Redskins 2020 Schedule Announcement

1 hour ago, bigdog44 said:

Since they merged with AT&T the service has gone to 💩. On the phone they’re great but to get a tech to come out takes 2 weeks and since they sub it out you get some shady folks. Even before, the guy who did the install on my house 8 years ago left his van in my driveway because he couldn’t get it to start. I had my friend vanish it and to this day the guy never showed up for his van. Another time my man was so old he couldn’t hear me or do the work, nothing I couldn’t handle but still.... Last year the guy they sent stunk like weed and was so high he couldn’t speak. Fine by me, I’ve done my share, but your walking into a house with kids representing your company. 
All this to watch my Redskins go 5-11

The Sunday Ticket is the draw! If they didn’t have that, they couldn’t survive. Wish the cable companies could get the games. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

The Sunday Ticket is the draw! If they didn’t have that, they couldn’t survive. Wish the cable companies could get the games. 

I will say the wireless box is pretty cool. Just plug into the TV and the wall and go. So happy they came out with them 2 years after I took the time to run lines from the dish all over the house when I was framing it 😭🤯. 

There is a very likely possibility that this team starts the season 0-5.  I don't see a winnable game until the Giants, and then I don't see a winnable game until the Lions.  Joe Burrow might be too well established for the Bengals game- but then so could our team- so that's too close to call.  Then I don't see us getting competitive again until Carolina comes to town. We might get lucky for a division game or two, but 2-3 wins is absolutely in the cards.  

At least with the Thanksgiving game, I'll be stuffed from turkey by that point, and it's away and at 4:25.  I think the game of the day for Thanksgiving is going to be Ole Miss (Lane Kiffen) vs Misssissippi State (Mike Leach) and that's a primetime game so I'll be able to watch it, too.  

It's a shame that the Ravens game likely won't have anyone in the crowd.  That game is a big loss to season ticket holders who sell their tickets.  Especially with Seattle and Los Angeles being west coast teams and not having a huge traveling fanbase.  The 49ers are great because they have a national following from the days of Montana/Rice.  

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Biggest bummer of the schedule is that the Redskins have to go to the 49ers and Trent won’t have to come to FedEx Field! Ugh! Come on Rog!

That is decided by the rotating schedule.  The last time we played the NFC West teams, the 49ers were a home game.  When we played them last year at home, that was a game based off standings/record from the prior year.  So we have another three years before we get the 49ers at home again, unless we get placed with them again based off standings/record.

4 hours ago, bigdog44 said:

Since they merged with AT&T the service has gone to 💩. On the phone they’re great but to get a tech to come out takes 2 weeks and since they sub it out you get some shady folks. Even before, the guy who did the install on my house 8 years ago left his van in my driveway because he couldn’t get it to start. I had my friend vanish it and to this day the guy never showed up for his van. Another time my man was so old he couldn’t hear me or do the work, nothing I couldn’t handle but still.... Last year the guy they sent stunk like weed and was so high he couldn’t speak. Fine by me, I’ve done my share, but your walking into a house with kids representing your company. 
All this to watch my Redskins go 5-11

Wait.........they never came back for the company van?  Wow, that's shady as most anything I've ever heard, and beats my story.  I backed into a guy while driving for work, and he continually insisted that he wanted cash, despite me telling him the work insurance company would cover everything for him.  My cousin owns a body shop, and covers me at cost, so I gave him the cash.  

But not coming back for the van, is nuts.  They must've been a contract company, and a shady one at that.  

Redskins full schedule 

View image on Twitter
Arizona, Cleveland & Giants are all 3 winnable games and all 3 on the road.

Philly, Baltimore, Rams & cowboys are all 4 tough but at home.

If we can somehow go 4-3  or better heading into the bye? Which is possible

We could gain some ground with the next 3 games being very winnable in Giants, Lions & Bengals.

I see no reason, why this team can't be fighting for the division come Thanksgiving @Dallas.

Anything worse than a 6-10 season, imo. Would not only be deflating, but I'll start to question if Haskins is our guy.

I will certainly be on the Lawrence, Fields or next best QB bandwagon if we can't manage at least 6 wins.

You get the Bengals, Giants x2, Lions, Carolina, Arizona & Cleveland on your schedule?

You better win at least 4 of those 7 games minimum.

With 2 upsets added to that, equalling 6 wins.

Yep, our floor better be 6-10 or I'm thinking new QB.

Time for Haskins to show us what he's made of, gentleman.

10 hours ago, turtle28 said:

That schedule does not look easy to me. Does it to you?

No schedule would be easy for us.

That said, I think we only play two teams that last year won 10+ games. Thus, the "easy" part of it. 

30 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

No schedule would be easy for us.

That said, I think we only play two teams that last year won 10+ games. Thus, the "easy" part of it. 

Natural to use comps to last year. We all do it. But we all also know that from year to year ~25%+ of good teams become bad and bad teams become good. 

I think you guys could hover around 8-8 +/- a game. 

But I think teams like the Bengals, Browns, Cards and Lions could also make a jump. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Wait.........they never came back for the company van?  Wow, that's shady as most anything I've ever heard, and beats my story.  I backed into a guy while driving for work, and he continually insisted that he wanted cash, despite me telling him the work insurance company would cover everything for him.  My cousin owns a body shop, and covers me at cost, so I gave him the cash.  

But not coming back for the van, is nuts.  They must've been a contract company, and a shady one at that.  

Yea he was a sub contractor. It was his own van. Honestly I was thinking of keeping it but chances are it was stolen. Funny thing was he was the only good tech I ever dealt with. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

There is a very likely possibility that this team starts the season 0-5.  I don't see a winnable game until the Giants, and then I don't see a winnable game until the Lions.  Joe Burrow might be too well established for the Bengals game- but then so could our team- so that's too close to call.  Then I don't see us getting competitive again until Carolina comes to town. We might get lucky for a division game or two, but 2-3 wins is absolutely in the cards.  

At least with the Thanksgiving game, I'll be stuffed from turkey by that point, and it's away and at 4:25.  I think the game of the day for Thanksgiving is going to be Ole Miss (Lane Kiffen) vs Misssissippi State (Mike Leach) and that's a primetime game so I'll be able to watch it, too.  

It's a shame that the Ravens game likely won't have anyone in the crowd.  That game is a big loss to season ticket holders who sell their tickets.  Especially with Seattle and Los Angeles being west coast teams and not having a huge traveling fanbase.  The 49ers are great because they have a national following from the days of Montana/Rice.  

We’re not beating the Lions in Detroit and if Matt Stanford is healthy. Let’s not forget that we beat David Blough and we beat them at home. If we win that game I’ll be extremely happy, bc we haven’t won in DC in years, maybe since the Moss punt return days of 11 or 12 years ago.

I don’t think the Bengals are going to be good at all, and I’ll be shocked if Burrow has a great rookie season considering COVID-19. The Bengals have a good RB, good receivers a decent OL - if healthy - and a few good defenders but overall their defense is trash. 

I think we win 2 or 3 games in the division and 2 or 3 games out of the division. We’ll get 4 to 6 wins IMO.

It’s not pretty though, w/o Haskins totally turning into a top half of the league QB this year the Redskins are very unlikely to sniff around .500 this year. Almost assuredly a top 5 pick next year again.

3 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Natural to use comps to last year. We all do it. But we all also know that from year to year ~25%+ of good teams become bad and bad teams become good. 

I think you guys could hover around 8-8 +/- a game. 

But I think teams like the Bengals, Browns, Cards and Lions could also make a jump. 

I would be absolutely shocked and extremely excited if the Redskins young roster could get near 8-8, that would be like Christmas!

14 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Biggest bummer of the schedule is that the Redskins have to go to the 49ers and Trent won’t have to come to FedEx Field! Ugh! Come on Rog!

I'd rather Trent not injure himself getting on and off a plane. That way, if he plays poorly against our guys, no one can blame it on injuries.