Nick's All-NFL Rebuild Draft - Discussion Thread

Nick

10 minutes ago, Blue said:

The only reason I'm okay with Hunt listed as a guard here is because that's where Miami currently has him slotted.

I think if he ends up playing tackle instead, we may need to revisit that. It's a slightly risky pick in that regard.

It does appear Hunt is still listed at tackle officially. Sooooo...

Edited by Blue

Is he a guard or a tackle? Robert Hunt: the impressive 6-6 mountain of a man from Louisiana-Lafayette, has been projected by almost every scout during his pre-draft process as one of the best guard prospects in the 2020 NFL Draft. But when commissioner Roger Goodell read the Miami Dolphins Selection, the dolphins listed him as a Tackle—also listed by the team as a tackle on the official team site.

Definitely worth keeping an eye on.  But I still think it's more fluid than the Jonah situation, partially because Miami re-signed their RT from last season.

Yea so I didn’t draft him as a OG because of the rule sooooooo, I’m definitely not ok with him being played as a OG. He is listed as an OT on their official site. 

I mean I agree he is an OG and will play their, but I passed him specifically because he didn’t follow the rule and wasn’t listed as an OG. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

we should have just been able to play OL at any spot from the beginning. Want to play Cesar Ruiz at tackle? Go for it. Not a good idea but it’s your call.

I explained the purpose of the rule in the OP rather than simply stating the rule simply "Left tackles can only play left tackle." It worked as intended for the starters for 95% of us. I didn't think about the ramifications for depth or those who waiting to take guys who haven't played a down yet. 

I was intending to be lenient in situations like we're in because we're far past the point where the rule in question matters. I should have known better that this would happen and it's something I'll handle better in future iterations of this draft. 

I guess in trying to make something more fair I made things more complicated. Should have just let some idiot try and take 5 of the best left tackles instead of dealing with this kind of stuff lol.

• Like 1

Just now, NickChowaniec said:

I explained the purpose of the rule in the OP rather than simply stating the rule simply "Left tackles can only play left tackle." It worked as intended for the starters for 95% of us. I didn't think about the ramifications for depth or those who waiting to take guys who haven't played a down yet. 

I was intending to be lenient in situations like we're in because we're far past the point where the rule in question matters. I should have known better that this would happen and it's something I'll handle better in future iterations of this draft. 

I guess in trying to make something more fair I made things more complicated. Should have just let some idiot try and take 5 of the best left tackles instead of dealing with this kind of stuff lol.

It doesn’t bother me lol. Just thought I’d chime in.

8 minutes ago, festiveonion said:

Miami listed him at guard when they made their pick. If that’s too flimsy so be it 

I’m not going to be upset if I have to move him to tackle for consistency’s sake. 

I believe the commish announced him as a tackle, but teams aren't always consistent about whether they're announcing the player at their college position or where they plan on actually playing him.

Edited by Blue