Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
brownie man

Andrew Thomas and Xavier McKinney vs Jedrick Wills and Grant Delpit vs Tristan Wirfs and Antoine Winfield

Better pair long term   

82 members have voted

  1. 1. Which pair of tackle / safety will be the better pair long term

    • Giants Andrew Thomas / Xavier Mckinney
      26
    • Browns Jedrick Wills / Grant Delpit
      31
    • Buccaneers Tristan Wirfs / Antoine Winfeld Jr
      25


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

I think Wills and Delpit. 
 

I’m a Browns fan, yes. But I did have Delpit rated ahead of Winfield and I also had Wills being the safest OT in the class. There is such a low chance he isn’t at least good. I do think Becton ends up being the best, but there are considerable concerns with him that make him a big risk.

 

Winfield’s lack of size and injury history concern me. He’s a stud for sure, but I think Delpit can cover more ground and has a much higher ceiling. His tackling issues were overrated IMO. 

Missed tackle % among top 2020 safeties in draft:
– Delpit 25 %
– Robinson 17.4 %
– Jones 14.2 %
– Winfield 13.8 %
– Davis 12.3 %
– Burgess 11.8 %
– Blackmon 11.7 %
– McKinney 11 %
– Chinn 9.3 %

 

Godspeed.

 

i had Winfield as best S prospect and Thomas best T prospect.

Willis was second favorite safest T prospect. 

Delpit was so bad last year. He has great range and ball skills. But he cant cover slots in man and he damn sure cant tackle. The effort isnt the issue he just has bad technique. Winfield versatility sets him apart from all 3 safeties. mckinney can play in the box and he is solid enough to hold his own in coverage.

I’d go giants bucs browns. 

Edited by indifference

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, indifference said:

Missed tackle % among top 2020 safeties in draft:
– Delpit 25 %
 

Godspeed.

 

l

What time period is this from? You know he had a High Ankle sprain right?

 

does this include 2018, or if those are true for 2019 can you find the percentages for 2018?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Opinions on Delpit are all over the place. I think he can be great, but he could bust if put into a bad spot. What scheme do the Browns run and what would be the most likely role of Delpit?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wills is comfortably my top tackle, both in short term, long term, and bust potential.  And LOT is very far ahead of safety in positional importance, so Wills/Delpit.

I think with the safeties it depends on what you will ask them to do and what you need. Different teams could easily have each of the three ahead of the others depending on scheme. All need some work on their angles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Fullback said:

Opinions on Delpit are all over the place. I think he can be great, but he could bust if put into a bad spot. What scheme do the Browns run and what would be the most likely role of Delpit?

He’ll be asked to man up TEs and play traditional FS in 2-Man Under & Cover 1 looks. 
 

The Browns have two very good outside man cover corners, so they’re switching to a suffocating man scheme rather than the insanely stupid zone schemes they’ve ran the last 2 years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

He’ll be asked to man up TEs and play traditional FS in 2-Man Under & Cover 1 looks. 
 

The Browns have two very good outside man cover corners, so they’re switching to a suffocating man scheme rather than the insanely stupid zone schemes they’ve ran the last 2 years. 

last two years? They only ran it last year under Wilkes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, brownie man said:

What time period is this from? You know he had a High Ankle sprain right?

 

does this include 2018, or if those are true for 2019 can you find the percentages for 2018?

I believe his'18 season his missed tackles was 20%. I dont care about his tackling. He can stick with slot receivers in man, erase tight ends in the box, and play center field as a single-high FS

Edited by buno67

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, buno67 said:

last two years? They only ran it last year under Wilkes

We were in zone nonstop with Gregg Williams. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

We were in zone nonstop with Gregg Williams. 

Maybe zoning with safeties but he played a ton of man coverages on the outside 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, buno67 said:

Maybe zoning with safeties but he played a ton of man coverages on the outside 

That's not what I recall. I remember us getting killed on screens because we zone blitzed so much. And questioning why we took Denzel Ward--a stud press corner--if we were going to be playing so much zone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

That's not what I recall. I remember us getting killed on screens because we zone blitzed so much. And questioning why we took Denzel Ward--a stud press corner--if we were going to be playing so much zone.

I think you are mis-remembering. Greggg ran a lot of man on the outside. He loved to run a lot of cover 1. Making a safety play that halo position, while the corners locked up onthe outside. I think that’s why Ward was so much better his rookie year. His rookie year he flirted with an 80 on PFF and last year he flirted with 70 for a PFF grade. I think they struggled with screens cause they’re were so aggressive that teams take advantage of it. Because the safeties are playing back, the corners could be run off cause of man responsibility, and when the pressure was brought they could just throw over it. Now Wilks comes in and played nothing but zone and our DBs got killed in it cause they were man coverage corners. Gregg also had his corners playing way off and gave way to much cushion. Forced the DBs to keep everything infront tho. So if a WR committed to a long route they would turn and run with them but if not he made them rally to the ball

Edited by buno67

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, buno67 said:

I think you are mis-remembering. Greggg ran a lot of man on the outside. He loved to run a lot of cover 1. Making a safety play that halo position, while the corners locked up onthe outside. I think that’s why Ward was so much better his rookie year. His rookie year he flirted with an 80 on PFF and last year he flirted with 70 for a PFF grade. I think they struggled with screens cause they’re were so aggressive that teams take advantage of it. Because the safeties are playing back, the corners could be run off cause of man responsibility, and when the pressure was brought they could just throw over it. Now Wilks comes in and played nothing but zone and our DBs got killed in it cause they were man coverage corners. Gregg also had his corners playing way off and gave way to much cushion. Forced the DBs to keep everything infront tho. So if a WR committed to a long route they would turn and run with them but if not he made them rally to the ball

I looked it up actually. We were right around the middle of the pack in the NFL in terms of man/zone. Sightly more zone, but a lot more man than I remembered. Philosophically, Gregg Williams has always been a zone blitzing coordinator. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had Wirfs as my 3rd OT and Winfield as my 1st safety prior to draft, so I'll go them. Although, I'll admit I'm somewhat biased given I'm a Bucs fan...

I'm just so freaking happy we got both lol...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Delpit is severely underrated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1. Wirfs (biggest boom bust though)
2. Wills
3. Thomas

1. Delpit
2. McKinney
3. Winfield

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×