Where do you draw the line?

Warhorse

1 hour ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Also, calling BS on most people here who have put BB as the coach. You're telling us that if Belchick left NE to come and coach your team, you would renounce your fandom to that team?...

tenor.gif

If my team hired the greatest GM/coach of all-time then I would absolutely disown them because.........give me a second of think of a good reason.......B|

The only legit reason I could see anyone not get excited about Belichick joining their favorite team would be because they felt like he has run his course and his philosophy is out-dated and not kept up with modern times.  Which happens alot with older coaches and it could very well happen to Belichick. 

That aside though, it 2020, everyone would be lying if they said they would be upset if Belichick chose to be their GM/coach. 

• Like 1

The answer to the first two questions is the same:

I draw the line at.... if the Colts brought in a player or a coach to not help the team but to make a political statement with which I disagree, I would stop supporting the team.  And I was seriously considering drawing the line if they did it to make a political statement with which I agree.  IMO, it's football and part of the reason I watch is to escape real life for a few hours. 

As far as moving around.  Since the Colts have moved to Indy, I've lived in Central Indiana, San Diego, California, Georgia, Northern Indiana, Hi Desert California and Kansas and I'm still a Colts fan, so if I move again or the Colts move, I will still be a Colts fan.

21 hours ago, Daniel said:

Because Ben is a rapist and Hill is a child abuser?  Is this not common knowledge?

Actually there are a lot of reports that Hill is not a child abuser and he didn't have anything to do with his son's injury.  

So, no it's not common knowledge, it is a common misconception though.

On 6/8/2020 at 11:14 PM, Warhorse said:

Ok, so here is the drill. Where do you draw the line? Do you have a line? Can you put your fandom to a standard that cannot be crossed?

Question 1 - Is there a player, past or present, that if added to your team, that you would renounce the following of your team? 

Question 2 - Is there a coach, past or present, that if added to your team, that you would renounce the following of your team?

Question 3 - Sometimes we have to move geographically, to another town which has a different team than you follow. You can't afford to travel to watch your former team. Is there a team out there that you simply could not.....ever.....follow, even if they were in your back yard and a friend or family member offered to share seats with you for free?

1. No. 

2. No. 

3. I've never lived in SF as it is, so the location of myself or the team is largely meaningless. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, coffeedrinker said:

Actually there are a lot of reports that Hill is not a child abuser and he didn't have anything to do with his son's injury.  

So, no it's not common knowledge, it is a common misconception though.

No, he's not a child abuser, he's just the guy who battered and choked his pregnant girlfriend while in college. 

He's garbage who shouldn't be in the NFL. Period. 

• Like 1