AFC South Discussion Thread

titans0021

9 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Never forget after two decades of great/elite QB play from Manning and Luck, Colts fans booing Andrew Luck when he retired. They deserve the Wentz experience.

I called it the Cure of Luck.  
They deserve every terrible season they get from here on out. 

54 minutes ago, TwoToneBlue said:

Worse QB’s are easy to move on from. Wentz could be a curse for them because he’s just good enough that you can get stuck in mediocrity for a decade. 

Yes. That is what you want for them. A .500 QB. Where they can't draft one high enough, but not good enough to be a threat. 

Texans have a lot of problems and I don't necessarily think Culley is "the guy" to lead them back to being a successful team -- their issues are much more deeply rooted -- but I do think he's a good head coach and good for him to have the attitude he's showing here.

It's a tough job, man. Especially when you lack talent like Houston does right now. But he clearly had his team fighting until the very end.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

Texans have a lot of problems and I don't necessarily think Culley is "the guy" to lead them back to being a successful team -- their issues are much more deeply rooted -- but I do think he's a good head coach and good for him to have the attitude he's showing here.

It's a tough job, man. Especially when you lack talent like Houston does right now. But he clearly had his team fighting until the very end.

Pick up some Mularkey vibes 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

Middle Tennessee native David Culley.

I think they'd be crazy to fire him right now.  He made them pretty competitive considering how toxic the whole franchise is.  Not like you'd be getting anything better right now anyway.  Give him another season to bring some stability, much like Mularkey, then move on.

Texans are still reeling from the loss of resources and draft capital that BOB put on them.  I'd give Culley another year to see what he can do with an influx of talent.  They win 7 or 8 games next season and sort out the Deshaun Watson situation, then they may be sitting pretty.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I don't think he is a GREAT GM. I don't think he is stupid either.  That is the problem that I have with the Colts.
He will see a problem and try to address it. But he is hit or miss on if he picks the right player to address it. 

for whatever reason, the colts are the NFL's small market darlings (other than GB, but I mean...)

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

I don't think he is a GREAT GM. I don't think he is stupid either.  That is the problem that I have with the Colts.
He will see a problem and try to address it. But he is hit or miss on if he picks the right player to address it. 

I think the problem the Colts have with Ballard is he's not great, but he's a huge improvement over Grigson, who was so bad he destroyed the career of a generational QB.  So, he looks better than it's been.