Training Camp

turtle28

3 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I'm trying to find where I said that. I can't. I did say somewhere that if we suck, it's likely Dwayne wasn't very good either. But that's not apples to apples. And that wasn't recent. Maybe I am missing something. 

That said I am sure a lot of people would agree that the QB's shoulders bear more of the success and failures of a team than any other. 

I know that I've said that if we are in a position to draft Lawrence or Fields, it is because Haskins isn't very good and not the future of the team.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I know that I've said that if we are in a position to draft Lawrence or Fields, it is because Haskins isn't very good and not the future of the team.  

Somehow it’s translating to me saying Haskins is awful and everything is his fault (even though I haven’t)

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I'd argue that wouldn't be 100% true as we're going into the season with what could argue is the 32 best in Football based on production,Think he could improve and O still suck if people around him doesn't step up.I think if Lawrence is on the board when we pick the team would pick him,at Moment I don't think they would take Fields(Since he isn't likely to play this year)becuase of only starting one year think Ron would go after a vet before a rookie not named Lawrence.

4 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

You keep saying things and putting words in my mouth that I am not saying.

And you keep saying the dame NS instead of clarifying your point of view. Ether you agree with Team philosophy or your gonna blame Haskins for anything that goes wrong. Pick one please sir. 

25 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

And you keep saying the dame NS instead of clarifying your point of view. Ether you agree with Team philosophy or your gonna blame Haskins for anything that goes wrong. Pick one please sir. 

You're giving me unreasonable spectrum options for something irrelevant to the conversation. I like how I am saying the "NS" in your eyes lol. I agree with Rivera's philosophies: be on time, pay attention and play like hell

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I think Lawrence is overrated.  Fields is definitely overrated.

If we end up with a top 2 pick and the blame can't clearly be laid at Haskins' feet, I would much rather draft Sewell or trade back for a haul.

I don’t think either are overrated, if that’s the case then you must have thought Haskins was overrated too, bc Fields was better than Haskins at Ohio State and Lawrence is just nearly flawless as a prospect.

16 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I don’t think either are overrated, if that’s the case then you must have thought Haskins was overrated too

Haskins was never seriously considered as a top 3 pick.  Neither should Fields, who has a lot to improve on in classic drop-back situations.

17 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Lawrence is just nearly flawless as a prospect.

Look past the hype.

9 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Haskins was never seriously considered as a top 3 pick.  Neither should Fields, who has a lot to improve on in classic drop-back situations.

Look past the hype.

Talk to me in 5 years, we’ll see where he’s at. He’s only 20 years old. He’s going to improve even over where he is now. He’s got the size and tools to be a great NFL QB. Anyone can put together a lowlight clip of what a player sucks at and needs to improve on.