Can a Case be made for Keenum...?

vike daddy

On 11/30/2017 at 5:46 AM, Purplexing said:

Ooops!  I guess I opened the wrong thread.  The Case for Keenum thread must be around here somewhere.... let me see..... hmm....

Why don't you start your own forum, since you seem to be so incredibly unhappy with this one? 

6 hours ago, Purplexing said:

So, which is it?  Krauser mentioned but 'excluded' collegiate stats and you suggest the collegiate record is interesting to consider. 

Huh?

I never said anything about collegiate stats or records being interesting to consider. I said the video is interesting to look back at. That's all. Don't always try to look deeper for hidden meanings and secret motives, because they aren't there.

17 hours ago, vike daddy said:

It was a month in which Keenum completed 69 of 97 passes for 866 yards, with seven touchdowns and two interceptions, for a passer rating of 114.0. It’s also a month in which Keenum was sacked only twice, as he continued to show an incredible pocket presence. And a month in which Keenum never fumbled, as he still hasn’t all season. Football Outsiders’ DVOA statistic ranks Keenum as the best quarterback in the NFL this season.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/11/30/case-keenum-named-nfc-offensive-player-of-the-month/

Yikes

latest?cb=20131026155948

On the surface, it seems unfair. Case Keenum has led Minnesota on a seven-game winning streak and he’s fighting for his job?

Zimmer: “I just think everybody’s week to week. I’m week to week, the center’s week to week. I’m not looking to pull the guy, but I don’t think there’s any benefit in me saying, ‘Oh, he’s the starter for the season.’  He could get hurt the next play. Anything can happen, so …”

On the topic of getting Bridgewater into a game, Zimmer was vague: “Um, just — I don’t know, we’ll see. We’re going to keep playing this thing out and see how it goes.”

http://www.twincities.com/2017/11/30/vikings-qb-case-keenum-week-to-week-as-he-moves-win-to-win-hey-it-works/

7 hours ago, Purplexing said:

Perhaps Rick Pickumulator is teaching him the subtle art of smoke screen construction?

Anything can happen with Rick Pickumulator!

At this point, what would it take for Keenum to be benched? This is assuming that the coaching staff feels confident that Bridgewater is a capable backup.

Does he need to throw a few crippling interceptions? Lose a game?

Is there anything Teddy can do in practice to rightfully take the job away from Case?

3 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

At this point, what would it take for Keenum to be benched? This is assuming that the coaching staff feels confident that Bridgewater is a capable backup.

Is there anything Teddy can do in practice to rightfully take the job away from Case?

Very situationally dependent. If Case comes out early in a game and is throwing interceptions and making bad reads and throws along with our opponent putting up a 14+ point lead, then I think it's reasonable for us to come out after the half and possibly make a switch at least for that game. If Case has a good or okay 1st or 2nd quarter, I think the team would stick with him through the game barring either a blowout or Case having an individual implosion. Now, as long as we are winning games despite Case's performance, I think he will continue to get the nod for the sake of chemistry. 

8 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

With 5 games left in the regular season, about the only thing that is likely to get Keenum benched is him not looking after the football. But it would take two or three bad games in a row for Zimmer to make the move.

Archived