Browns General Discussion

candyman93

3 hours ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

Some of you people live in absolute wonderland 

3 hours ago, hornbybrown said:

Calm down people. Watson’s injury was a 4-6 week injury. He should be right for this week or next week.

Trading a day two pick for someone to play one game would be insane 

It’s hard to take a troll account and a poster who openly admits they have no interest in being rational too seriously.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I get it from everyone’s point of view, but it can’t work like that.

If I’m the owner I want what I want, sure, but you can’t do the job part time and expect the GM to be accountable for other people’s moves. 

If I’m the coaches I want a better QB.

If I’m the GM I’m not putting my name on that BS trade.  “You want to play GM, cool, fire me and pay me my guaranteed money and do whatever you want, but I’m not signing my name next to that buffoonery.”

The Haslams weren’t right, they were wrong in the moment, wrong in hindsight and interfered with professionals doing their job in a multibillion dollar business because they were up in their feelings.

Jimmy and Dee have no one to blame for their failures but themselves, time and time again. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

If I’m the owner I want what I want, sure, but you can’t do the job part time and expect the GM to be accountable for other people’s moves. 

If I’m the GM I’m not putting my name on that BS trade.  “You want to play GM, cool, fire me and pay me my guaranteed money and do whatever you want, but I’m not signing my name next to that buffoonery.”

The Haslams weren’t right, they were wrong in the moment, wrong in hindsight and interfered with professionals doing their job in a multibillion dollar business because they were up in their feelings.

Jimmy and Dee have no one to blame for their failures but themselves, time and time again. 

Sashi had the right idea. He may not have done the most with his draft picks but he knew how to use the system to accumulate picks. I mean, we all know how to get an extra 1st every year but for some reason teams won't make the initial sacrifice. It does get trickier as you start winning more, harder to get a future 1st for the 60th pick as compared to the 40th pick but if you wanted to could get it done.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Sashi had the right idea. He may not have done the most with his draft picks but he knew how to use the system to accumulate picks. I mean, we all know how to get an extra 1st every year but for some reason teams won't make the initial sacrifice. It does get trickier as you start winning more, harder to get a future 1st for the 60th pick as compared to the 40th pick but if you wanted to could get it done.

Teams are impatient for sure, mostly because of impatient and moronic owners like Jimmy who want to trade multiple notable assets for a 9 game rental of a dude who threw like 60 career passes after that who best case scenario wins you some meaningless games and bones your draft position.

But of course they were in this adversarial situation because Jimmy put Hue and Sashi in equal roles instead of one reporting to the other.

Which may not have been a problem had Jimmy not ignored the nerds and hired Hue in the first place.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Is this a mike post?

41 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

Wonder where all the people are at that were for the Watson trade?

I don't post much, but I was for the trade and am still here. I knew it was a gamble and could blow up in our face but to me it was worth it.  I've watched this team fail to get a franchise qb in all the traditional ways since Kosar.  I'd hoped we got it right with Baker, but over the years I knew we got the 3rd best qb or best non-franchise qb in the 2018 draft.  (I just knew Baker was the deal after watching him in his debut against the Jets in 2018, and was disappointed to come to the conclusion that he is an ok starter capable of brilliance but far too often not quite good enough.) This is the real reason we are struggling.  The Bungles got lucky and had the No.1 pick with the consensus guy Burrow. When we had the #1 pick in 2017 and 2018 and we missed on the franchise guys, there was no consensus can't miss qb.  (At least got a Hall of Famer with one of those picks.) I'm in it for the long haul, and will wait for Watson to get healthy be it this year, or next. I've waited for a franchise guy since 1992 when Bernie left, what's another year to find out whether Watson makes the cut or not.   

As for this year, the Browns lost Chubb and their starting qb for majority the season and have been competitive in every game but one. They are 4-3 and still in the hunt to make the playoffs.  With everything that has gone wrong with injuries, I'm fine with the season thus far.  The team fights.  They aren't an embarrassment on defense like last year.  They may not make the playoffs but I've enjoyed the roller coaster of a season thus far on balance.  It hasn't been pretty but would it be the Browns if it were?  After all, we are fanbase that glorifies offensive linemen and kickers don't ya know.😉

• Like 1

Sashi built a roster where we didnt have one of the 70 best quarterbacks, one of the 30 best running backs, or one of the top 60 wide receivers in the NFL. 

Its one thing to not want to get poor value for an asset, its another thing to purposefully build a roster that is so far and away less talented than any others in the league, and then be completely uncompromising when your coworkers ask you help out just a little to lighten the load. 

Sashi is the most damaging front office member since the return.