Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 20 - Taco Bowl XX POSTED!)

1 minute ago, RuskieTitan said:

Out of my control. Thought we had discussed the possibility after his retirement announcement on how to remedy the situation for the owner. Oh well. Hope that no other owner has to deal with that.

You definitely got a crappy situation

But there were numerous interior DL who went in the 2nd-3rd. Maybe someone would have been open to trading the pick for Geno, which, in all essence, would be the "same" as you being able to tag Gronk. Idk if I remember you being crazy active in trying to acquire a pick there

Not trying to take away from the difficulty of the scenario, but its not like there were ZERO options and you were straight up robbed.. When a guy is pick 59, there were avenues available

1 minute ago, Tk3 said:

You definitely got a crappy situation

But there were numerous interior DL who went in the 2nd-3rd. Maybe someone would have been open to trading the pick for Geno, which, in all essence, would be the "same" as you being able to tag Gronk. Idk if I remember you being crazy active in trying to acquire a pick there

Not trying to take away from the difficulty of the scenario, but its not like there were ZERO options and you were straight up robbed.. When a guy is pick 59, there were avenues available

It is what it is. Sure, if I was hyper active, sought out willing trade partners to make a deal that didn't fleece me, it's possible I could have gotten him. There's a lot of hypothetical "coulda, shoulda, woulda" scenarios we can throw out there, but at the end of the day, his fate was ultimately out of my control compared to keepers, which was my main point. That train has left the station though. Here's team #Covid rooting for no season and Gronk retiring again lmao*

Kidding, I want there to be NFL.

Just now, RuskieTitan said:

Although I fully expect to lose to Glem in heartbreaking fashion due to a last minute TD grab by Gronk.

Glem actually built that old Knights team into a really decent roster

Glem needs more love for his GMing skills

13 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Out of my control. Thought we had discussed the possibility after his retirement announcement on how to remedy the situation for the owner. Oh well. Hope that no other owner has to deal with that.

I petitioned to change the rule to help you. But nobody wants to discuss these things, and there's a vocal group of owners who cry if you suggest maybe things be changed.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

Agreed. I was baffled at some of the guys who got drafted before him. I had it 

Gronk 

Waller

Hooper

Waller was the man I wanted, but I went with sim production in Ebron. Had Hooper above him, but I like a TE who can block.

Eric Ebron [16 GS]: 58 receptions for 767 yards (13.22 YPR, 37 LNG), 1 touchdown, 6 drops, 1 fumble. 21 pancakes

Austin Hooper [16 GS]: 64 receptions for 688 yards (10.75 YPR, 27 LNG), 2 touchdowns, 4 drops. 7 pancakes

There’s a few positions that value flipped on this draft and some teams grabbing some steals over these next rounds 

15 minutes ago, pwny said:

I petitioned to change the rule to help you. But nobody wants to discuss these things, and there's a vocal group of owners who cry if you suggest maybe things be changed.

I need you so bad tbh. But for real I got screwed in the keeper rule. Which would have been a great rule change. 

41 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

I had one draft pick - in the first round. I had traded a 6th to acquire Geno, and used 2 tags on him. If I had the opportunity to tag Gronk to retain him, I'd choose to do that and keep the 6th as well. I contemplated drafting him in the 1st, but after missing a full season, it would have just been a huge reach for nostalgia.

AB missed a full season bb

TY for not taking my TE

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

Glem actually built that old Knights team into a really decent roster

Glem needs more love for his GMing skills

I’m going 4-12 confirmed

Edited by Glen

54 minutes ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

I need you so bad tbh. But for real I got screwed in the keeper rule. Which would have been a great rule change. 

I got screwed when Nacho let you keep Aaron Donald after the deadline passed. 

• Like 3