Training Camp

turtle28

15 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Clamoring him by putting the whole season on his shoulder's isn't what Rivera will be doing to Haskins so I don't understand why would fans. 

If Haskins got hurt who TF would be starting and be the next man up? Allen more than likely so I think it does matter how everyone performs if they are thinking about making this Team. 

You are a master of putting words in people''s mouths. Kudos to you.

• Like 1

Clearly the phase "There's No I in TEAM" isn't something people on this forum understand when it comes to the game of Football.

Chase Young had Way more Hype than Haskins coming out of school yet Haskins is the Only guy that makes or breaks the season for all 53 men on a the roster. What if Young is a bust or gets hurt? What if injuries pile up on the Team? What if the Covid-19 changes effect other's outside of Haskins more than him? 

I don't buy that the season rides on 1 player for a whole Team. Especially when your team has No player playing Hall of Fame level football. Haskins isn't a Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Drew Brees nether was Cousins or do I see Lawrence or Feilds just coming in being. Building a Good/Great Football Team takes time. Especially with a Owner like Dan Snyder. A lot of you guys need to study the game more and understand what its takes to be Super Bowl contenders instead of consistency being Failures. 

A competent, experienced, multiple Super Bowl winning Bill Belichick was willing to let Tom Brady go for Jimmy G why because their a true Great Coach knows Any Player can be replaced at the right time. Even a Tom Brady because theirs no I in Team, yet there is a I in Leadership. Witch is what this Franchise has needed for a Long time. 

Edited by Skins212689

55 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

You said the season rides on how Haskins plays Yes or No?

I haven't heard or read Rivera say that 1 time.

So what words have I put in your mouth or anyone else's? 

I'm trying to find where I said that. I can't. I did say somewhere that if we suck, it's likely Dwayne wasn't very good either. But that's not apples to apples. And that wasn't recent. Maybe I am missing something. 

That said I am sure a lot of people would agree that the QB's shoulders bear more of the success and failures of a team than any other. 

44 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I'm trying to find where I said that. I can't. I did say somewhere that if we suck, it's likely Dwayne wasn't very good either. But that's not apples to apples. And that wasn't recent. Maybe I am missing something. 

That said I am sure a lot of people would agree that the QB's shoulders bear more of the success and failures of a team than any other. 

That's what I have problem with when it's 53 men on the roster. And I gave you a scenario in witch Haskins threw for 4 TD's, yet the D gave up 5 TD's. How is that L on Haskins? 

6 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

That's what I have problem with when it's 53 men on the roster. And I gave you a scenario in witch Haskins threw for 4 TD's, yet the D gave up 5 TD's. How is that L on Haskins? 

It’s not. But it’s unlikely to happen like that every game. And if it does, then yes it’s not on him. That said, do you disagree it falls on the QBs shoulders more than others? Why pay the big bucks if not? Not all 53 are created equal

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

Witch one is it Awful or Average? I don't want to hear that Life isn't fair BS. Put Facts where they need to be. Facts there's no I in Team. So I don't agree 1 Haskins determines the entire Team Winning or Losing. Especially when no Games have been played to prove that Theory. 

Haskins throws 4 TD's yet the defense gives up 5 TD's, how is that Haskins fault? Haskins doesn't play Defense. 

I’m not talking about wins & losses, in solely talking the evaluation of Haskins’s play. If he plays poorly this year - which is a BIG IF to me - but it’s possible and they’re picking top 3 again Washington will consider drafting Lawrence or Fields, you can disagree with that all you want, but they’ll consider it. Heck, they consider drafting Tua this year. 

18 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

It’s not. But it’s unlikely to happen like that every game. And if it does, then yes it’s not on him. That said, do you disagree it falls on the QBs shoulders more than others? Why pay the big bucks if not? Not all 53 are created equal

1st Haskins isn't getting paid big bucks and neither would the guy your replacing him with in either aka Lawrence or Field's. 

You nor I know what is to happen but we both know A HUGE change has been placed on ALL YOUNG PLAYER'S due to Covid so while your willing to only blame 1 Young QB I know he can't work for all Player's on the team. Like a LT, TE, and WR2. So with our Defense being the Teams Strongest, I'm depending on those 11 Men more than any group. 

Haskins can only do so much if Mclaruin is his only weapon on offense. They need more than just him on the offense side to improve. The Oline, a RB, a WR2, and a TE needs to be better than last year just like Haskins for the whole offense to Improve. 

6 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

1st Haskins isn't getting paid big bucks and neither would the guy your replacing him with in either aka Lawrence or Field's. 

You nor I know what is to happen but we both know A HUGE change has been placed on ALL YOUNG PLAYER'S due to Covid so while your willing to only blame 1 Young QB I know he can't work for all Player's on the team. Like a LT, TE, and WR2. So with our Defense being the Teams Strongest, I'm depending on those 11 Men more than any group. 

Haskins can only do so much if Mclaruin is his only weapon on offense. They need more than just him on the offense side to improve. The Oline, a RB, a WR2, and a TE needs to be better than last year just like Haskins for the whole offense to Improve. 

Again, reread what I wrote. You can evaluate an individuals play by watching the film and their snaps, and not just looking at stats. If the OL is bad & the weapons but for Terry, then Kyle Smith/Rivera should be able to tell on film that Haskins isn’t the problem.

The team should and will take the best player available like they did this year. You don’t pass on talent that is projected to be All-Pro. This past draft despite having just drafted Montez Sweat Washington took the best prospect on the - Chase Young - and it was the right move.

Edited by turtle28

12 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I’m not talking about wins & losses, in solely talking the evaluation of Haskins’s play. If he plays poorly this year - which is a BIG IF to me - but it’s possible and they’re picking top 3 again Washington will consider drafting Lawrence or Fields, you can disagree with that all you want, but they’ll consider it. Heck, they consider drafting Tua this year. 

You had a new regime coming in so I can understand that to some degree but with me just drafting Haskins had I been in charge any guy taken the job would've liked Haskins as prospect. Just like the Giants with Jones.

Haskins big plays still depend on the ability of the weapons he has around him and how they perform as well as him. Guys can't be dropping passes, having no run game, allowing pressure, ect. If Haskins is the Haskins we seen against Philly and Detroit no matter where they are picking it's not solely his fault is my argument. 

3 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Again, reread what I wrote. You can evaluate an individuals play by watching the film and their snaps, and not just looking at stats. If the OL is bad & the weapons but for Terry, then Kyle Smith/Rivera should be able to tell on film that Haskins isn’t the problem.

The team should and will take the best player available like they did this year. You don’t pass on talent that is projected to be All-Pro. This past draft despite having just drafted Montez Sweat Washington took the best prospect on the - Chase Young - and it was the right move.

My post wasn't to you unless your @MikeT14 as well. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skins212689 said:

You keep saying things and putting words in my mouth that I am not saying.

• Like 1

Ok, ok. Can we not make this thread about just Dwayne Haskins and the 2021 draft?

Come on, let’s talk about trading camp. It’s ridiculous that we are having these Haskins discussions now in two threads - this one & the Alex Smith thread - and really whether Haskins is our QB or not is tbd, and if everyone is being honest they should know that.