Browns General Discussion

candyman93

Just a reminder-

“Free agency opens at the start of the new league year, on Wednesday, March 15 at 4 p.m. ET.

Of course, the NFL's "legal tampering" period takes place two days before the start of the new league year. Frequently, handshake deals are made, but no deal can become official until the start of the new league year.”

Edited by candyman93
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

They also were 11th in the league in YPC.  They can run the ball if forced to do so.

No one is saying we have to be elite against the run, but we need to be competent.

I mean… Steph Curry can get to the basket but that’s not what teams are afraid of

6 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Titans are looking to job Henry and now this comes out-

People still believing in running the ball probably still think you win with big guys and low post offense in the NBA.

Nahhhhh

Chubb will still have over 240 carries if healthy. 

but I do agree we are going to get some speed in the draft. 

8 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I mean… Steph Curry can get to the basket but that’s not what teams are afraid of

I get that, but ignoring the run game led to losses against lesser teams.  We lost to the falcons, bills, and chargers almost entirely due to our run defense.  You can throw the Ravens, Steelers and Dolphins games in there as our run defense was a big reason we lost.

If we can’t win enough games to make the playoffs our ability to beat the chiefs is pretty irrelevant.

22 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

People still believing in running the ball probably still think you win with big guys and low post offense in the NBA.

It’s not a white or black situation.  There’s a massive grey area you’re insisting on dismissing.

We had the worst run defense by some metrics in the last decade and a half at one point last season.  Saying “we can’t be record book awful against the run” does not equal “we have to invest heavily in 2 down run stuffers to be great against the run”.

6 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

It’s not a white or black situation.  There’s a massive grey area you’re insisting on dismissing.

We had the worst run defense by some metrics in the last decade and a half at one point last season.  Saying “we can’t be record book awful against the run” does not equal “we have to invest heavily in 2 down run stuffers to be great against the run”.

It wouldn’t hurt. We need professional Lbs to go with it though. Not these scrubs and jags we’ve been putting out there. 

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Then Stefanski goes, Chubb goes, and Watson has to put the team on his shoulders in 2024, which he probably can’t do, and they blow it all up in 2026 when we have an out with Watson’s contract.

I’m downright sour on Berry. He can go too.

42 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

It wouldn’t hurt. We need professional Lbs to go with it though. Not these scrubs and jags we’ve been putting out there. 

I don’t think we invest heavily (second rounder or high priced FA) in 2 down players, but yeah, I agree. If we can find some dude on day 3 who’s a stud against the run, go for it.

I get run stuffers on the DL and at LB have been devalued, but that doesn’t mean they have no value.

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Then Stefanski goes, Chubb goes, and Watson has to put the team on his shoulders in 2024, which he probably can’t do, and they blow it all up in 2026 when we have an out with Watson’s contract.

I’m downright sour on Berry. He can go too.

I think that game against Pittsburgh maybe isn’t a great reflection of anything.  Like, they clearly wanted to get Watson some throws and there’s no point in risking injury to Chubb tbh.

People are constantly freaking out that we may pass the ball despite Stefanski consistently having a solid ground game.

• Like 1