Training Camp

turtle28

So as training camp began, I didn’t expect KPL surfacing as not only a potential starter. But he has been one of the bright spots of camp and a name that continues to roll off the coach’s tongue when talking about players he’s been impressed with.

How impressive has Pierre-Louis been?  He’s been the one constant in camp starting at starting while they rotate other backers in/out.  Yes, it’s early in camp. Yes, we’ve seen camp stars fizzle before. And of course, coach Rivera hasn’t set a starting line up while outwardly speaking of competition and working different line up’s to see which combinations play well together.

So, I was curious about what Bears fans thought about KPL.  I took to an online NFL Group I belong to for answers.  Here were some of the responses I received:  “Big Motor”,  “He jumped off the screen when given a chance to play”, “Great Special Teams Player”, “A good LB, when Danny Trevathan was hurt, he stepped in and played great”, “Great job stepping in with his starts”, “solid LB who hasn’t found his place, stuck in a crowded LB group in Seattle”.

The certainty we have with Pierre-Louis is that we’ll have a special teams standout.  One thing I’ve learned as a fan over the years, coaches love special teams aces.  These guys are typically hard-working team guys and tough and they’re exactly the kind of guys coach Rivera wants on this team.