AFC South Discussion Thread

titans0021

8 hours ago, titans0021 said:

Nah, it’s more that if you have these massive concerns about our QBs ability to elevate the offense in the playoffs, just seems silly to then be scared of a team that’s worse at that position.

But who cares? They could be a great team with a Tannehill level QB honestly lol. Pieces are there. Essentially the AFC 49ers really.

Anyways, hope you had a good Christmas Dee. FTC.

Merry Christmas to you too bud

what does FTC mean? Urban dictionary said “f*** the chicken”. So I’ll assume it’s F the Colts or F the Carson, both of which are accurate 

• Like 1

Think I’d rather the Titans face the Bills than the Colts. Bills have been one of the most overrated teams all year. They have no running game. OL is very mediocre. We had no CBs last time we faced them and still won. Colts are hot. Won’t lose a game the rest of the year. Best OL in football with currently the best healthy RB in the game. Wentz doesn’t scare me but he has the benefit of an excellent OL and run game. Pittman is pretty solid and they have a good duo of TEs. Not to mention a very good defense. Teams I’d like to face are the Ravens, Steelers, Bengals, Chargers, Bills, and the Patriots. The Chiefs and Colts to me are the toughest to me. Chiefs have the best QB in the conference by a wide margin and he has arguably the two best weapons in all of football. Plus their defense has played better since they got Ingram(smh) and moved Jones back inside. Colts are basically the same as us. They want to run the ball and play good defense. We have the better QB and better weapons when healthy but they have the better OL by a wide margin. They have the better defense too but I actually like our defense when it’s healthy. 

• Like 2

Put me on the list of those who do not want to see the colts if possible Some times teams get in a roll where they find ways to win that isn't all about them, the other team missing FG's and so on like they did against AZ.   I also am concerned about the Chargers. They have a QB who can make amazing throws and a couple of real good WR's.  For the same reason the Bengals scare me as well.  

So i would go Stealers, Ravens, Bills then NE.  Chargers, Bengals, Colts then Chiefs.

But really the only team that I would say is a "easy" out is the Stealers on that list all others have the potential of being real tough and Stealers have such a good D that it is hard to call them a easy out.

Still all this is mute unless we get King back playing 100%  I think we could win 1 playoff game in not the 1 seed with out the King but that is about it. 

I do see us winning out with the King but we need LONG and Farley back to be at our best.  I wouldn't mind seeing the King come back against Houston for a handful of snaps only to get him some game action to get ready for the play offs even if we are 1 seed.

Well here we go....  can we win out...  can Cincy beat KC...   if we win out at worst we are a 2 seed.   IF Cincy beats KC we are a 1 seed.   IF we split then it gets tricky and we need Buffalo to win out and KC to then BEAT Cincy and we are still a 2 seed.  The only two teams we win a tie breaker with are Buffalo and KC.  Thus please win out and Cincy beat KC.     Then most likely....

Titans 1 KC 2 Cincy 3 Buffalo 4 Indy 5 NE 6 ??? 7

1 hour ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Unless it’s Taylor, it doesn’t matter. Wentz isn’t that good and I’m sure Ehlinger can hand the ball off and make the occasional wide open throw. Or I’m sure he can perfect their #1 play - THE DPI. Plus the Raiders suck

do you actually think that there isn't much of a drop-off from Carson Wentz to Sam Ehlinger?

I think Carson is a schmoe as much as anyone. But I swear that this forum thinks he's no better than Nathan Peterman. Just not even remotely rooted in reality.

And again Indy gets all the luck they can to get be adversity.   They have won so many games this year where the other team just lost it at teh end...  If this had happened anytime in the past two weeks We would have clinched the division by now...  and of course NFL changes the rules that all the killed a ton of teams this year just in time to possibly 'save' Indy...

32 minutes ago, quiller said:

And again Indy gets all the luck they can to get be adversity.   They have won so many games this year where the other team just lost it at teh end...  If this had happened anytime in the past two weeks We would have clinched the division by now...  and of course NFL changes the rules that all the killed a ton of teams this year just in time to possibly 'save' Indy...

sad alex jones GIF

2 hours ago, deeluxx3 said:

do you actually think that there isn't much of a drop-off from Carson Wentz to Sam Ehlinger?

I think Carson is a schmoe as much as anyone. But I swear that this forum thinks he's no better than Nathan Peterman. Just not even remotely rooted in reality.

There is a Vince Young/Collins vibe to Wentz.  Someone that can make plays and stack "W's" but it's something about him that you don't trust. 
Wentz will give you at least 2-3 chances at turning the ball over.  Can you maximize those chances?

He isn't Peterman, but he isn't MVP Wentz.
He is ....I dunno. He is JUST Wentz. 

2 hours ago, KingTitan said:

There is a Vince Young/Collins vibe to Wentz.  Someone that can make plays and stack "W's" but it's something about him that you don't trust. 
Wentz will give you at least 2-3 chances at turning the ball over.  Can you maximize those chances?

He isn't Peterman, but he isn't MVP Wentz.
He is ....I dunno. He is JUST Wentz. 

I’m not saying I trust Wentz, but he’s definitely on a different level than VY ever was. This is a guy that many once considered to be trending toward ELITE status earlier in his career, including some folks on this very forum when we were comparing him to Mariota.

To reiterate - I’m not a big fan of his and know that his boneheaded plays happen more often than they should. But his “holy s***” plays, like the last TD rolling to his left against Zona, seem to just get totally ignored around here. 

call a spade a spade. He’s not a terrible QB and his absence def would impact Indy greatly. To even insinuate that Sam Elinger could hold things down in a similar manner is just absolutely ridiculous and, once again, completely disattached from reality.