Browns General Discussion

candyman93

49 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Alex Wright looks MUCH more comfortable as a 4th pass rusher than what we kind of forced him to be at times last year. He’s been very good when moved around. I think he even took snaps standing up yesterday too.

It’s almost as if waiting to see if a guy improves from his rookie year before writing him off is a wise move. (Not directed at you)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Alex Wright looks MUCH more comfortable as a 4th pass rusher than what we kind of forced him to be at times last year. He’s been very good when moved around. I think he even took snaps standing up yesterday too.

When I re-watched games from last year I noticed he didn't use his hands to fight off blockers well or at all. Hopefully this indicates he's been putting in a lot of work in that regard, because he physically has always looked the part.

18 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I’m very surprised by Walker. I didn’t think he would be good this year coming off an injury plus he was barely above a JAG. But he’s looked great so far. The LBs have surprised me the most. 

On the radio someone brought up his having some legit talent in the trenches is making life easier on our LBs allowing them to come down hill and make plays. 

Dalvin Tomlinson has been huge for us. He’s been explosive too.  

2 minutes ago, brownie man said:

On the radio someone brought up his having some legit talent in the trenches is making life easier on our LBs allowing them to come down hill and make plays. 

It's because our coaches actually know what we're doing. We are now working over the top of down blocks. Last year, we had our linebackers matching RB leverage and it resulted in them getting walled in on every freaking play.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brownie man said:

Dalvin Tomlinson has been huge for us. He’s been explosive too.  

Apparently Tomlinson had a pff grade in the 30s last week. I can’t take them serious anymore. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rod Johnson said:

When I re-watched games from last year I noticed he didn't use his hands to fight off blockers well or at all. Hopefully this indicates he's been putting in a lot of work in that regard, because he physically has always looked the part.

Which is weird, because his best attribute in college was his punch in his hands. He would rock good players backwards with that shot. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

I’m gonna throw this idea out there, since Jed wills is abysmal, and the broncos are abysmal, maybe see what f you can get Garett Bolles for a mid to late round pick ?

He kinda sucks too though and has a fairly big salary.