Browns General Discussion

candyman93

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Same damned thing we’ve been doing.  He won’t get open.  If he does he won’t catch it.  If he does he’ll fumble it.”

Troy Williamson was equally as garbage, but he consistently forced safety coverage over the top. It doesn’t matter how bad the player is—NFL DC’s gotta respect speed. You can’t bank on the dude dropping the ball, even if it’s a 70/30 drop chance.

I think that he’s gonna draw those looks consistently, even though he sucks. I would love to upgrade there and find a burner worth more than what Schwartz offers, but out of the guys on the roster, he’s still got the most upside despite his undesirable beginnings. He’s like 22-23 years old still. I’m not ready to crucify him just yet. Especially if we’re asking him to be WR6. 

10 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Jerome Ford hurt his hamstring. Looking like a golden opportunity for Felton.

We need to sign a second tier runner though. I miss D’Ernest for situations like this.

Felton may carve out a third down outside the tackles role but he can’t actually be a ZBS runner. 

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

We need to sign a second tier runner though. I miss D’Ernest for situations like this.

Felton may carve out a third down outside the tackles role but he can’t actually be a ZBS runner. 

I’d look at Caleb Huntley or Master Teague for a tryout. If we need experience, Leonard Fournette is out there.

Edited by candyman93

12 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I’d look at Caleb Huntley or Master Teague for a tryout. If we need experience, Leonard Fournette is out there.

Zeke as well. Could be some camp casualties too. We don’t need a ringer just a capable 2 IMO.

13 hours ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Troy Williamson was equally as garbage, but he consistently forced safety coverage over the top. It doesn’t matter how bad the player is—NFL DC’s gotta respect speed. You can’t bank on the dude dropping the ball, even if it’s a 70/30 drop chance.

I think that he’s gonna draw those looks consistently, even though he sucks. I would love to upgrade there and find a burner worth more than what Schwartz offers, but out of the guys on the roster, he’s still got the most upside despite his undesirable beginnings. He’s like 22-23 years old still. I’m not ready to crucify him just yet. Especially if we’re asking him to be WR6. 

So Williamson is a fine comp as far as role, but Williamson also had more than twice as many receiving yards in his rookie season as Schwartz has in his career.  There were at least flashes of ability.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m in the same hopeful boat as you.  I realize he’s young, speed can’t be taught and has to be respected, etc., but at some point there’s a **** or get off the pot moment and I feel like we’re there.  It’s year 3 and his roster spot has to be earned.  Maybe he does that by playing great on special teams, providing juice on the ground, being a deep threat, etc and that’s fine, but I personally wouldn’t keep giving him a roster spot based on potential at this point.  Gotta show me something.

1 hour ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Doubt we find a better candidate than what we have in JOK/Walker. I would love a true WLB so that we could play JOK at SLB, but I don’t think that’s the plan. 

It’ll probably have to happen after pre season cuts. No one out there is really worth a damn right now.