Dark Souls Mafia - GAME OVER - BOSSES WIN!!

Whicker

1 minute ago, swoosh said:

hell even in the last game, I'm pretty sure in a tie vote with 1 town/1 scum, bcb (scum) was one of the deciding votes to vote off scum. in a low activity game where that wasn't much to go off of, it was one of the reasons why i had a town read on bcb. you could say that led to their win.

so yeah, 100% town just because of that? not a chance. 

Yep. I had the same thinking that game. It happens and happens more often than people think. Hell Matts didnt catch Forge....Forge gave up. Probably staged to make Matts look good 

• Like 2

Just now, The Orca said:

I've won a game by basically doing this. Not neccesarily lead the lynch but I was the hammer (deciding vote on D1) when it was between Pickle (town) and mafia (mission). I was cleared the rest of the game and Fin (the other mafia) just tried to lynch me the whole game and we breezed to victory 

Congrats on playing with the worst Mafia players alive. It's not even the same situation. Hammering someone is not the same as leading a lynch on them.

Just now, swoosh said:

didn't i already answer both of these? you would do so (in your world where that 100% clears someone) because it would be a guaranteed win. 

good thing what you're saying isn't the actual truth and it's why there's no handbook to this game. if something was 100%, why would we play? 

i get what you're saying and you think they're town for that reason (and you're probably right), but you need to learn about probabilities and the definition of "literally".

It's not a guaranteed win unless the rest of the game is lolstupid. Mafia is already at a numbers disadvantage in every game; that's why their win condition is almost always "outnumber all other factions." Willingly lynching one of your own, especially this late in the game with a plethora of investigative roles still alive, is taking a handicap for no good reason. You might have "cleared" yourself, but it's at the expense of a teammate and all it takes is a single slip-up (like, say, a Watcher seeing you kill somebody) to get caught anyways.

It's true. No Mafia is going to out members of their own faction for no reason like Rick, bcb, or Swag did earlier in the game. No Mafia is going to straight-up out Forge and double-clear Orca like I did last Day phase. Arguing otherwise is stubbornly clinging to semantics, at best.

I literally teach English, don't ******* try to lecture me on definitions.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blue said:

Congrats on playing with the worst Mafia players alive. It's not even the same situation. Hammering someone is not the same as leading a lynch on them.

It's not a guaranteed win unless the rest of the game is lolstupid. Mafia is already at a numbers disadvantage in every game; that's why their win condition is almost always "outnumber all other factions." Willingly lynching one of your own, especially this late in the game with a plethora of investigative roles still alive, is taking a handicap for no good reason. You might have "cleared" yourself, but it's at the expense of a teammate and all it takes is a single slip-up (like, say, a Watcher seeing you kill somebody) to get caught anyways.

It's true. No Mafia is going to out members of their own faction for no reason like Rick, bcb, or Swag did earlier in the game. No Mafia is going to straight-up out Forge and double-clear Orca like I did last Day phase. Arguing otherwise is stubbornly clinging to semantics, at best.

You really dont know how people play now do you

Counselor named every member of the scum team and pushed to lynch them on like D1 one game. Once people figured it out the game was over though. Whicker did it once as well I believe. It happens...and more than you think 

3 minutes ago, Blue said:

I'm at a complete lost as to what you don't understand. You're saying there is 0% chance (it's impossible) that scum can lead lynches of other scum. Both Orca and I both provided examples from prior games of scum leading lynches of scum. That alone proves it's not a 0% chance. 

I'm just glad you're not teaching probabilities to kids. 

34 minutes ago, Blue said:

Dome - Claimed a RB on Matts N1? but I don't remember him doing much this game. This can probably be easily proved with a list of targets.

This is all wrong 

n1 I roleblocked malf the vig

n2 I tried to rb forge but matts hailed him so I failed 

I was only 2 shot 

I also named forge as scum on n1 and voted for rackcs when TK was a runaway and easy pile on

so, yeah. Pretty obvi town 

Just now, The Orca said:

Counselor named every member of the scum team and pushed to lynch them on like D1 one game. Once people figured it out the game was over though. Whicker did it once as well I believe. It happens...and more than you think 

Whicker straight up named every member of his scum team in the last game I moderated on here. It's not the same thing as leading a lynch on them with evidence to back it up.

Like, I've run a game where a Mafia member literally put in a kill on their own teammate in an attempt to set up a Vigilante fakeclaim. That **** doesn't work unless the Town are too stupid to remember to breath.

If you really want to test your theory, try leading a successful lynch on your own teammate when you don't have to next time you're scum. See how well that goes over with the rest of your team.

1 minute ago, swoosh said:

Both Orca and I both provided examples from prior games of scum leading lynches of scum.

No, you didn't. You provided examples of people claiming to be suspicious of their own teammates.

Just now, Blue said:

No, you didn't. You provided examples of people claiming to be suspicious of their own teammates.

And hammering. Neither of which is the same as using an investigative result to positively identify a teammate as non-Town.

4 minutes ago, The Orca said:

Don’t forget when matts, squire and myself were all 3 scum and each took a pact to get the other two lynched at any cost 

by the time the dust had settled matts and I were dead but squire was lolcleared and ended up winning the game for our team 

• Like 1

Just now, Dome said:

Don’t forget when matts, squire and myself were all 3 scum and each took a pact to get the other two lynched at any cost 

by the time the dust had settled matts and I were dead but squire was lolcleared and ended up winning the game for our team 

Okay, I do want to hear this story because it sounds hilarious.

Has anyone all game claimed to be roleblocked? Besides Matts I mean 

cause I’m wondering what happened to the roleblocked who allegedly blocked matts n1, cause it wasn’t me 

1 hour ago, Pickle Rick said:

6 Tk3 – Matts, Swag, swoosh, Rackcs, MD4L, Buff
6 Rack – Pickle, Orca, Forge, Dome, Tk3, Hobo
1 MD4L – Blue
1 Orca – Ron
2 Forge – Bcb, Josh

#neverforget

1 minute ago, Dome said:

Has anyone all game claimed to be roleblocked? Besides Matts I mean 

cause I’m wondering what happened to the roleblocked who allegedly blocked matts n1, cause it wasn’t me 

lol

Well, that answers my question.