?Week 4 GDT - Saints vs Dolphins (across da pond) 8:30 CST

whodatworm23

23 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

Have they really played well this game, or have they been aided by penalties on every down and Jay Cutler?

Sure there's been some assistance with flags, but an interception, multiple sacks, a forced fumble, and holding an offense to 0 points is certainly a solid half...Especially considering how bad our defense was the first 2 weeks of the year.

Just now, tyler735 said:

Sure there's been some assistance with flags, but an interception, multiple sacks, a forced fumble, and holding an offense to 0 points is certainly a solid half...Especially considering how bad our defense was the first 2 weeks of the year.

Thats why I was asking if our defense was really as bad as we thought or those offenses were just that good as they have been lighting everyone up.

Just now, tyler735 said:

I'm not saying they've been bad, but this Dolphins offense is terrible, flags have backed them up, and the Cutler pick was a boneheaded pass.  They're certainly better than they have been, but they've had a lot of help.

2 minutes ago, whodatworm23 said:

Anybody else feel like Petersons carries are force feed?

Absolutely. It wouldn't be a big deal if they had confidence in his pass blocking or his pass catching. Is he really that incapable of doing those? They could just keep him on the field but without that what can they do? I say they keep him in there to give Kamara and Ingram a breather, and just see how he flows with the regular offense.

Bottom line boys, normally when we play a bad offense that offense "mysteriously" gets back on track and performs well that week, before going right back to bad afterwards. In other words, our defense is usually so bad that we make the bad offenses look good too. So I'm weirdly stoked about our defense being able to shut down the Panthers last week and now the Fins. 

Archived