Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone Mafia Game Thread: Game Over - Slytherin Wins

SwAg

Just now, JoshstraDaymus said:

I was onto y’all.

I was a framer. It may not have gone so well for you

I was very disappointed that none of my frames ACTUALLY worked, and in fact the closest thing to a frame wasn't even me when the entire town was like "Matts was OBVIOUSLY janitored, let's double down and risk the game on it!"

2 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

Surely town would realize that Malf was blatantly lying

If it was anyone other than malf I wouldn’t have waited 2 days to put him on blast.

Malf: “I’m Harry! Lynch dome!”

Dome: “Harry is dead.”

Malf: “Oh. Well then, let’s looks somewhere else. I’m still Harry btw”

Everyone: “It appears malf is Harry”

I admit the setup with Slytherin being the bad guys may have felt strange, but the first few books are more innocent and oriented toward children.  So, the antagonists were largely more innocent, but the theme of “Slytherin is the one that’s not alike the others” takes hold here, before being emphasized in Chamber of Secrets.  So, it’s what we had to work with.

The alternative was a 2-man scum faction with like six Independents.  Not sure it would have been better.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SwAg said:

I do have to say:  I typically project how I expect or anticipate a game to unfold, and I am usually at least somewhat accurate in that prediction.  This one really threw me for a loop.

That was the Rakyat game for me.

Hobo claiming Indy even though he was invest immune, Matts claiming 2-shot 4-shot ninja strongman doctor, mwil completely collapsing after getting caught with a non killing move

i was pretty shocked for the entire game.

1 minute ago, SwAg said:

I admit the setup with Slytherin being the bad guys may have felt strange, but the first few books are more innocent and oriented toward children.  So, the antagonists were largely more innocent, but the theme of “Slytherin is the one that’s not alike the others” takes hold here, before being emphasized in Chamber of Secrets.  So, it’s what we had to work with.

The alternative was a 2-man scum faction with like six Independents.  Not sure it would have been better.

I thought it was great.

2 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

How would that have worked with being incompetent and all

Would you have been able to get the correct information out of it?

I honestly have ZERO idea tbh. But, I remembered Nate Weston was the incompetent JOAT in SwAg's last Burn Notice game. I had an alignment comp, roleblock, kill, and something else that I now forget.

I was weighing whether or not the alignment comp would fail, and was going to throw out a pseudo bluff accusation at you the next day and gauge how you reacted if it wasn't a guilty, and then weigh the options.

@HoboRocket I'm curious as to your N1 decision to kill me as I had backed off of you without really pushing you about 12 hours before the deadline. I just assumed Biggio was vengeful and killed me. 

2 minutes ago, SwAg said:

I thought it was great.

My only disappointment was that my theory that Voldy/Quirrell were together wasn't true

Couldn't float it in-thread because it would betray that I thought it was 2-2-2 instead of 3-2-1. I had to maintain the 3-2-1 to stay in cover

4 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I honestly have ZERO idea tbh. But, I remembered Nate Weston was the incompetent JOAT in SwAg's last Burn Notice game. I had an alignment comp, roleblock, kill, and something else that I now forget.

I was weighing whether or not the alignment comp would fail, and was going to throw out a pseudo bluff accusation at you the next day and gauge how you reacted if it wasn't a guilty, and then weigh the options.

@HoboRocket I'm curious as to your N1 decision to kill me as I had backed off of you without really pushing you about 12 hours before the deadline. I just assumed Biggio was vengeful and killed me. 

Did you know your role was "incompetent"? or did you think you were a normal JOAT?

I was town and had a town wincon, but I could also win if I just did all my tasks

After I saw how y’all handled d1 when I didn’t have a vote I had to bail on the town wincon and just shoot to finish my tasks.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tk3 said:

I thought it was great.

My only disappointment was that my theory that Voldy/Quirrell were together wasn't true

Couldn't float it in-thread because it would betray that I thought it was 2-2-2 instead of 3-2-1. I had to maintain the 3-2-1 to stay in cover

The Game Wrap-Up post will explain Voldemort more.  He was a role in the game that Hobo could turn into.

Just now, SwAg said:

Tbh, I never imagined you all would have four deaths on D1, or that you all would be down Ron, Hermione, and Harry by the end of Day 2.

I was absolutely drooling when I saw the chance at 3 mislynches in a night

All of that being said, I ABSOLUTELY would have done the same thing as town though. The lynch is the most powerful civ tool, specifically because it is a death that has a __% chance of being scum, while a scum hit can only hit scum with a redirect or 2 faction crime on crime. Mathematically, I like the ability to maximize lynches, or at the very least see who tries to manipulate it at the end.