2020 RDT

DreamKid

On 8/19/2020 at 5:17 PM, DreamKid said:

I think BWill would tap out on most occasions. No reason to inundate him with pass rush reps at his age, even more so when you factor in his grand inefficiency at it. His 2019 2.9% pressure rate was/is horrific. 

Campbell's ability to rush outside or inside a 4 man front opens up some interesting combinations for us. So I think we'll get a lot of different looks as the coaches settle on what lineup is best for each situation.

If we have anything similar to the number of leads to protect as last year, I could see B-Will sitting out a LOT of 4th quarters, if not full second halves.

Unless Stone really impresses I think Levine will take up his $ LB role again and Clark stays at safety. I know they like having Clark in that role as it puts him essentially in the center of the defense with the green dot thus easing communication, but Harbs probably won't like the idea of two new players on the back end. Levine is older now but was an asset in that sub package role back in 2018. So they'll probably default to him.

If it is Clark shifting down, I can see us getting FS: Jimmy Smith SS: Deshon Elliot looks. Only issue is Jimmy is so valuable as a 4th CB option for us and with his injury history we don't want to inundate him with snaps. I don't care how many reports come out about Anthony Averret looking good in camp, he imploded last year and I don't trust him.

Another option for the $LB is Queen. He's more than athletic enough, I'd take him over Levine in that department every time. It's more about the intellectual side of the equation though. That's hard to quantify for him right now without us seeing him on a NFL field. That could be a little more ideal although at the same time that takes him out of the LB spot which is one of the appeals of a guy like Queen at that position. I'm just not all that confident in Levine being thrust in as a regular contributor on defense. 

Smith back at safety with Elliot or Clark (and the other at $LB) seems most likely to me. Jimmy is probably the guy that can be trusted most for the likeliest options on the backend at this point.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...