Nick's All-NFL Rebuild Draft - Discussion Thread

Nick

9 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

I think Jordan would be fine inside on pass downs.  Don't think I'd want him there every down tho in a 4-3 look 

Really my only point, he gets mauled as an every down DT. That’s why he doesn’t play there in real life lol. He is more effective as an edge player. 

HC - Mike Vrabel
OC - Greg Roman
DC - Brian Flores

QB - Lamar Jackson
RB - Clyde Edwards-Helaire
RB - D'Andre Swift
WR - DeAndre Hopkins
WR - Mike Evans
WR - Deebo Samuel
TE - Travis Kelce
LT - Andrew Thomas
LG - Trai Turner
C- Cody Whitehair
RG - Alex Cappa
RT - Lane Johnson

DE - Frank Clark
DT - Jeffery Simmons
DT - Jurrell Casey
DE - Yannick Ngakoue
LB - Rashaan Evans
LB - Jayon Brown
CB - Casey Hayward
CB - Patrick Peterson
NB - Justin Coleman
S - Juan Thornhill
S - Quandre Diggs

Coaches, offense, and defense are done(CEH and Swift are co-starters).

Pretty happy overall.  Got some guys I'm targeting for depth/flexibility, but should be fun to see how this team competes.

• Like 2

Just for shiggles I looked back at the Eagles roster from 7 years ago. There are only 6 players remaining from the 2013 Eagles. Zach Ertz, DeSean Jackson (who left and came back), Lane Johnson, Jason Kelce, Fletcher Cox and Brandon Graham. Then I went back 10 and found 2 players (Jackson and Graham) 

History tells us that no team assembled to today will look much like itself in 7-10 years. There will be some foundational pieces the same if you are lucky, but outside of a handful of guys, the window you are  building for is optimistically 3-4 years. 

7 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Just for shiggles I looked back at the Eagles roster from 7 years ago. There are only 6 players remaining from the 2013 Eagles. Zach Ertz, DeSean Jackson (who left and came back), Lane Johnson, Jason Kelce, Fletcher Cox and Brandon Graham. Then I went back 10 and found 2 players (Jackson and Graham) 

History tells us that no team assembled to today will look much like itself in 7-10 years. There will be some foundational pieces the same if you are lucky, but outside of a handful of guys, the window you are  building for is optimistically 3-4 years. 

To be fair, they are dealing with a smaller player pool. But theoretically, you are correct. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, NickChowaniec said:

Weird, I naturally want to give advice to you guys but I know we aren't finished yet lol.

Teams look really strong overall (and they should).

I'm building a team pretty similarly to how I would in BDL with a mix of first and second contract guys and very few over 30.

Absolutely no clue how that will translate to Madden.  

1 minute ago, Blue said:

It's also good to keep in mind that real teams have to deal with a salary cap and we aren't.

Well we do, kind of. I can finagle it to make it work in the Madden sim, but if your team is loaded with huge contracts, it is going to be a house of cards for you when I start the sim. 

2 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Well we do, kind of. I can finagle it to make it work in the Madden sim, but if your team is loaded with huge contracts, it is going to be a house of cards for you when I start the sim. 

Yeah, that's a good point.

8 minutes ago, Blue said:

Yeah, that's a good point.

I can turn off the cap for the actual seasons but as I construct the rosters it forces me to stay under the cap. So eventually, I'll have to release people, change their overall to really low, resign them to cheap 1 year contracts and then boost their rating back up. So some people will have a ton of expiring contracts after year 1. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I can turn off the cap for the actual seasons but as I construct the rosters it forces me to stay under the cap. So eventually, I'll have to release people, change their overall to really low, resign them to cheap 1 year contracts and then boost their rating back up. So some people will have a ton of expiring contracts after year 1. 

Just edit the contracts to vet min.  Way easier