Browns General Discussion

candyman93

2 minutes ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

im not saying  dont explore QB but, I don't want wentz, one he's injured every other game, two imo he's too careless with the football.  If we were to explore QB options

Matt Ryan- Doesnt even come up in discussion, dudes washed and moved onto the booth

Foles- I think would serve the purpose

Brissett- depending on the pick cost, imo would be the best current option, knows the system, him and Coop already have a good connection

I dont think there are really any other options out there, and to be honest if you bring someone other than jacoby in.... they arent gonna be ready to go right away

Brissett is definitely option 1 by a wide margin imo, but he requires trade compensation and Washington being agreeable to move him. 

I’m surprised we haven’t at least done something. If the Watson injury is in fact a real lingering deal, this is a team that we have tried to build for playoffs and contention now. You absolutely have to bring somebody else in that is capable of seeing the field on a Sunday. If a trade for a guy like Jacoby is not an option from Washington’s standpoint, there are other guys out there that are worth a mid round pick or signing on the market. I wouldn’t necessarily say we should trade a fourth or fifth round pick on a normal year but I would this year if that’s what it takes considering the way the rest of our roster is and the immediate need. 

15 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I’m surprised we haven’t at least done something. If the Watson injury is in fact a real lingering deal, this is a team that we have tried to build for playoffs and contention now. You absolutely have to bring somebody else in that is capable of seeing the field on a Sunday. If a trade for a guy like Jacoby is not an option from Washington’s standpoint, there are other guys out there that are worth a mid round pick or signing on the market. I wouldn’t necessarily say we should trade a fourth or fifth round pick on a normal year but I would this year if that’s what it takes considering the way the rest of our roster is and the immediate need. 

who do you have in mind nate

2 minutes ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

who do you have in mind nate

Brisket is option 1. He already knows everything about our offense and would be ready to play the next week. Then you have guys like Nick Foles, Andy Dalton, Darnold, Bridgewater, Mariota, Davis Mills, and Brian Hoyer who are currently on teams. I imagine for most of those guys, their teams are reluctant to make a move on them. They probably like having a reliable back up. I’m wondering why we traded Josh Dobbs if this is what we had behind Watson. There are guys like Colt McCoy on the open market if none of those other guys are options. I’m not saying any of these options get me tingly or anything but we can’t sit on our hands and expect PJ Walker to win us the division.

I love PJ’s heart and competitiveness, but he’s simply not an NFL quality QB right now.

Like Nate said, guys like McCoy aren’t making my jeans tight, but he’s more capable than PJ.  

I also get they seem to want someone more mobile, but I’m not sure why as PJ seems reluctant to run anyway.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

I think we may be avoiding quality players because it would make Deshaun insecure or they may out play him. 

Imagine if Foles came in and threw for 270 and 3 tds. 

Yeah, that be awful.  

God imagine if that happened and we like, won a bunch of games and the super bowl.  

deshaun would feel terrible.  

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

I mean he gets paid. But these guys have huge egos. 

I get it.  But I’d imagine there’s something he could do about the situation too.

You can’t not play and then get mad when they look to bring in someone competent to replace you lol.

This is professional football ffs.  People have been trying to take his job literally his whole playing career going back to middle school or whatever.  If you don’t want to compete this ain’t the job for you.

21 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I get it.  But I’d imagine there’s something he could do about the situation too.

You can’t not play and then get mad when they look to bring in someone competent to replace you lol.

This is professional football ffs.  People have been trying to take his job literally his whole playing career going back to middle school or whatever.  If you don’t want to compete this ain’t the job for you.

I'd love to see him try. He seems more prepared than Manziel, less prepared than Baker. 

I think playing qb would be more fun if you were ready to go. You would t have to run as much and get hit.

• Like 1

Unfortunately, this legendary backup QB passed away in 2014.  Led his club to perfection, while the starter healed, ultimately taking them to the 'promised land."

s-l1600.jpg

As much as I get the "win now" idea, do we need at least a bit of draft capital to try and fix the glaring hole at LT?