Training Camp

turtle28

Fuller - Not elite speed. 4.48 40 time is the best I can find . A bit worrisome against the outside speed guys .

He is one of those players that seem to play above their measurables . I'm kinda on the fence over the signing to be honest. I know we had to get help from somewhere . 

4 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I haven't followed along through the pages, has anyone mentioned how Dwayne Haskins looks during camp? I know he has worked hard all offseason, but is it translating to the field?

No, the reporters are too busy being mesmerized and inspired by Alex Smith.  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I haven't followed along through the pages, has anyone mentioned how Dwayne Haskins looks during camp? I know he has worked hard all offseason, but is it translating to the field?

All I've read is the notion of "competition" is a joke . He's clearly Number One .

52 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Yesterday or Monday. Whichever was the first day of 7 on 7 drills. He wasnt looking sharp at the start. But expect it was because it was the first day back facing a defense.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

Fuller - Not elite speed. 4.48 40 time is the best I can find . A bit worrisome against the outside speed guys .

He is one of those players that seem to play above their measurables . I'm kinda on the fence over the signing to be honest. I know we had to get help from somewhere . 

A 40 time of 4.48, is not slow. He’s 5’11, 198 lbs, his size is good too. He didn’t participate in the NFL combine bc of his torn ACL.

Jamming a WR w/in 5 yards is how slow down their speed off the line and them getting into their route. Our DB coach said we’ll be doing that more than in years past.

NFL.com Fantasy compares Fuller’s play last year to Marcus Peters, I don’t know who wouldn’t take that!

https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/kendall-fuller/

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

A 40 time of 4.48, is not slow. He’s 5’11, 198 lbs, his size is good too. He didn’t participate in the NFL combine bc of his torn ACL.

Jamming a WR w/in 5 yards is how slow down their speed off the line and them getting into their route. Our DB coach said we’ll be doing that more than in years past.

NFL.com Fantasy compares Fuller’s play last year to Marcus Peters, I don’t know who wouldn’t take that!

https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/kendall-fuller/

Plus I think Fuller is one of those guys that are as fast in pads as out. Where a lot of guys do lose time. Mainly for CBs and WRs due to builds. Always looked like Fuller was just as fast as any likely due to that.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Plus I think Fuller is one of those guys that are as fast in pads as out. Where a lot of guys do lose time. Mainly for CBs and WRs due to builds. Always looked like Fuller was just as fast as any likely due to that.

I like to think of them as Competitive Speed guys,Theres guy who run fast 40 that aren't fast,and there are the competitive guys who might run a 4.5 but would run a 4.3 covering someone running a 4.3.Jerry Rice and Emmit Smith both ran slow 40s and both will ask how often did you see someone catch me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Yeah, kind of like S.Sims, they have fluid hips, so when they change directions they aren’t losing speed. It’s why Fuller was good as a slot corner and guys like S.Sims are good as a slot WR. Terry also is very fluid.

1 hour ago, ovfd55 said:

I like to think of them as Competitive Speed guys,Theres guy who run fast 40 that aren't fast,and there are the competitive guys who might run a 4.5 but would run a 4.3 covering someone running a 4.3.Jerry Rice and Emmit Smith both ran slow 40s and both will ask how often did you see someone catch me.

Angles matter too. It was hard to catch guys like that bc is their quickness and the angles they would take to outrun a guy who was faster and chasing them. You can always run at an angle away from defenders, Rice & Smith did this often when they were in the open field.

Is Baugh gonna ball out? I attribute this to him knowing Turner’s offense bc he was in Carolina last year. He was decent at Ohio State, more of a blocker but Ohio State when Meyer was there rarely used the TEs in the passing game, so maybe he shocks the world... 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

Haskins has looked good. I’ll find some tweets that talk about it.