Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 20 - Taco Bowl XX POSTED!)

57 minutes ago, swoosh said:

I thought Peters wasn't a difference maker?

9 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

That’s what I was told!

Marcus Peters [16 GS]: 70 tackles, 41 coverages, 1 sack, 2 interceptions, 1 forced fumble.

TBH 41 coverages from a CB who started all season is pretty bad.

Deion Jones [16 GS]: 84 tackles (9 stuffs), 10 coverages, 5 sacks.

Rashaan Evans [16 GS]: 102 tackles (10 stuffs), 4 coverages, 2 sacks, 1 forced fumble, 2 recoveries.
Jerome Baker [16 GS]: 103 tackles (12 stuffs), 4 coverages, 2 sacks, 2 forced fumbles, 1 recovery.

-18 tackles, -1 stuff, +6 coverage, +3 sacks, -3 turnovers

Anyone want to give me a first for both Evans and Baker? A single pick gets two for the price of one!

13 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Deion Jones [16 GS]: 84 tackles (9 stuffs), 10 coverages, 5 sacks.

Rashaan Evans [16 GS]: 102 tackles (10 stuffs), 4 coverages, 2 sacks, 1 forced fumble, 2 recoveries.
Jerome Baker [16 GS]: 103 tackles (12 stuffs), 4 coverages, 2 sacks, 2 forced fumbles, 1 recovery.

-18 tackles, -1 stuff, +6 coverage, +3 sacks, -3 turnovers

Anyone want to give me a first for both Evans and Baker? A single pick gets two for the price of one!

Why would I care about individual stats when my defense clearly improved after adding both players lol

17 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Why would I care about individual stats when my defense clearly improved after adding both players lol

For the same reason you don't see millionaires dropping six figures on a 5 year, 80,000 mile Toyota Camry - sure it beats walking, but you are overpaying what it's truly worth.

1 minute ago, RuskieTitan said:

For the same reason you don't see millionaires dropping six figures on a 5 year, 80,000 mile Toyota Camry - sure it beats walking, but you are overpaying what it's truly worth.

That has literally nothing to do with what I said. You’re trying to discredit their play with individual stats when my defense went from 20th to 13th since I acquired two players and made zero other changes.

I don’t care about next years picks. The league is likely over and even if it’s not I said I won’t continue if Nacho isn’t running it. 

If we actually do math here, your point differential per game went from 1.56 per game to 5. A nice increase of 3.44 per game. Pretty good jump ahead. Guess it's settled. It was a great trade.

Except.....

In the first nine games of the season, you faced teams who had an average margin of victory of 1.04. In the back half, you faced teams who had a -1.83 average margin of victory, which is a difference of 2.87.

Which means, vs the average, your team got .57 points per game better. Barely a half a point per game. Such an incredible set of difference makers those two were, and a half point per game is totally worth two firsts and two seconds.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RuskieTitan said:

Marcus Peters [16 GS]: 70 tackles, 41 coverages, 1 sack, 2 interceptions, 1 forced fumble.

TBH 41 coverages from a CB who started all season is pretty bad.

I won't argue about value because to each their own there (especially considering the circumstances this year), but to argue Peters isn't a difference maker is just so laughable to me. I'm not saying that's what you're saying - I think you're more just arguing Mookie overpaid. 

I don't win a Championship without Peters. How is he not a difference maker? If we just looked at individual coverage/interception numbers, the draft would look a lot different. Peters easily goes in the 1st round if he hits the draft. 

Meanwhile, the Brees trade turned out like this for me:

-2 per game point differential per game before the trade, +6.1 post the trade for a base difference of 8.1 per game.

vs the Average, the difference is 5.1, nearly ten times as much as the difference brought by Peters and Jones.

So either a top end QB is worth 20 firsts and 20 second round picks, when no one has ever paid more than four firsts and a second for a QB, or those two weren't worth anything close to that value, because they didn't really make that much of a difference.

We seem to be arguing completely different things. I don’t care about “overpaying” in a seasons draft that might not even happen, unless you have some insider informations you’d like to share?

And I’ve already made it clear I’m not coming back if anyone but Nacho is simming the league. So sure we can agree I overpaid, it’s the “Peters and Jones aren’t difference makers” that I’m disagreeing with. 

6 minutes ago, pwny said:

Meanwhile, the Brees trade turned out like this for me:

-2 per game point differential per game before the trade, +6.1 post the trade for a base difference of 8.1 per game.

vs the Average, the difference is 5.1, nearly ten times as much as the difference brought by Peters and Jones.

So either a top end QB is worth 20 firsts and 20 second round picks, when no one has ever paid more than four firsts and a second for a QB, or those two weren't worth anything close to that value, because they didn't really make that much of a difference.

Talk about two trades on the complete opposite end of the spectrum - both of which from a value standpoint are seen by the majority in the league as a fleecing (Glen and mookie being the two getting fleeced in the opinion of the majority). That does absolutely nothing to prove Peters isn't a "difference maker".