Nick's All-NFL Rebuild Draft - Discussion Thread

Nick

I’ve passed on better players to try to be more realistic in my depth chart. There’s definitely better players at certain positions that I don’t have on my lost at that position. It feels weird though.

Like it’d be fun to have Julio, Odell, and Hopkins at WR but that kills it for me. Is anyone going that route? Lol

I’m also using this to start a franchise on Madden 21. I’ve only owned one Madden (Beckham on the cover) over the last 10 years (I had the ones with Vince and Shaun Alexander back in the day) so I figured this inspired me to get ‘21.

Edited by Tyronnosaurus

Just now, Tyronnosaurus said:

I’ve passed on better players to try to be more realistic in my depth chart.

Like it’d be fun to have Julio, Odell, and Hopkins at WR but that kills it for me. Is anyone going that route? Lol

I’m also using this to start a franchise on Madden 21. I’ve only owned one Madden (Beckham on the cover) over the last 10 years (I had the ones with Vince and Shaun Alexander back in the day) so I figured this inspired me to get ‘21.

Nah, If i wanted to be realistic I'd just do a 32 team madden draft. I'm tryna beat yall! 

I will say, it has been really difficult passing up what I consider better players at times because of a big need I had. Being at the ends of the draft I think forces that a bit. Also, Nick had a tendency of taking my players one pick before me multiple times >:(

• Like 1

So when the draft is done, I'll plug all the rosters into a madden sim (remember to keep your depth chart updated)

I was thinking about going balls out and simming 7 years so we can see who was really the best over that long period of time. I was thinking about simming and posting in 4 game blocks every few days.

I'm trying to wrap my brain around how to handle the off seasons, if I do that.

Here is what I was thinking:

1) Turn off the salary cap: trying to maneuver that with so many teams would give me a headache 

2) You can resign up to 3 of your own free agents every before every offseason begins.

3) You can put up to 5 bids on free agents

4) The draft.....yikes this is hard. I'm open to suggestions

5) Post draft Free Agents: You don't have to bid on those you just have to sign them. We could do a waiver wire system and people can sign players to fill out their roster after the draft.

Or do we not care that much and should I sim just one season? lol 

But I figured, we are putting this much time into it already, we would keep this interesting throughout the summer. 

11 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

So when the draft is done, I'll plug all the rosters into a madden sim (remember to keep your depth chart updated)

I was thinking about going balls out and simming 7 years so we can see who was really the best over that long period of time. I was thinking about simming and posting in 4 game blocks every few days.

I'm trying to wrap my brain around how to handle the off seasons, if I do that.

Here is what I was thinking:

1) Turn off the salary cap: trying to maneuver that with so many teams would give me a headache 

2) You can resign up to 3 of your own free agents every before every offseason begins.

3) You can put up to 5 bids on free agents

4) The draft.....yikes this is hard. I'm open to suggestions

5) Post draft Free Agents: You don't have to bid on those you just have to sign them. We could do a waiver wire system and people can sign players to fill out their roster after the draft.

Or do we not care that much and should I sim just one season? lol 

But I figured, we are putting this much time into it already, we would keep this interesting throughout the summer. 

That sounds like a lot of work for you tbh... I'd be down just to sim a season and we can all vote or judge however we are going to, on the rest. 

My starting 11 on defense is complete

DE: Chandler Jones (ARI)/(30)
DT: Fletcher Cox (PHI)/(29)
DT: Matt Ioannidis (WSH)/(25) 
DE: Danielle Hunter (MIN)/(25)

ILB: Eric Kendricks (Min)/(28)
WLB: Lavonte David (TB)/(30)

CB: Marlon Humphrey (BAL)/(24)
SS:  Landon Collins (WSH)/(26)
FS: Adrian Amos (GB)/(27)
CB: Darius Slay (PHI)/(29) 
Slot CB: JC Jackson (NE)/(24)

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

My starting 11 on defense is complete

DE: Chandler Jones (ARI)/(30)
DT: Fletcher Cox (PHI)/(29)
DT: Matt Ioannidis (WSH)/(25) 
DE: Danielle Hunter (MIN)/(25)

ILB: Eric Kendricks (Min)/(28)
WLB: Lavonte David (TB)/(30)

CB: Marlon Humphrey (BAL)/(24)
SS:  Landon Collins (WSH)/(26)
FS: Adrian Amos (GB)/(27)
CB: Darius Slay (PHI)/(29) 
Slot CB: JC Jackson (NE)/(24)

So everyone is copying me and running a 4-2-5 as base 

5 minutes ago, CHOMP_CHOMP said:

So everyone is copying me and running a 4-2-5 as base 

I think my base is going to still be 4-3-4  but my plan is to be malleable up front for a 3-3-5 look as well as two man fronts with guys like Von Miller doing some edge work