Week 4 Oakland Raiders (2-1) @ Denver Broncos (2-1) GDT

BayRaider

Just now, Silver&Black88 said:

Did you say that in preseason when Coop went up against 3 dudes and caught one?  Guy is in a slump.  Let's not act like he's been a bust this whole time.  Only Moss and OBJ had a better first 2 years span than him.  I get that he's playing like crap, but that doesn't change 2 years of play.  

Also, I wanted Big Cat. :)

I'm not saying he's a bust at all or anything close to one. I've been one of Coops biggest defenders on here up until the last two weeks, where he has just been indefensibly bad. But you're right, he has produced. He wasn't a bad pick by any means and I wasn't trying to insinuate that. All I said was the chemistry isn't there between him and Carr like you would expect a top 10 QB and his #1 WR to have established three years into playing together.

Theres no go to plays that Carr and Coop routinely make. There are no timing and rhythm plays where Carr can just throw to a spot and trusts Coop to be there, like he does with Crabtree all the time. That connection has just been disappointing and hasn't improved much, if at all, since Coops rookie year.

I still believe Coop has top ten WR talent and I'm not writing him off by any means. He has just been garbage this year. And if we are being real, his slump goes all the way back to about game 11-12 of last year.

I'm not too worried about this loss. We've played two road games against two tough teams. Yes, we didn't show up against Washington, but we always have one game a year like that. 2015 Week 1 vs Cincy and 2016 Week 6 vs KC. Denver was just a hard ugly fought road game against a good divisional rival that was favored to win. 

The only thing that concerns me at this point is Donald Penn. Sitting out part of TC has caused him to regress. If he doesn't return to form we could be in a world of hurt. The RT situation doesn't bother me too much. Newhouse isn't much worse than Austin Howard. Just like Howard, he's going to get wrecked by Top Pass Rushers like Von, Bosa, Kerrigan, Houston, etc. 

We will still win 10-11 games this season. If we lose to Baltimore we are in trouble but I'm confident we will take the win at home. 

Don't stress guys. At least not yet. 

2 hours ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Dude doesn't have answers, he just likes complaining for the hell of it.

the topic was if reggie was the man to take the raiders to the top of the legaue, i think the answers  are other one that have to say who was right, dont change the subject,

but cmon dont get mad , there many football feft :D

1 minute ago, latinraraiderfan 3 said:

the topic was if reggie was the man to take the raiders to the top of the legaue, i think the answers  are other one that have to say who was right, dont change the subject,

but cmon dont get mad , there many football feft :D

I aint mad, sometimes in the NFL, you get whooped.  Is just peculiar for someone to look forward to their team getting stomped so they can gloat is all. :D

29 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

I'm not saying he's a bust at all or anything close to one. I've been one of Coops biggest defenders on here up until the last two weeks, where he has just been indefensibly bad. But you're right, he has produced. He wasn't a bad pick by any means and I wasn't trying to insinuate that. All I said was the chemistry isn't there between him and Carr like you would expect a top 10 QB and his #1 WR to have established three years into playing together.

Theres no go to plays that Carr and Coop routinely make. There are no timing and rhythm plays where Carr can just throw to a spot and trusts Coop to be there, like he does with Crabtree all the time. That connection has just been disappointing and hasn't improved much, if at all, since Coops rookie year.

I still believe Coop has top ten WR talent and I'm not writing him off by any means. He has just been garbage this year. And if we are being real, his slump goes all the way back to about game 11-12 of last year.

Pretty spot on albeit slightly harsher than I feel.  Regardless, dude has to start getting it right.  I remember everyone and their mother swearing up and down that he was perfect during that draft.

4 minutes ago, Silver&Black88 said:

I aint mad, sometimes in the NFL, you get whooped.  Is just peculiar for someone to look forward to their team getting stomped so they can gloat is all. :D

no , i said , if the raiders win the superbowl and i am wrong , iam the happiest fan in the world ,  but didnt see that at the preseason y dont think its gonna happend , so i am mad , because of that , its nothing personal against reggie , just want to get to the top,  and i dont see it happend ...

i dont think he is going to take us theres, but lets wait ...

I mean, I don't think anyone in the league is expecting a Super Bowl for any of their teams.  Not even Pats fans (ok, maybe the obnoxious ones....Boston people...).  That's like saying "If you ain't first, you're last."

Also if you're hoping for a Super Bowl, that implies the team has been ascending according to your expectations. Unless you thought previous Raider teams were legit contenders, which I think its safe to assume no one did.  So then, if Reggie has taken the team from a top 5 pick to Super Bowl contenders in 3 or 4 years, why are you calling for his head?  You don't do that with GMs.  That's what Al Davis did with coaches and then no one wanted to coach here.  I'm fine with saying McKenzie has room to improve; he definitely does.  But calling for his head right now doesn't make sense.

2 hours ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Did you say that in preseason when Coop went up against 3 dudes and caught one?  Guy is in a slump.  Let's not act like he's been a bust this whole time.  Only Moss and OBJ had a better first 2 years span than him.  I get that he's playing like crap, but that doesn't change 2 years of play.  

Also, I wanted Big Cat. :)

Who did Cooper do that on though? Backups? I'm almost positive none of those players were any good and they all played it horribly. Which is my point, he will do great against average players. But not once have I seen him show up against a top 10 corner 

1 minute ago, TheMadStork said:

Who did Cooper do that on though? Backups? I'm almost positive none of those players were any good and they all played it horribly. Which is my point, he will do great against average players. But not once have I seen him show up against a top 10 corner 

I take that back. Marcus Peters first half in the rain. That's he ONLY time I can think of

38 minutes ago, TheMadStork said:

Simmons is an uber athletic guy that is not that good yet.  6'2" with a forty inch vert and his angle to the ball made it a lot easier for him to jump for the ball.  If you were ever a basketball player go back and watch the replay and you will understand.  He was up over three feet when he high pointed the ball.  Just a great play that 95% of DBs could not make over Cooper.  Cooper made a play to break up the pass but unfortunately ripped at the wrong arm.  If the pass is to the outside only Cooper could have got to it.  Bad game but we stayed in it the whole way.  If you would have told me in the beginning that we would be down our 1b WR, top 2 corners, starting QB for the second half and rushed for 24 yards on 15 carries I would have said we were going to lose by 5 TDs.  This is not a moral victory because a lot of stuff needs to be worked out but this team has the talent if it can put it back together.

1 hour ago, TheMadStork said:

His first TD in the league, he burnt Jimmy Smith .

Cmon now, yes Coop has sucked this year. But let's not downplay him too much

9 hours ago, Silver&Black88 said:

I mean, I don't think anyone in the league is expecting a Super Bowl for any of their teams.  Not even Pats fans (ok, maybe the obnoxious ones....Boston people...).  That's like saying "If you ain't first, you're last."

Also if you're hoping for a Super Bowl, that implies the team has been ascending according to your expectations. Unless you thought previous Raider teams were legit contenders, which I think its safe to assume no one did.  So then, if Reggie has taken the team from a top 5 pick to Super Bowl contenders in 3 or 4 years, why are you calling for his head?  You don't do that with GMs.  That's what Al Davis did with coaches and then no one wanted to coach here.  I'm fine with saying McKenzie has room to improve; he definitely does.  But calling for his head right now doesn't make sense.

man i love to have a work like reggie , nobody expet that you have to move to to the best, nobody cant ask for your head like in many  yers , and then you say no team is expected to be super bowl , yet you say the raiders are top 5 sp contender, 

anyway o dont want to tget mad a modertor so i just going to enjoy the season and then when the raiders  finish thee season , i amnot even going to questionhere, iknow  that at the end of your heads , you will still remember my works ....or you should :D, i will be happy with myself because we will be a tp 5 team or i was right since on what i have been sayin fron like 2 or 3 years xD

2 hours ago, Dessie said:

I noticed Luani was in on the first drive but didn't see him after that? 

I'll have to look back on Gamepass to see why he was in. 

Was it before or after amerson injury. Maybe nickel safety. Since sean smith had to play more outside corner.

Archived