Browns General Discussion

candyman93

10 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

17th highest cap number for next year.

Like, it’s a lot but not really. And that’s before whoever gets paid this off-season. 

https://overthecap.com/position/left-tackle/2024

It’s also a one year deal with no dead cap after.  If a team has money and their line is ***, he’s an option.

He is an option. So is a free agent making 5 million who you could cut without a huge hit. Someone would have to believe he is a good LT. Otherwise it's smarter to use low end/back up money on a tackle who gives you about the same production. If Wills was worth close to his contract we wouldn't be having this discussion.

13 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

His issues don’t seem technique related to me, it’s more the standing and watching he tends to do

That is definitely an issue. I'm sure he was taught to do that in certain situations to pick up the schemed blitzer but he seems to do it just when he gets beat. Doesn't increase his value.

15 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if they extend Amari to save some cap space. 

Maybe the same for Chubb, but he’d save 12 million.  He turns 29 next season.  He’s coming off of a complete knee rebuild….  Hate to even think it, but I’d get it.

Yeah, that's my guess also. We could always extend Chubb too with some performance heavy contract. I know there are other options but we don't even need to think about that now. He is probably my all time favorite player or at least right there with the Cribbs/Matthews/MDP/Kosar and such.

16 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

He is an option. So is a free agent making 5 million who you could cut without a huge hit. Someone would have to believe he is a good LT. Otherwise it's smarter to use low end/back up money on a tackle who gives you about the same production. If Wills was worth close to his contract we wouldn't be having this discussion.

stop ****ting on my dreams Thomas 😂 

That is definitely an issue. I'm sure he was taught to do that in certain situations to pick up the schemed blitzer but he seems to do it just when he gets beat. Doesn't increase his value.

if he didn’t get beat so often it wouldn’t be an issue lol 

Yeah, that's my guess also. We could always extend Chubb too with some performance heavy contract. I know there are other options but we don't even need to think about that now. He is probably my all time favorite player or at least right there with the Cribbs/Matthews/MDP/Kosar and such.

Yeah he’s universally loved and I’d hate to see him elsewhere.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Have I mentioned how much I love Joe Flacco lately?  At 38 he makes every qb we’ve had in the last 30 years look amateur. I mean granted they pretty much were amateur. But even more so. Baker and Watson never looked than good. 

He made the plays when he had to today. He made a lot of really bad throws today too, it's tough circumstances with all of the injuries and etc but he hasn't been special by any means, just better than what else we have.

Grateful to have him for sure, but it's going to get tougher and tougher going forward, teams figured out how to neutralize him before and they will again. Hopefully it's after the Super Bowl though.

16 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Have I mentioned how much I love Joe Flacco lately?  At 38 he makes every qb we’ve had in the last 30 years look amateur. I mean granted they pretty much were amateur. But even more so. Baker and Watson never looked than good. 

He's old. Of course you love him.

11 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

He’s living proof at 38 that we need to get a big strong armed dude who can drive the ball through the wind and rain in Cleveland come late fall and winter. As if I didn’t watch him do it for 13-15 years before yesterday.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

after having a bye week 5. Absolute ludicrous 

Once bye weeks stop then Thursday games need to stop as well imo.  

Besides the absurdity from a player health perspective, it’s absolutely a competitive balance issue imo.  

I guess the upside is we get a couple extra days to prep for Cincy in what may be an enormous game.

• Like 1