Browns General Discussion

candyman93

1 hour ago, ReggieCamp said:

** I know some will never forgive him for dushbag **

Correct unless Flacco leads us to a Superb Owl and then I’ll have amnesia for the rest of my fandom/life

• Like 1

AB had a stretch there he refused to cut any of his draft picks until at all the first 2-3 years. There were some guys that obviously needed upgraded from on the roster and that’s when he really lost me. The dushbag trade pushed me over the edge. 

4 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

AB had a stretch there he refused to cut any of his draft picks until at all the first 2-3 years. There were some guys that obviously needed upgraded from on the roster and that’s when he really lost me. The dushbag trade pushed me over the edge. 

Luckily for us he assembled one of the best defenses in the last 15-20 years during that time too.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Luckily for us he assembled one of the best defenses in the last 15-20 years during that time too.

He drafted some excellent cornerback player. There is no question. It has been great to see scheme matchup with talent this year.

7 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

AB had a stretch there he refused to cut any of his draft picks until at all the first 2-3 years.

That’s every single GM who has ever lived. I’ll take him over every GM we ever had in my 36 year lifetime, sans maybe John Dorsey. 

1 hour ago, BetterCallSaul said:

That’s every single GM who has ever lived. I’ll take him over every GM we ever had in my 36 year lifetime, sans maybe John Dorsey. 

Even Dorsey traded a first rounder (and more) for a guy who at the time was having injury issues and was perhaps a malcontent and who ended up being an injury prone malcontent.

He also hired Freddie Kitchens bumpkin arse as a HC.  I readily admit I liked the hire at the time as I assumed he was a clever guy and the “aw shucks” routine was just deflecting during pressers and such.  After some time it became obvious he wasn’t ready to be a HC/HC material.  If you’re in the building everyday with him you should know that and be able to make the tough decision to hire someone else.

All of this leads up to what seems to be his biggest issue, at least based on perception, and that’s he’s known to be hard to work with.  His way or the highway.  And some of that confidence and take charge attitude can be good, but it’s a job that is entirely dependent on working with others. You’re going to wear people out quickly with that attitude.

I definitely think he knows ball, but he’s probably not GM material imo.  I think the role he’s in now in Detroit is ideal for him based on what I’ve read/can try to interpret.

And to be clear, even though I didn’t like the OBJ trade at the time I don’t think it was an awful trade.  He took a shot on a playmaker to help his (at the time) stud rookie QB.  

In theory it’s not a bad move, it just didn’t work out.  And that’s ok.  Not every move has to or is going to.  As long as there’s decent reasoning for making it.  

Sht that drives me nuts is drafting a RB at 4, a 28 year old rookie QB in the first, etc. as there’s no good reason to do so.

1 hour ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Dorsey built a great foundation for this team. And I really believe if he was given more time he would have built a similarly skilled roster. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

And to be clear, even though I didn’t like the OBJ trade at the time I don’t think it was an awful trade.  He took a shot on a playmaker to help his (at the time) stud rookie QB.  

In theory it’s not a bad move, it just didn’t work out.  And that’s ok.  Not every move has to or is going to.  As long as there’s decent reasoning for making it.  

Sht that drives me nuts is drafting a RB at 4, a 28 year old rookie QB in the first, etc. as there’s no good reason to do so.

To be fair. Trent was looked at as a generationally great rb. I didn’t mind the pick at the time because we needed someone who could be productive without a qb. Weeden was a horrible inexcusable pick though.  

15 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

To be fair. Trent was looked at as a generationally great rb. I didn’t mind the pick at the time because we needed someone who could be productive without a qb. Weeden was a horrible inexcusable pick though.  

I won’t argue his ability/perception of his ability, it’s whatever.  I thought Saquon at 2 was just as absurd.  

I just don’t think the positional is valuable enough to take that high.

Iirc @DawgX and I were about the only two pushing hard for Tannehill.  Everyone else liked Blackmon and/or Richardson. Might have been a couple Kalil fans too.