Training Camp

turtle28

On 8/24/2020 at 9:55 AM, turtle28 said:

So, Nate Solder opted out this season per family reasons. Andrew Thomas will be the Giants LT this year and while he’s a good prospect, I think Chase Young or Montez Sweat should have a field day against the Giants LT & RT this year. Their RT is also slated to be a rookie, 3rd rounder Matt Peart at the moment or Cameron Fleming.

Give him some time.  Andrew Thomas was the best prospect this year, and came out of a college and coach who churns out NFL caliber linemen.  I think Thomas will hold his own around the midpoint of the season.  Everyone is behind with Covid.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Has anyone heard what’s going on with Sean Davis? Is he hurt? Haven’t heard a word!

He's practicing but they really like Apke ! That's direct from M Phillips at the Richmond Times-Dispatch . I just emailed with him .

• Like 1

On 8/25/2020 at 11:47 PM, naptownskinsfan said:

Give him some time.  Andrew Thomas was the best prospect this year, and came out of a college and coach who churns out NFL caliber linemen.  I think Thomas will hold his own around the midpoint of the season.  Everyone is behind with Covid.  

I think a lot of people are going to struggle vs Sweat & Young this year. 

Which guy is near 30 in this picture and which one is just over 20?

You wouldn’t be able to tell by the end result. Chase Young is manhandling Washington’s blockers. I hope that’s more good news for Chase and less bad news for our protection of Haskins.

Cut day sneaking up,this coming Saturday so a week away.Ron said tomorrow is a important practice for it as it will be hard hitting.

Position battles seem interesting as Sounds like Christen has locked up the LT spot and Apke has got the FS spot.Also seems like Logan Thomas will be TE 1.Left Guard seems to be the most open battle with 4 people playing with 1's there in last 4 practices Martin,Garnett,Ishmeal,and today saw some Roulier at LG and Ishmeal at center.meanwhile the position battles for HB and LBer jobs seem more set to be by committee.

15 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Let me rephrase.......giving a 29 year old much playing time on a rebuilding squad doesn't seem like such a great idea, and not time that I would be investing in that player.  

True, it would be better long term if one of the young LBs started - Foster, Holcomb or SDH - but I’m sure Rivera/DelRio will play the best option.

49 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

http://sports.yahoo.com/injury-jonathan-allen-helped-sideline-151806595.html

Unless our luck has changed - I'm sure it's an ACL .

I’m worried about it too, but JP Finlay said they just had it wrapped after practice, I heard nothing of ice or anything which is a good sign, but we’ll have to see.

Edited by turtle28