Can a Case be made for Keenum...?

vike daddy

24 minutes ago, lark25 said:

Teddy Bridgewater has 28 TDs to 21 INTs in 28 starts.  Keenum has 7 to 3 in 6 starts and seems to be coming into form.  I don't know why you'd start Bridgewater?

Bridgewater is at best an average starter in the league

I don't know how many times I can say that this is a bad take.

17 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

Raw stats are bad takes

... Ok

Under even the most optimistic views, I still don't think Teddy can match Case output based on Teddy's previous play.

First 4 starts in Houston
8 TDs to 1 Int (99.0 Passer Rating)

Next 6 starts in Houston
3 TDs to 7 Ints (63.0 Passer Rating)

First 11 starts for the Rams
11 TDs to 7 Ints (86.3 Passer Rating)

Next 3 starts for the Rams
2 TDs to 5 Ints (64.5 Passer Rating)

Basically, don't get attached to Keenum. He plays well for a period and then tanks. One of his biggest issues with the Rams (even before he tanked) was his tendency to turn the ball over in the 4th quarter in close games.

6 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

Even if he doesn't continue his hot play, his stats are far superior to Teddy body of work. Both with the Vikings

That's ignoring the superior talent and play-calling you have now. Teddy is better than Keenum. Although, he's going to be rusty, so you'll need to have some patience.

Just now, jrry32 said:

That's ignoring the superior talent and play-calling you have now. Teddy is better than Keenum. Although, he's going to be rusty, so you'll need to have some patience.

No one is ignoring that. We all know the Minny offense is superior now then when Teddy was under center however, Case is getting it done. 

We don't know what Teddy is right now, we at least know what Case brings right now. We also don't have the Luxury of simply "seeing what Teddy has" cuz every game is gonna be meaningful for a top 2 seeding

What’s funny is that people are trying to compare Bridgewater’s stats from under Turner to what Keenum is doing under Shurmur. 

Keenum, a career journeyman at QB, hand 24 TDs to 20 INTs and a completion percentage of sub 60%. He’s currently having career success under Shurmur and this scheme. 

Why don’t people think Bridgewater would experience similar career successs under Shurmur?

Just now, CriminalMind said:

No one is ignoring that. We all know the Minny offense is superior now then when Teddy was under center however, Case is getting it done. 

We don't know what Teddy is right now, we at least know what Case brings right now. We also don't have the Luxury of simply "seeing what Teddy has" cuz every game is gonna be meaningful for a top 2 seeding

What I'm warning you is that you don't know what Keenum brings. He falls off quickly. We'll see what happens against the Rams, but if he falters in that game, you need to pull him. Because once he starts to go downhill, it's not pretty. 

Zimmer: Interceptions are going to happen, but there at those times, you don't want to do that. We kinda had the game pretty much in hand at that point, and those two INTs...that's how you let a team back in games. We haven't really played with a big lead before and we need to learn how to do that as well."

1 hour ago, CriminalMind said:

Raw stats are bad takes

... Ok

Under even the most optimistic views, I still don't think Teddy can match Case output based on Teddy's previous play.

Raw stats aren't a take at all, they are just facts. Using them to justify a belief that Keenum is unequivocally a better QB than Bridgewater without nuance is a bad take. 

We've seen Keenum bottom out in multiple offenses with varying levels of talent around him. Bridgewater hasn't. To suggest that Bridgewater can't match Keenum because of his previous statistics is a really really bad argument.

25 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

We're at about the halfway point. Things are still very fluid, the time is now to see what Teddy has, not later on when there isn't time to go back.

3 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

We're at about the halfway point. Things are still very fluid, the time is now to see what Teddy has, not later on when there isn't time to go back.

I'm expecting Zimmer to ride the hot hand and give Case the start vs Rams. 1st\2nd place in NFC likely will come down to 1 game difference.

Just now, CriminalMind said:

I'm expecting Zimmer to ride the hot hand and give Case the start vs Rams. 1st\2nd place in NFC likely will come down to 1 game difference.

Based on how the second half went for Keenum, might he be cooling off already? Should we be concerned? 

I'd like to see the Vikes play the best roster they can against the Rams, can't afford turning the ball over against an offense this potent.

Archived