Training Camp

turtle28

Charles and Ismael are also bonded by the time they spent with offensive line guru Duke Manyweather, who trained about 20% of the offensive linemen invited to this year's NFL Scouting Combine. Manyweather, known throughout the league as one of the best private offensive line coaches, went into detail about each rookie in an interview with the Washington team site, expressing confidence that both players will excel whenever their opportunity arises.

"I really think the sky's the limit for both of them," Manyweather said. "They're both young. They both left school early. They both, I think, accomplished probably all that they can accomplish athletically at their respective universities. What was really cool about working with them, and still working, is that they come to work every day. They don't shy away from the work."

Charles initially planned on returning to Dallas after the draft, but because of the novel coronavirus, he has spent the past few months with former Pro Bowl tackle Willie Anderson in Atlanta. Ismael reunited with Manyweather in mid-May and trained there over the next few months.

"I just want to learn, I guess you could say, just how to be the best pro possible," Ismael said in his introductory videoconference with the local media in May. "[Manyweather's] trained so many guys, so many top-tier guys over the past couple of years. ...He's just a walking encyclopedia...so whatever I can take and learn and grow just to take my game to the next level, I want to try to get that."

Edited by turtle28