Browns General Discussion

candyman93

42 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

All wr are bottom for where they are 

Cooper a mid to low end no.1 dpj low end 2. 

Bell a very low end 3

Woods a 4

Grant not a wr 

Statistically Cooper was 11th in yards, 5th in TD, 11th in yards per catch and 7th in 1st downs. He was a top 10 WR last year.

DPJ was 30th in yards, 23rd in yards per catch, only 3 TD and 33 1st downs (42nd).

Great numbers for low end at their spots.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Statistically Cooper was 11th in yards, 5th in TD, 11th in yards per catch and 7th in 1st downs. He was a top 10 WR last year.

DPJ was 30th in yards, 23rd in yards per catch, only 3 TD and 33 1st downs (42nd).

Yeah Cooper is a bonafide #1 receiver.  Stats aside, he does everything you want a #1 guy to do.  He’s able to consistently get open and make plays at all 3 levels and in the red zone. 

I’m bullish on DPJ and think he’s got a ton of ability. I think he tops out as a solid #2 type.  

All that positive stuff said, that’s it at WR.  The rest of those dudes are nobodies and question marks.  We were lucky last season that neither Cooper or DPJ missed significant time as we don’t have anyone to step into their roles.

9 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

If you take cooper and dpj stats over a 2 year period 

Cooper is a low 1

Dpj could not make either Kc or Cincinnati that pretty much is the state of the Browns. 

To compare the Browns when we put 50 on the Steelers and 40 on Dallas Landry had as good a year as Cooper 

Mayfield was clearly better then leshaun 2022.

Obj verses dpj I rest my case.

Silence is golden .Its Friday Dancing GIF by Vivid People Disco

50 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah Cooper is a bonafide #1 receiver.  Stats aside, he does everything you want a #1 guy to do.  He’s able to consistently get open and make plays at all 3 levels and in the red zone. 

I’m bullish on DPJ and think he’s got a ton of ability. I think he tops out as a solid #2 type.  

All that positive stuff said, that’s it at WR.  The rest of those dudes are nobodies and question marks.  We were lucky last season that neither Cooper or DPJ missed significant time as we don’t have anyone to step into their roles.

Can't argue about anyone past Cooper and DPJ. They both had good yards per reception and catches per target rates.

Everyone else... non-existent.

We will likely need to find Cooper's replacement and if DPJ has another good year it may be tough to resign him so WR certainly has to be on the radar even beyond depth and the future but you could do much worse than those as you 1 and 2.

• Like 2

Cooper is a solid #1.

DPJ is a fringe #2 that's continued to get better each year and I hope they try to work out an extension before the season with him quite frankly, because he's a guy who could explode this year.

Past those 2 with Njoku is a capable to very good TE, you can literally get rid of every other WR that we have and I wouldn't miss a wink of sleep.

I think DPJ is a solid #2 with room to grow into being a good/very good #2. But yeah, not much beyond he and Cooper. Gotta hope a guy like Bell or Woods steps up. Or Schwartz, but I have no expectations for him at this point.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Can't argue about anyone past Cooper and DPJ. They both had good yards per reception and catches per target rates.

Everyone else... non-existent.

We will likely need to find Cooper's replacement and if DPJ has another good year it may be tough to resign him so WR certainly has to be on the radar even beyond depth and the future but you could do much worse than those as you 1 and 2.

Completely agree which im so eager to get a guy who at least profiles physically as a starting receiver. Maybe they develop, maybe they don’t but I’d take my chances with that as opposed to some try hards and bargain bin FAs.

• Like 1

This team was in "win now" mode when they traded Baker after deciding not to re-sign him.

They then mortgaged the future in the draft pick and cap realm with the Watson trade and effectively went "ALL IN".

...so yeah, I have a hard time buying into us splitting the difference now when it comes to making a run in free agency and even potentially via the draft.

8 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

This team was in "win now" mode when they traded Baker after deciding not to re-sign him.

They then mortgaged the future in the draft pick and cap realm with the Watson trade and effectively went "ALL IN".

...so yeah, I have a hard time buying into us splitting the difference now when it comes to making a run in free agency and even potentially via the draft.

I think the draft is where you hedge your bets to some degree.  Trade back, bring in half a dozen guys in rounds 2-4 every year who can provide solid bottom of the roster depth initially and hopefully develop into starting caliber players as their contract progresses. 

Teams like the Steelers and Ravens have literally been doing this for decades.

• Like 1