Browns General Discussion

candyman93

46 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

It’s worth a shot. I’m not expecting cribbs but I’m sick of watching guys get stuffed the second the catch the kick or drop it 

yep, Im over taking random guys with no return background like DPJ and having them learn return duties and holding my breath each time that they just field the ball correctly and not muff it for a turnover.

that, and on punt returns having a really good player back there who can get big chunks of yards to flip the field and help control the field position game would be awesome.

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Browns fans are so emotionally desperate for a Josh Cribbs that they ignore how insane it is to have a 30 year old with Achilles damage returning kicks.

Not even a Josh Cribbs though, just average. Just someone who can give us great field position to work with and not always have to go 80 to score.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Give me a dude who knows what to fair catch and what to let go, doesn’t muff the catch, and understands that running side to side ain’t the move.

It’s how I feel about special teams in general.

Do not have catastrophic turnovers or mistakes like giving up points/returns.

Do not miss PAT or field goals 45 in.

Do not get punts blocked or have automatic first down penalties.

It really is that simple.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Time to keep him and axe Schwartz.

Maybe it’s just me projecting my own feelings but I can’t imagine Schwartz is even in the conversation at this point.

7 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Also, if Jones ends up being a baller, I’d consider trading Wills next year/in the offseason.

Dude didn’t even look bothered by graham lol 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

It’s how I feel about special teams in general.

Do not have catastrophic turnovers or mistakes like giving up points/returns.

Do not miss PAT or field goals 45 in.

Do not get punts blocked or have automatic first down penalties.

It really is that simple.

Yep. That’s always been my ST opinion. Be as conservative as possible. Fair catch anything within 10 yards of a defender. Punt everything out of bounce. Don’t do anything stupid. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Maybe it’s just me projecting my own feelings but I can’t imagine Schwartz is even in the conversation at this point.

Let’s hope not. If someone else beats him out fine but keeping former high draft picks just because they were drafted can’t happen anymore. He hasn’t been developed for whatever reason, move on.

17 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Dude didn’t even look bothered by graham lol 

Hitting on a Jones would be amazing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Yeah, I was about to say he has had a nice career but clearly the health isn’t happening here in Cleveland. He’s catching some nice paychecks on his sail off into the sunset. 

Its a bit strange how the Browns were very open to giving him money long term. He is essentially signed for the next 3 seasons through 2025. If the plan is for Dawand Jones to take over for Wills next season at LT. My only worry is that he spent all his time at RT @osu and he has played RT this preseason. Are they going to cross-train him at LT this season at any point?

• Like 1

Watson threw 3 picks to Reid Blankenship yesterday and Josh Sweat beat Jedrick Wills for 3 sacks. It’s Norma for quarterbacks to throw more picks during preseason to gauge what they/their receivers can and can’t do and there’s generally not a gameplan put in.

However, let’s hope that Jones and/or Hudson can be the heir apparent because Wills isn’t it.