Training Camp

turtle28

"He hit us with a pretty big message this morning," McLaurin told reporters Thursday. "Not to get all the way into it, but just the way that we come out onto the field every day is something that we can control. Our attitude, our preparation and our effort are some things we can control on a day-to-day basis, and we're going to be a physical football team that attacks people on both sides of the ball, and it starts out front with our offensive and defensive line."

Speaking before McLaurin, defensive end Montez Sweat mentioned the same three words: attitude, preparation and effort. Rivera reiterates them daily, Sweat said, in addition to preaching about the importance of becoming a family.

An unprecedented offseason has complicated Rivera's first season in Washington, but his principles to create a sustainable, winning culture have remained the same.

"That's what you want to hear out of a coach," McLaurin said. "That's kind of what I've been accustomed to with my background with football, just that attack style of play. I think it's going to suit us well as long as everyone continues to do what we've been doing so far, allowing ourselves to be coached and continue working to be better. I feel like we can make the strides necessary to be ready for Week 1."

1 hour ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

I was listening to the Terry McLaurins interview. He’s was very impressive, smart and has a good head on his shoulders. I wish this guy so much success in his career. Glad he’s on our team. He is DEFINITELY the kind of guy you root for to do well. 

Yeah man definitely. I wish Josh Doctson had the drive that Terry & Mike Thomas have, if Doctson had that drive we’d have a #1 in Terry and a #2 in Doctson right now playing opposite him.

I said to this that we all knew what Apke was when we drafted him. He was a player who was gifted athletically but needed a few years of development. It’s why most of us thought we drafted Apke a round or two too high. I like his potential. Manusky and company actually seemed to do a decent job of developing Apke I thought as when Apke played last year he seemed to outplay Nicholson.

In retrospect, we should have cut Nicholson after the girl overdosed at his house & Apke should’ve started at FS the 2nd hlf of last year. If that had happened - like it should of - we’d know if he could be the Long term option or not & we may have never had to sign S. Davis. I believe this could be the year for Apke to break out. It should be a good competition between him & Sean Davis.

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I said to this that we all knew what Apke was when we drafted him. He was a player who was gifted athletically but needed a few years of development. It’s why most of us thought we drafted Apke a round or two too high. I like his potential. Manusky and company actually seemed to do a decent job of developing Apke I thought as when Apke played last year he seemed to outplay Nicholson.

In retrospect, we should have cut Nicholson after the girl overdosed at his house & Apke should’ve started at FS the 2nd hlf of last year. If that had happened - like it should of - we’d know if he could be the Long term option or not & we may have never had to sign S. Davis. I believe this could be the year for Apke to break out. It should be a good competition between him & Sean Davis.

I like what I see on film out of Davis. I think he could honestly be a steal for us

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

I like what I see on film out of Davis. I think he could honestly be a steal for us

Yeah, he’s a good but not great safety. I hope he plays well enough for us where we want to sign him long term bc I’d love that.

40 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Yeah, he’s a good but not great safety. I hope he plays well enough for us where we want to sign him long term bc I’d love that.

FS should really benefit from our Dline #'s wise whomever that ends up being

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ripsean21 said:

I mean he clearly worked his tail off to get back he seems humbled we will see. Ultra talented who knows and if we get anything at this point it’s a bonus can’t expect anything but hopefully it clicks for him here

Yeah, I just hope Foster gets and stays healthy like Jaylon Smith did once he got healthy. I’m very surprised he’s off PUP already, I figured that wouldn’t happen till sometime during the season. He’s the most natural talent Lb we’ve had since Lavar Arrington.