Browns General Discussion

candyman93

Sashi took over a 3-13 team, made it worse, went 1-15, and then made the roster even worse his second season and went 0-16.

He never acquired an NFL starting QB, WR, or RB. He spent a first rounder on Njoku,  which is like a C- use of a draft pick but his best overall offensive decision. 

On defense, he used the 1st overall pick of Myles Garrett and took Larry O in round 3.  Those  were his two best overall moves as a GM. 

Besides succeeded at losing on purpose, which literally anyone could do, what about him made people think he could turn it around? People ***** about Hue Jackson but this mans record was 11-14 as a head coach away from Sashi and 1-31 with him. 

• Like 3

Who are guys on our roster that you feel “yeah we NEED to keep them for the next 3+ years if we can.”

For me:

1. Myles Garrett obviously

2. Denzel Ward

3. MJ Emerson

4. JOK

5. Greg Newsome

6. Dawand Jones (how he’s played + his potential)

Now I am NOT saying get rid of Cooper + Njoku + Chubb + Bitonio + Teller. I was factoring in age + position. The precious 6 guys I mentioned should not be wearing another jersey before 3 years from now.

The only guy who’s a 50/50 tossup for me is Grant Delpit. He’s been fantastic but I worry if he’s a 1 hit wonder.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Who are guys on our roster that you feel “yeah we NEED to keep them for the next 3+ years if we can.”

For me:

1. Myles Garrett obviously

2. Denzel Ward

3. MJ Emerson

4. JOK

5. Greg Newsome

6. Dawand Jones (how he’s played + his potential)

Now I am NOT saying get rid of Cooper + Njoku + Chubb + Bitonio + Teller. I was factoring in age + position. The precious 6 guys I mentioned should not be wearing another jersey before 3 years from now.

The only guy who’s a 50/50 tossup for me is Grant Delpit. He’s been fantastic but I worry if he’s a 1 hit wonder.

I’m in agreement more or less.

Bitonio perhaps, just because he should retire a Brown.

Njoku is gonna need to be utilized more or there’s really no point.  If he’s only gonna get 3 targets per game and mostly on screens any asshat can do that.

Id consider franchising Delpit, see if he can do it again.

Chubb, love him but in 3 years?  Idk man.  He’s got a long road ahead of him.

• Like 1

Myles, Ward, Emerson, JOK, DeWand, and from there I’d strongly consider Delpit and a Cooper restructure.

If by some miracle Nick comes back fully healthy, him too.

Bitonio should retire here as well

Newsome I want here but he doesn’t warrant a huge payday so that’s a question mark for me.

Njoku isn’t worth what we are paying him.

Teller and Jed should go after their contracts expire, and I’d consider a Conklin restructure settlement.

So, somewhere between 7-10 franchise caliber players and glue guys feels right.

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

Myles, Ward, Emerson, JOK, DeWand, and from there I’d strongly consider Delpit and a Cooper restructure.

If by some miracle Nick comes back fully healthy, him too.

Bitonio should retire here as well

Newsome I want here but he doesn’t warrant a huge payday so that’s a question mark for me.

Njoku isn’t worth what we are paying him.

Teller and Jed should go after their contracts expire, and I’d consider a Conklin restructure settlement.

So, somewhere between 7-10 franchise caliber players and glue guys feels right.

Nick Harris sucks. What has he ever done?

Njoku is 100% worth it. We just can’t get him the ball. Stefanski sucks. 

Just now, sdrawkcab321 said:

I understand. But contract year stars are always a major red flag. Regardless of age. 

I get that, but even last year he flashed a good bit.  Most of the times he struggled was with miscommunications that seemed to get iron out almost entirely this year with a competent DC.

41 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I get that, but even last year he flashed a good bit.  Most of the times he struggled was with miscommunications that seemed to get iron out almost entirely this year with a competent DC.

The dude hunts. People who are thay aggressive stay aggressive.

• Like 1