Training Camp

turtle28

8 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Talk to me in 5 years, we’ll see where he’s at. He’s only 20 years old. He’s going to improve even over where he is now. He’s got the size and tools to be a great NFL QB. Anyone can put together a lowlight clip of what a player sucks at and needs to improve on.

I never said he didn't have the potential to be great.  I said he was overrated, evidenced by your comment that he's "nearly flawless as a prospect".  That's just not true.  The video above isn't "lowlights"; it's evidence of real struggles he has that people will overlook until draft season comes around.

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Talk to me in 5 years, we’ll see where he’s at. He’s only 20 years old. He’s going to improve even over where he is now. He’s got the size and tools to be a great NFL QB. Anyone can put together a lowlight clip of what a player sucks at and needs to improve on.

Talk to you in 5 years means more like 4 years after being selected in the draft? So why does Lawrence get more time to develop oppose to Haskins? 

Your already ready to get rid of Haskins if the Team ends up in position to draft Lawrence. 

40 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Talk to you in 5 years means more like 4 years after being selected in the draft? So why does Lawrence get more time to develop oppose to Haskins? 

Your already ready to get rid of Haskins if the Team ends up in position to draft Lawrence. 

There’s a 5th year option. I and others have answered the other point. I’m not living in your Groundhog Day.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

I hope Rivera is living what I'm talking about it. Your way definitely gets us no Super Bowl. 

It all depends man. You’re assuming a heck of a lot. You’re assuming that Haskins is definitely the answer - I want him to be the answer - but it’s something we don’t know right now. We have to keep our option open in case he isn’t the answer. That’s all any of us are saying. You can’t be closed minded with any position or even with Rivera and his coaching staff theirselves. It’s like with Gruden, Snyder/Allen kept him around bc he was doing just good enough not to fire. Well we all know that wasn’t good enough. 

The process to get to a Super Bowl is a long one, you need players to be developed and to execute. You need to make changes if things aren’t working. All of that is to be determined. You certainly can not get locked onto a man crush Just because you like them if they aren’t getting the job done, and all of that is to be determined.

Now can we talk about Training Camp? This thread is supposed to be about Training camp? If you want to have this discussion, take it to the Haskins thread or start a new thread.

So, Nate Solder opted out this season per family reasons. Andrew Thomas will be the Giants LT this year and while he’s a good prospect, I think Chase Young or Montez Sweat should have a field day against the Giants LT & RT this year. Their RT is also slated to be a rookie, 3rd rounder Matt Peart at the moment or Cameron Fleming.

Edited by turtle28

53 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

It all depends man. You’re assuming a heck of a lot. You’re assuming that Haskins is definitely the answer - I want him to be the answer - but it’s something we don’t know right now. We have to keep our option open in case he isn’t the answer. That’s all any of us are saying. You can’t be closed minded with any position or even with Rivera and his coaching staff theirselves. It’s like with Gruden, Snyder/Allen kept him around bc he was doing just good enough not to fire. Well we all know that wasn’t good enough. 

The process to get to a Super Bowl is a long one, you need players to be developed and to execute. You need to make changes if things aren’t working. All of that is to be determined. You certainly can not get locked onto a man crush Just because you like them if they aren’t getting the job done, and all of that is to be determined.

Now can we talk about Training Camp? This thread is supposed to be about Training camp? If you want to have this discussion, take it to the Haskins thread or start a new thread.

I'm not assuming anything. The thinking that 1 man is to blame for a loss that None of Us have seen is bogus. 

I think like a Real Good GM while a lot of you guy's appear to go for Favorite player and UnFair analysis.

No one answered my scenario of Haskins throwing 4 TD's yet the Defense gave up 5 TD's so how is that L on Haskins? No one touched my Bill Belichick real life scenario of him willing to let go of Tom Brady for Jimmy G. Showing a Great Coach knows the TEAM isn't just about 1 guy. He was ready to let go of a All Time Great for Jimmy G. 

Lawrence will still need a LT, WR2, RB, and TE. That's logically for any QB to Succeed. Yet a lot of you here seem not understand that when concerning Haskins. Your expecting a 2nd year player to do it all by himself instead of calling out coaches and general managers for not providing him with the pieces to get the job done.

Your Logic is dumb and why this team is what it has been for so long. It's missing Leadership from People who actually know how to win on the field. Aka why this Franchsie hasn't won a Super Bowl since when? Continue with the excuses and Life isn't fair theory and I GUARANTEE they stay without another Super Bowl for another 20-40 year's. 

1 hour ago, ovfd55 said:

He’s a beast, and I love seeing that great ball by Haskins and also Stroman had great coverage, yes, Terry made a great play but that coverage by Stroman was superb. If that’s the type of coverage we’re getting from our 5th or if we keep 6 corners, that’s a very good sign too.

1 hour ago, ovfd55 said:

It must be August bc Cam Sims is impressing the coaching staff in practice. 😂 

I really hope Cam can develop and prove enough where he’s our 3rd or 4th best WR. I would think Inman is infront of him though at this point w/ Terry & Steven Sims being the #1 & 2. I haven’t heard much about Trey Quinn or the UDFA’s like Wright and Johnathan Johnson.

I love to hear that Apke & SDH are impressing in practice. Haven’t heard much about Khaleke Hudson or the other LBs tbh except for Foster and that Thomas Davis is a leader.

I’d really like to know more about how the linebacker group is shaping up but no one is really reporting on it that I’ve seen.