AFC South Discussion Thread

titans0021

7 minutes ago, TwoToneBlue said:

But for the playoffs, isn’t it only based on division record?

Nah, overall record trumps division record. Raiders went 6-0 in the AFC West in 2010 but only 8-8 overall. Chiefs went 10-6 but 2-4 in the division. Chiefs still won division.

You're thinking of college football conferences.

• Like 1

Texans forum is calling for Obrien’s head again. If he is canned, LaFleur is a name they brought up to be his successor after they finish out the year with whoever the interim is. That would crush me because 1) he would go to a division rival and 2) Marcus would have to learn ANOTHER offense. We’ll see how he does as the year goes on.

Just now, dtait93 said:

Texans forum is calling for Obrien’s head again. If he is canned, LaFleur is a name they brought up to be his successor after they finish out the year with whoever the interim is. That would crush me because 1) he would go to a division rival and 2) Marcus would have to learn ANOTHER offense. We’ll see how he does as the year goes on.

i would think that we'd promote someone from lafleur's staff who would keep the system largely intact. maybe o'hara, i dunno.

Just now, -Hope- said:

lol, they're already talking about that in the texans forum. but idk, i'm not sure i see him getting HC looks after just one season here? who knows though.

I don't know who is the must hire this year...

Maybe they lure McDaniels? 

I think it would have to be someone that they feel will get the most out of Watson.

1 minute ago, dtait93 said:

If we do lose him then I hope your right. To have to learn 4 offense in 5 years is just...man..

Yeah. I think that would happen. A promotion from within. Especially if we do well.  
or
Hire someone fro the same tree to run the same offense? Who did the Rams hire for their OC this year? lol

5 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

anyway, i feel like any talk of lafleur being hired away is contingent on our offense absolutely balling out the rest of the season. and while i would love for that to happen, that hasn't exactly been the case as of yet, lol.

Well, think about it.  We haven't had an real chance to have a real offensive game yet. If that makes sense...lol

1. Miami game was just a freak game, 7 hours, No Marcus.
2. Gabbert starts, no OT's, wildcat just get through.
3. Good defense,  Gabbert starts, Marcus still not 100% yet.

Hopefully Marcus gets close to 100 soon, but I'm excited to see the offense in a game situation with our starting QB.  We are winning with out it and I think it's just as impressive as a 30 point win. 

I think LaFleur has done a good job, but I don't think there are a whole lot of offensive coordinators averaging 16 pts per game in their first year who are getting head coaching looks.

But Vrabel was a first year DC who had a bottom of the league defense and got the job, so maybe.