Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 20 - Taco Bowl XX POSTED!)

7 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

giphy-downsized-medium.gif

Picks 10-12 have, on three separate occasions, been moved for 4 tags. 4-6 slots higher than that absolutely garners roughly another tag. 

2 minutes ago, swoosh said:

yeah, this

I've never seen a first rounder get moved for 5 tags

And you’ve never seen the #6 pick moved exclusively for tags either. So that doesn’t prove anything.

4 minutes ago, pwny said:

And you’ve never seen the #6 pick moved exclusively for tags either. So that doesn’t prove anything.

so how do you know he is paying over normal market value? 

Edited by swoosh

3 minutes ago, pwny said:

4-6 slots higher than that absolutely garners roughly another tag. 

Absolutely disagree with you. There is very rarely a true #1 in a draft that this would make sense for; outside of that first pick, it's usually a wash. Someone takes a guy at #2 that others would take at the bottom of the first, that doesn't mean the slot is more valuable unless the value is there.

1 minute ago, swoosh said:

so how do you know he is paying over normal market value? 

Because if the #10 pick routinely can go for 4 tags, and a 6th round pick routinely nets 1 tag. Spending higher on both of those and getting the same thing is higher than normal value.

1 minute ago, pwny said:

Because if the #10 pick routinely can go for 4 tags, and a 6th round pick routinely nets 1 tag. Spending higher on both of those and getting the same thing is higher than normal value.

that's your opinion, not market value. counselor and glen just set the market. 

3 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Absolutely disagree with you. There is very rarely a true #1 in a draft that this would make sense for; outside of that first pick, it's usually a wash. Someone takes a guy at #2 that others would take at the bottom of the first, that doesn't mean the slot is more valuable unless the value is there.

(Maybe poor valuations like this is why you haven’t been able to get over the hump in 11 seasons). 

3 minutes ago, swoosh said:

that's your opinion, not market value. counselor and glen just set the market. 

I have seasons of data backing me up. One overpay doesn’t reset the standard. 

It would be one thing if there were a small number of tags being offered up, but this season has at least 25 tags on offer, the highest in the 10 seasons I’ve been in the league. If anything, that depresses the value of an individual tag. 

Edited by pwny

4 minutes ago, pwny said:

(Maybe poor valuations like this is why you haven’t been able to get over the hump in 11 seasons). 

Maybe poor valuations like that are the reason I'm at the top of the wins board, since I've had, what, one losing season in 19 seasons? One of 3 owners with greater than 60% win rate for more than a handful of seasons? Maybe I'm doing something to not shoot myself in the foot?

Edited by RuskieTitan