Redskins WR Cody Latimer arrested

Just now, e16bball said:

😂 Haskins is really in trouble now. I mean, you go to all that effort to bring in a top flight talent to help make your young QB’s life a little easier, and he goes and gets himself arrested within a couple months. And on top of that, I’m starting to think he might suck at football too...

Always a side of these stories that will have to be heard, but frankly it was a waste of time signing him and it would be an even bigger waste of time dealing with all this BS now. 

While I agree with that, it's also a show of goodwill to the player community at large that if they make a mistake, you are at least patient enough to wait the process out.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

While I agree with that, it's also a show of goodwill to the player community at large that if they make a mistake, you are at least patient enough to wait the process out.  

It should always be that way. I always hated that he league would suspend players before the were convicted of anything. IMO that is just the opposite of the foundation this nations justice system was founded upon, innocent until proven guilty and no guilty by social media doesn't mean guilty for anyone.

I might surprise you and say that I'm waiting to see what facts are presented. By all accounts, this guy is a good, clean (as in no criminal ties), family man. He might not have been a great WR, but that shouldn't be the barometer of if we give a guy the benefit of the doubt or not.

That being said, his loss is the other WRs gain.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

If my four year old was sexually assaulted..........I might respond in a similar fashion, at least initially. 

Let this play out in the court.  

I think I'd call the police and file a report. 

Edited by RSkinGM
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Fair if you’re going to do that just be ready to spend years in prison. There are consequences for killing people.

I've killed people for less. And no jury in the world is going to convict me.

Also, I never said I'd kill the person.

Edited by Slateman

Potentially sounds like some terrible mitigating circumstances.

Nevertheless, pointing weapons at people is a big concern no matter what the reason.

One could also ask why Latimer is bringing a 4 year old to a poker game during covid?  

Easy to jump to conclusions, not a lot of facts out there on this one.   But at the very least it appears like Latimer has some seriously questionable judgment.  

• Like 2