Browns General Discussion

candyman93

Just looking around the league at rookies- I’m a firm believer that rookies don’t need to be developed before you know if they’re a future stud or not.

Now a guy can develop into a rotational player, because that’s not a difficult thing to do.

For example, looking at the 2023 class. I can safely state that Dawand Jones will be a stud and that Mitchell + Tillman could be nice rotational pieces. Everyone else won’t surprise me if they’re off the roster in 2-3 years.

2022 class is the same. Emerson is an absolute stud. Long term, Alex Wright and Jerome Ford are rotational pieces. Everybody else won’t be on our 53 roster in 2 years.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Just looking around the league at rookies- I’m a firm believer that rookies don’t need to be developed before you know if they’re a future stud or not.

Now a guy can develop into a rotational player, because that’s not a difficult thing to do.

For example, looking at the 2023 class. I can safely state that Dawand Jones will be a stud and that Mitchell + Tillman could be nice rotational pieces. Everyone else won’t surprise me if they’re off the roster in 2-3 years.

2022 class is the same. Emerson is an absolute stud. Long term, Alex Wright and Jerome Ford are rotational pieces. Everybody else won’t be on our 53 roster in 2 years.

If Berry keeps getting studs and starters we ought to keep him long term. 

We have had so many drafts where we get nearly nothing. 

2015 nothing bar Duke who was solid not spectacular.

14 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I 100% agree with you. This is why I’m firmly against drafting projects especially with early picks

How many players have ever taken 4-5 years to pan out with the Browns? Even late bloomers like Njoku were still reasonable players almost immediately. 

Usually The guys who stink at first and then figure it out do so on their second team and are rarely star level talents. Pryor for us comes to mind, and Cam Erving was OK for the Chiefs and stunk here. Again, pretty rare. 

• Like 1