + 2#53 to CHI for 1#20 + 2022 4th
Ertz + 3#70 to BUF for 2#61 + 2022 6th
4#123, 5#150, and 6#189 to HOU for 4#109

1#20 Zaven or JOK LB
1#22 Terrace Marshall or Bateman WR
2#61 Jevon Holland S
3#84 Kelvin Joseph CB
4#109 Elerson Smith DE
6 Tay Gowan CB
6 Ta-Quon Graham DT
7 Shi Smith WR
7 Tyler Coyle S

or (stay put version)

4#123, 5#150, and 6#189 to HOU for 4#109

1#12 Surtain CB or Horn CB
2#37 Holland S
3#70 McGrone LB
3#84 Tylan Wallace WR
4#109 Elerson Smith DE
6 Tay Gowan CB
6 Josh Palmer WR
7 Landon Young OT
7 Cole Van Lanen OG

Edited by Jeezla

6 hours ago, Jeezla said:

I like the idea of Terrace Marshall Jr as a slot WR a lot. He could be a faster Tyler Boyd.

I feel like that's wasting his deep ball/big play ability relegating him to the slot.

I really hope Devonta Smith falls down to you guys. I really see big things for him and I think his potential will be realized in Philly. I like Reagor also, a lot of ppl don’t think to highly of him but that boy can adjust to the deep ball really well and wins his battles off of routes and not Uber athleticism. Hope him and smith can be a dangerous tandem 

24 minutes ago, Scalamania said:
3 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Yea, it's ruined tyreek hills ability to make big plays. 

I know the point you're trying to make but this is a terrible way to try to make it. 

It would only be terrible if my point wasn't made, so it was a successful way of putting it. Saying a WR will make less big plays from the slot is silly. The reason Tyreek plays slot is so he can get more free releases and make more big plays than he would as an outside WR. And it's not like Terrace Marshall would have to stay in the slot, he would start outside in 2 WR sets, then move to slot in 3/4 Wr sets, ala Tyler Boyd and Calvin Ridley.

Edited by Jeezla

3 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

It would only be terrible if my point wasn't made, so it was a successful way of putting it. Saying a WR will make less big plays from the slot is silly. The reason Tyreek plays slot is so he can get more free releases and make more big plays than he would as an outside WR. And it's not like Terrace Marshall would have to stay in the slot, he would start outside in 2 WR sets, then move to slot in 3/4 Wr sets, ala Tyler Boyd and Calvin Ridley.

It was terrible - let's take the most extreme example possible and try to use to validate my thoughts/opinions. 

5 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

It was terrible - let's take the most extreme example possible and try to use to validate my thoughts/opinions. 

Terrace Marshall Jr would have more explosive plays from the slot than he would outside. Just like Tyreek. Just like Tyler Boyd. Just like Clavin Ridley.  Just like Chris Godwin. Just like Brandon Aiyuk. Just like Ju Ju. Just like Curtis Ssamuel. Just like Rondale and Elijah Moore. Is that better? Use everyone as an example? 
Also, I didn't try to use it. I did use it.

Edited by Jeezla

Just now, Jeezla said:

Terrace Marshall Jr would have more explosive plays from the slot than he would outside. Just like Tyreek. Just like Tyler Boyd. Just like Clavin Ridley.  Just like Chris Godwin. Just like Brandon Aiyuk. Just like Ju Ju. Just like Curtis Ssamuel. Just like Rondale and Elijah Moore. Is that better? Use everyone as an example?

You compared to two totally different WRs to one another - by your logic JJAW should have more explosive plays from the slot, strictly because he's in the slot - not account for his lack of ability and not taking into consideration Tyreke's ability. 

6 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

You compared to two totally different WRs to one another - by your logic JJAW should have more explosive plays from the slot, strictly because he's in the slot - not account for his lack of ability and not taking into consideration Tyreke's ability. 

So you think Tyreek would be just as good/same stats if he only lined up outside?
J Matt should have been a 900 yard outside WR? it was just bad QB play?

JJAW isn't an NFL caliber WR. I think any talented WR will put up better stats in the slot.

Doesn't matter what size/archetype the wr is or what their skills are. It's easier to get a release from the slot, period.

Edited by Jeezla

7 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

So you think Tyreek would be just as good/same stats if he only lined up outside?

I do - I think he's explosive from all over the field.

In 2018 he played less the 50% of his snaps in the slot and had his best year to date. 

I like Marshall and I think he'll do well all over the field but using Hill as the example was just terrible and I'll leave it there. 

J Matt should have been a 900 yard outside WR? it was just bad QB play?

J Matt had exactly 0 explosive plays throughout his career. 

Edited by Scalamania

8 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

I do - I think he's explosive from all over the field.

In 2018 he played less the 50% of his snaps in the slot and had his best year to date. 

I like Marshall and I think he'll do well all over the field but using Hill as the example was just terrible and I'll leave it there. 

But most of his big plays were coming from the slot. 

You are way too fixated on height. Doesn't matter what size or skills the WR has, slot wr's get free releases 80% of the time, and free releases mean more big plays/getting open in general. Pretty simple. Do you want Tyreek/Terrace Marshall/Tyler Boyd/Ju Ju covered by Darius Slay outside? Or do you want him in slot against Avonte Maddox? Which is more likely to result in a big play?

Edited by Jeezla